• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strengths and Weaknesses of Your CFB heading into 2019

Just a few basics, what should be the strengths and weaknesses:

Oregon Ducks:

Strengths:

1. Offensive Line (In theory, should be the best unit on the team. They had ups(blowing Stanford off the ball for 3 quarters) and downs(bowl game), but the # of returning starters and a legitimate 4 guys on the starting line that will be NFL players(possibly 2 1st round picks in Throckmorton and Sewell). There's also depth here too, as Mario has recruited the hell out of the position he used to Coach and recruit well at, at Alabama.
    2. Quarterback (Talent/size/experience is all prototypical; consistency needs to improve). Tyler Shough is a much better backup than we've had the past few seasons. Really good spring game from him.
    3. Linebackers(IF this unit is as good as I think it will be, it will be our best LBer unit since Kiko Alonso and Michael Clay. Dye is a beast that occasionally does Bobby Wagner type things, Winston is underrated, and Isaac Slade is due for a breakout year.

Weaknesses:

1. Offensive Coordinator(Dunce and Toolshed)
    2. Defensive line depth
    3. Skill players on offense( Last year we had 1 guy that could make someone miss in space and he left early for the NFL.) There's 3 guys we're adding(Pittman, Dollars, Juwan Johnson) who all could be really good, but they're all 1st year players at Oregon, so it leaves a big question mark here. I also think Verdell will be better in year 2, but he's got to show it on gameday.
    Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 07-09-2019, 04:02 PM.

Anytime Grant talks shit about Oregons OL, you can just see the train tracks being laid down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
      Anytime Grant talks shit about Oregons OL, you can just see the train tracks being laid down.
      Best get off the tracks:

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Best get off the tracks:

Yes, we played like absolute dogshit that game.

Comment

Nebraska:

Strengths:
          1) Greatest non-bandwagon fanbase in the US
          2) Decent young quarterback
          3) Good young narcissist HC

Weaknesses
          1) Lots of scrubs on the team until Frost cleans house
          Last edited by FuqMizzou; 07-09-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Strengths:

1.) Wide receiver. Could be a more talented group than they had last year, which is really saying something.

2.) Running back. No more Weber coughing the fucking ball up at the worst possible time, Dobbins will finally get the number of carries he’s deserved since day one.

3.) Defensive line. Love the interior, these guys are going to make some serious noise this season.

Weaknesses:

1.) Linebacker. Between this year and last, this may be the least talented group Ohio State has ever had. They’re just bad, plain and simple.

2.) Quarterback. Could be a strength by mid season, but it’s hard to imagine anyone stepping in and matching or exceeding what Haskins did last year.

3.) Cornerback. Some of this was scheme, but they couldn’t cover shit last year and got smoked on a pretty regular basis. Watch the Maryland and Purdue games.

Overall, I think it should be a good year. I’m expecting something similar to last season with an outside shot at a bigger drop off. I know a lot of fans liked to criticize Meyer’s play calling at times, but you don’t go from a top 3-5 guy all time to a first time head coach and not see a drop off.

Comment

"Weaknesses--none"
              "Strengths--Entire Team"

---Hamp

Comment

Strengths:

Schedule - The West Opponents this year are Arkansas and Miss State. Florida, UT, Louisville at home. The only true easy L is @ Georgia. The over of 6.5 seems like a slam dunk for Kentucky.
                Overall Depth - Stoops is recruiting at a level never before seen at UK. I think the depth will shine through this year and while they won't win 10 games this year, I think 8-4 is a distinct possibility.

Weaknesses:
                No Josh Allen
                Secondary - You lose basically everyone from one of the best defenses in program history
                No Benny Snell

I didn't try really hard, but the schedule is easy enough that they should be able to take just a little step back

Comment

Originally posted by theBHMAguy View Post
                  "Weaknesses--none"
                  "Strengths--Entire Team"

---Hamp
                  15-0

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Strength: secondary/Wide receivers/coaching

Weaknesses: Defensive Line/Young Offensive Line

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

In many cases our strengths are also our weaknesses because we're so goddamn inconsistent

Comment

Strengths:
                        1. Best coach in the conference.
                        2. Secondary returns a ton of talent.
                        3. Running backs all return.

Weaknesses:
                        1. Defensive Line. This was the case last year and it somehow worked out just fine.
                        2. Shitty conference.
                        3. Passing game. New QB and replacing some long-term contributors on the outside is gonna' be tough.

Comment

Strengths:

Dline and skill position

Weakness:

Linebacker and DB scheme

Question Marks:

QB and coaching

Probably 11-2 or 12-1.

Comment

Strengths
                            - Offensive line is easily the most reliable asset the team has coming in
                            - Eason should be an upgrade over Browning
                            - Despite a near total overhaul, the DL should have the talent to increase production.
                            - Massively favorable schedule.

Weaknesses
                            - Running Backs will be a clear downgrade over previous years. Ahmed is no Gaskin.
                            - The defense is replacing nine starters, and while the DL will be good, and the secondary should be fine, the linebackers are a massive question
                            - Zero indication that the special teams woes that lead to one stupid loss a year the past few have been fixed.

Feel like they should still contend for the North Crown. Anything more than 2 losses will be a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                              Strengths:
                              1. Best coach in the conference.
                              2. Secondary returns a ton of talent.
                              3. Running backs all return.

Weaknesses:
                              1. Defensive Line. This was the case last year and it somehow worked out just fine.
                              2. Shitty conference.
                              3. Passing game. New QB and replacing some long-term contributors on the outside is gonna' be tough.
                              I thought Tedford would turn things around but goddam...

Comment

Working...
                              X