Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCONN back to the Big East

I think we all knew this was inevitable. AAC will continue on with 11 members, Big East will go from 18 to 20 conference games in CBB. Wouldn't shock me if the AAC convinced Wichita to go ahead with bringing back football. They were exploring FCS football or even FBS football before accepting the AAC invite.

CFB wise, so much to discuss....
    • AAC stays at 11 with the divisional split
    • Navy leaves and it is still a divisional split but evened out
    • UMASS to AAC as a replacement and full member
    • UCONN and UMASS to the MAC, which would put Bowling Green in the West
    • UCONN goes independent, builds a schedule that revolves around playing UMASS, Liberty, BYU, and a combo of BC/Cuse/PSU/Rutgers annually.

Originally posted by nutt View Post
    CFB wise, so much to discuss....

AAC stays at 11 with the divisional split
    Navy leaves and it is still a divisional split but evened out
    OR Army joins as a 12th member (which will sadly put the army navy game out of december and likely rivarly week, although thats a distinct possibility of happening with Navy in the AAC anyways). Also viable is another Sun Belt -> Conference USA -> AAC shuffle. Most likely AAC candidates in that case would be LaTech, Marshall, MTSU, NOrth Texas, Rice, Southern Miss, WKU. My money would be on Marshall.

UMASS to AAC as a replacement and full member

Unlikely. They don't have the team to compete in football, and there's really no advantage to going to the AAC over the A-10.

UCONN and UMASS to the MAC, which would put Bowling Green in the West

Also unlikely. The MAC made it very clear they had no interest in UMass as a football only member, and UMass made it very clear they had no interest in putting their basketball program in a much weaker conference. I doubt UConn would be any different.

UCONN goes independent, builds a schedule that revolves around playing UMASS, Liberty, BYU, and a combo of BC/Cuse/PSU/Rutgers annually.

This or a voluntary drop to FCS a'la Idaho are the most likely options for now.

Last edited by Pollaski; 06-27-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

The formatting for the board is acting up. Hmmm..

But to cover your mentions Pollaski ...

I think if they did Army, then it should NEVER be a conference game. They could play in opposing divisions and if both outright win their division, then make the Army-Navy game for the AAC Championship.

Agreed that UMASS going A-10 > ACC is most likely a lateral move. UMASS being kicked out of the MAC for football-only because the MAC thought they would join is still absurd. The MAC could boost their P5 profile by adding both IMO.

UCONN has said they will not drop to FCS and would either find an FBS home or go independent. I still think they go independent in 2020, then from there who knows.

Comment

What the fuck

Comment

Okay, fixed the formatting (had to do it on mobile in tapatalk. Long story short, don't leave list tags open)

Anyways, someone already made a pretty cool "we're coming home" hype video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V--tqP-KTw

Comment

I mean, he's no Dubs, but what a good boi

Comment

Working...
            X