Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODT: The 2019 Baseball Thread

Opening Day is Thursday.

Some updates on prospects, looks like Eloy and Pete Alonso will be up on opening day.

Meanwhile the Reds who are trying to be competitive also *really* want that extra year of Senzel.

Comment

Originally posted by worldofx View Post
      Opening Day is Thursday.
      O's are tied for 1st!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Opening Day is Thursday.
        GDI, with Senzel, LOL.

Don't think Alonso is going to do much this season outside of hit for decent average.

Comment

Ian Happ sent down to AAA. Totally whiffed on his career.

On a related note this Cubs roster is looking kinda old and has a lot of soft spots. Probably going with Milwaukee to repeat.

Comment

Ian Happ sent down to AAA. Totally whiffed on his career.

On a related note this Cubs roster is looking kinda old and has a lot of soft spots. Probably going with Milwaukee to repeat.
            Man, he had SO much hype last year. Most of their core is still in its prime, but their pitching is super old. Interested to see if Baez repeats.

Comment

Without Salvy the Royals are even more screwed than they already were. It's gonna be an ugly year.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Man, he had SO much hype last year. Most of their core is still in its prime, but their pitching is super old. Interested to see if Baez repeats.

2/3rds of their outfield are glorified glove-only guys and Ben Zobrist is 38. All three are being counted on as every day regulars since their bench is atrocious, at least until Russell returns from his suspension.

They could really use Eloy and Gleyber right about now.

Comment

Mets-cano is old, but I hope he can hit for average and help out Rosario a lot. I don't feel great about the team staying healthy and the division has 3 other really strong teams, so I don't have high expectations. Just hoping the younger guys develop and pitching stays healthy.

Mariners-2-0 start not withstanding, the expectations are to continue to get good prospects(no more shit trades like the Paxton one), that Kelenic and Rodriguez have great seasons in the minors
                  Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 03-23-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                    O's are tied for 1st!

Thought you were a Mets fan?

Comment

Braves preseason coverage is the most insufferable stuff on earth. I swear the organization sends out talking points to all local media and they have to follow them or they'll be banned. It's endless hype of all the clean cut white boys with their stupid nicknames with the most optimistic predictions for everyone. Pretty much the whole roster is slated to have breakout years and ignore the rest of the league that actually did things in free agency....we signed Josh Donaldson and he might be able to play in games soon! Ohh, and we signed Nick Markakis back on a low ball deal because he's my age and doesn't want to move again. Catch the fever!

There's a radio promo on the flagship with the standard "I'm Jimmy Smith and you're listening to 680." Who does this promo? Not the budding face of the franchise whose hitting the cover off the ball? It's "Hi I'm Freddie Freeman....hi I'm Nick Markakis....I'm Josh Donaldson....I'm Brian McCann...I'm Mike Fultynewicz...I'm Dansby Swanson.....I'm Aiden Mayo."

No need to play this season folks. If the Braves play to their yearly potential MNC it's a Cy Young/MVP/World Series and it's OK we're owned by a nameless/faceless media conglomerate that couldn't care less about this team.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                        Braves preseason coverage is the most insufferable stuff on earth. I swear the organization sends out talking points to all local media and they have to follow them or they'll be banned. It's endless hype of all the clean cut white boys with their stupid nicknames with the most optimistic predictions for everyone. Pretty much the whole roster is slated to have breakout years and ignore the rest of the league that actually did things in free agency....we signed Josh Donaldson and he might be able to play in games soon! Ohh, and we signed Nick Markakis back on a low ball deal because he's my age and doesn't want to move again. Catch the fever!

There's a radio promo on the flagship with the standard "I'm Jimmy Smith and you're listening to 680." Who does this promo? Not the budding face of the franchise whose hitting the cover off the ball? It's "Hi I'm Freddie Freeman....hi I'm Nick Markakis....I'm Josh Donaldson....I'm Brian McCann...I'm Mike Fultynewicz...I'm Dansby Swanson.....I'm Aiden Mayo."

No need to play this season folks. If the Braves play to their yearly potential MNC it's a Cy Young/MVP/World Series and it's OK we're owned by a nameless/faceless media conglomerate that couldn't care less about this team.
                        Markakis once gave me an autograph for my nephew, Camden and spelled his name wrong. How he didn't know the spelling of the very ballpark he played in baffles me to this day.

I loved him though and miss him.

Comment

We beat Michigan in baseball. Now we going to try to do it in Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                            We beat Michigan in baseball. Now we going to try to do it in Basketball.
                            Two of the 3 best teams in the tournament so far IMO. Should be a hell of a game. TT needs to disrupt Michigan and then get to the foul line on offense.

Comment

How does it feel to have the Mariners be infinitely better than any other team at this point.

Suck it, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X