X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fall of FSU

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-to-rise-again

interesting article with quotes from the AD and former assistant coaches

Can't wait for Fisher to do the same thing to aTm.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
      Can't wait for Fisher to do the same thing to aTm.
      I was thinking, I wonder how long this takes at tamu.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

I was thinking, I wonder how long this takes at tamu.
        As long as he doesn't manage to pull off a championship in the interim. They are bad enough when pretending. I can't imagine what they would be like if they actually won something.

Comment

I’m ok with Aggie winning a title just so we have another school win a natty before UGA.

Comment

I read that recently, basically Jimbo slander and trying to prop up slick Willie. This is a big year for Slick, if they don't show progress he could be done in year 2.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
              I read that recently, basically Jimbo slander and trying to prop up slick Willie. This is a big year for Slick, if they don't show progress he could be done in year 2.
              It's not slander if it's true regarding Jimbo. As for Taggart, his job is riding on the hires of Kendal Briles and Randy Clements (OC and OL coaches). They need to devise a functional offense given the talent limitations of the OL and hope James Blackman can execute their gameplans. I think the administration would keep Taggart if he wins at least 8 games and shows signs of progress compared to last year. Taggart also is courting Jim Leavitt for a defensive analyst position this year and perhaps more next year since there will be an open spot on the coaching staff next year. We all know Taggart wanted to bring Leavitt from Oregon when he came last year.

Comment

Basically i read about all the shit heads they recruited and Taggart is cleaning it up by hiring a Coach with the last name of Briles. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                  Basically i read about all the shit heads they recruited and Taggart is cleaning it up by hiring a Coach with the last name of Briles. Lol

Briles is a much better coach than our former OC Walt Bell

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post

Briles is a much better coach than our former OC Walt Bell
                    Yeah but is he a better character and have accountability? Just some humor to really speak on both throughout it and then hit you with a Briles hire comment. I chuckled when I got to that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                      Yeah but is he a better character and have accountability? Just some humor to really speak on both throughout it and then hit you with a Briles hire comment. I chuckled when I got to that part.

If he does well on the field and FSU wins games then nobody will care about that stuff. This is a business in the end and FSU can't afford to be picky given how last season unfolded. If he didn't have the last name Briles then he would likely already be a head coach somewhere by now.

Comment

Pretty easy story. FSU built itself into an elite program on the back of a top 10 all time coach, and since he faded out and eventually stepped down, they’ve never been the same. Jimbo won you guys a NC, but it was a pretty down year in college football and he wasn’t able to sustain it. He also left you guys for a fat paycheck and an arguably lesser program, which says a lot about where FSU really stands in the big picture.

IMO, Florida State is a top 10 job that’s slowly working its way into the top 15 and should settle somewhere near the bottom of the top 20. The state is highly competitive when it comes to recruiting, there’s serious deficiencies in state at key positions in the modern game (OL, QB), and their national reach is never going to match that of an Alabama or Ohio State type of program. I think Jimbo got out because he recognized that fact, and saw real potential in building an actual juggernaut at A&M given their willingness to write a blank check. You add in Texas being down, Baylor imploding, and the other Texas schools continuing to be irrelevant, and there’s a legit chance aTm becomes the premiere program in the biggest football state. Do I think it’ll happen? No, but it could, and that was enough for him to walk away from FSU.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                          Pretty easy story. FSU built itself into an elite program on the back of a top 10 all time coach, and since he faded out and eventually stepped down, they’ve never been the same. Jimbo won you guys a NC, but it was a pretty down year in college football and he wasn’t able to sustain it. He also left you guys for a fat paycheck and an arguably lesser program, which says a lot about where FSU really stands in the big picture.

IMO, Florida State is a top 10 job that’s slowly working its way into the top 15 and should settle somewhere near the bottom of the top 20. The state is highly competitive when it comes to recruiting, there’s serious deficiencies in state at key positions in the modern game (OL, QB), and their national reach is never going to match that of an Alabama or Ohio State type of program. I think Jimbo got out because he recognized that fact, and saw real potential in building an actual juggernaut at A&M given their willingness to write a blank check. You add in Texas being down, Baylor imploding, and the other Texas schools continuing to be irrelevant, and there’s a legit chance aTm becomes the premiere program in the biggest football state. Do I think it’ll happen? No, but it could, and that was enough for him to walk away from FSU.
                          And see, i think we have bottomed out already as a top 20 team. This season will be the key to whether we stay there or start creeping back toward top 10 status. The talent is always there. Its totally about culture and coaching. You can buy coaching, and you can teach culture.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

And see, i think we have bottomed out already as a top 20 team. This season will be the key to whether we stay there or start creeping back toward top 10 status. The talent is always there. Its totally about culture and coaching. You can buy coaching, and you can teach culture.
                            Theoretically yes, but it about the other things I mentioned as well. FSU isn’t outspending any top 10 program, and their reach outside of their region is limited and said region is even more limited when it comes to talent at certain positions. How is anyone going to convince big beefy guys to come down to play on FSU’s o line nowadays when they could just as easily go to Clemson or Bama? Nobody from up north is going down there either, at least not as long as Wisconsin is getting at least one guy drafted in the first round every year. The best shot they have is probably Texas and the west coast, but now you’re trying to sell kids on playing college 1000-3000 miles from home, and for what? What does FSU have that you can’t get elsewhere?

I don’t think it’s an impossible situation by any means. FSU still has a great program with a lot of history, and they’re never more than a class or two from competing, I just don’t see those classes coming without a truly elite coach.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Theoretically yes, but it about the other things I mentioned as well. FSU isn’t outspending any top 10 program, and their reach outside of their region is limited and said region is even more limited when it comes to talent at certain positions. How is anyone going to convince big beefy guys to come down to play on FSU’s o line nowadays when they could just as easily go to Clemson or Bama? Nobody from up north is going down there either, at least not as long as Wisconsin is getting at least one guy drafted in the first round every year. The best shot they have is probably Texas and the west coast, but now you’re trying to sell kids on playing college 1000-3000 miles from home, and for what? What does FSU have that you can’t get elsewhere?

I don’t think it’s an impossible situation by any means. FSU still has a great program with a lot of history, and they’re never more than a class or two from competing, I just don’t see those classes coming without a truly elite coach.
                              We never have. And have years of success to show for it. We will never be a Bama, but we will be back.

Comment

Working...
                              X