Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty sad that not a single player on the men's team has spoken up about the wage gap.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
      It's pretty sad that not a single player on the men's team has spoken up about the wage gap.
      Why would you?

If you're for it, your basically saying your in favor of resources being taken away from the men's team. Which, considering the men's team needs more resources to be competitive, and the women don't is kind of a suicidal declaration.

If you're against it, you'll be crucified, and that's just not worth the hassle.

Best to do what you do when shit falls from the sky- head down, mouth shut. Go win the gold cup.

Comment

Wait, Rapinoe's only 33? She looks like she's almost 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
          I feel like she's been on the team for 33 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
            ?

She looks like she's in her 30s. Maybe its the lighter hair, but she does not look anywhere near 40 let alone 50.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
              Why would they? No matter how many legitimate reasons are presented why the USWNT makes less, people complain. You can't win an emotional argument with facts. You are better off not saying anything and moving forward. Look at NBA players having to justify their salaries, while people like Skylar Diggins whine about theirs, even though there isn't a rational reason why a WNBA player should get paid the same salary as an NBA player.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

Why am I not shocked the world's shittiest accountant wouldn't understand simple economics. The USMNT gets to collect on World Cup money which is eons more on the men's side, because people actually watch that event. The men's team is garbage, but they get a cut of that cash, regardless of how mediocre they are. Never mind the fact that due to men's soccer being a product worth a damn, you actually have to make it worth these guys' while to play for the stars and stripes. The women on the other hand, this is literally the only event that people will watch of theirs, and everyone knows it. Oh, and did I mention that the women get an actual yearly salary? The men get paid per appearance, with a paltry minimum, compared to what one can make playing in Europe. The women are treated as full employees with all the benefits that entails. In other words, whether the women play a single game or not they are going to get paid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/s...equal-pay.html
                What does any of that have to do with accounting?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                  What does any of that have to do with accounting?

A competent accountant would understand WHY the USWNT makes less. In fact, anyone with a rudimentary understanding of economics would understand why. You consistently fall short in regards to economic knowledge, which is a significant part of being an accountant. I'd hope that my accountant would have a rudimentary understanding of economics, at worst.

Comment

A competent accountant would understand WHY the USWNT makes less. In fact, anyone with a rudimentary understanding of economics would understand why. You consistently fall short in regards to economic knowledge, which is a significant part of being an accountant. I'd hope that my accountant would have a rudimentary understanding of economics, at worst.
                    No, a competent accountant has nothing to do with the USWNT.

I'll give you $20 a month if that will calm you down.

Last edited by PBS; 06-24-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Sadly results mean fuckall when it comes to what someone is worth to the company they work for. You are worth what you bring in in revenue. Its the only rule that is true, no matter what business you are in. The ladies are clearly better than the men have ever been or ever will be...but until they bring in equal or more revenue than the men do in similar competitions, they will never get equal wages. Thats how the world works kids. Want to get paid, make yourself so valuable that what you bring in makes an actual fucking difference in the companies bottom line.

Comment

JTrain, are the women truly better? They get boatraced by teenage boys regularly. I'm willing to bet that the USMNT would demolish any U15 team they'd face. The women compete against trash, and are at a sizable advantage development wise. Call me once countries like Spain and others start pouring money into their women's programs.

Comment

JTrain, are the women truly better? They get boatraced by teenage boys regularly. I'm willing to bet that the USMNT would demolish any U15 team they'd face. The women compete against trash, and are at a sizable advantage development wise. Call me once countries like Spain and others start pouring money into their women's programs.
                          When I say the women are better, im not actually comparing them talent vs. talent against the mens team...Im saying the women have actually won world cups, are the #1 ranked team in the world and are already in the Quarterfinals of another world cup...compared to the men who have never won a world cup, failed to qualify for the last world cup, and are ranked 30th. I would never sit here and say the women could beat the men...but are they better than the mens team? Undoubtedly. Do they deserve equal pay? Not until I see something that proves they bring in equal or exceeding revenue than the mens team.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

When I say the women are better, im not actually comparing them talent vs. talent against the mens team...Im saying the women have actually won world cups, are the #1 ranked team in the world and are already in the Quarterfinals of another world cup...compared to the men who have never won a world cup, failed to qualify for the last world cup, and are ranked 30th. I would never sit here and say the women could beat the men...but are they better than the mens team? Undoubtedly. Do they deserve equal pay? Not until I see something that proves they bring in equal or exceeding revenue than the mens team.
                            The point I'm making is that merely beating mediocre trash shouldn't be used as justification of anything. It would be like someone saying "Hey, that guy beats up on bums, that means that he's better than a guy who is mediocre but fights people worth a damn." The women's product is bad, it's so bad that the best women's team on planet earth, can get consistently beaten by teenage boys, most of whom will grow up to be mediocre adult players, playing on the same USMNT squad that gets slapped around during the World Cup.

The sad part is that most people realize that the USWNT has a free ride right now, but as soon as the rest of the world puts any effort into their women's program, the US will be middle of the pack at best. It's a bunch of upper middle class women, who were able to develop in a system that wiped out most of the middle class kids. Good luck beating countries that do everything possible to get the best possible talent, regardless of where they come from. We see this same exact crap with the men's team.
                            Last edited by Canedude08; 06-24-2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Quarterfinal time. England vs Norway on now. England's already with an early 1-0 lead.

I wonder if PBS gets sad when he sees black English players.

Comment

2-0 Lionesses.

Norway looks fucking lost out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X