Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hamp View Post
    Question for Iowa fans:

Is it common for your band/fans to sing other teams chants to irritate the team you're playing? Your band/fans were singing sweet home Alabama, yelling roll tide, doing the Florida Chomp, and for some reason chanting Coconut Shrimp during free throws? Little fucking weird.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Whatever they did, it damn near worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Whatever they did, it damn near worked.
      Yeah, I'm not arguing with the biggest comeback in Tournament history...

Comment

Question for Iowa fans:

Is it common for your band/fans to sing other teams chants to irritate the team you're playing? Your band/fans were singing sweet home Alabama, yelling roll tide, doing the Florida Chomp, and for some reason chanting Coconut Shrimp during free throws? Little fucking weird.

Best pep band in America? George Mason. My friend is the director. I played with him in dozens of gigs. He’s a kick ass tuba player. Dresses like a pimp for the pep band shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg Duke played KU in a Shakespearean epic and lost. *Sports networks talk about the game for 45 mins.* Anyway that is our show btw Texas Tech lost to Villanova as well today in the Elite 8.

Omg Duke played UCF in a Shakespearean epic of a game and won. *Sports networks talk about the game for 45 mins.* Anyway that is our show btw Texas Tech beat Buffalo as well today to go to the Sweet 16.

Have to hope Duke loses or we win and meet them in the FF just to get some media attention when we play on the same day.
          Last edited by TTURedRaider; 03-25-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Omg Duke played KU in a Shakespearean epic and lost. *Sports networks talk about the game for 45 mins.* Anyway that is our show btw Texas Tech lost to Villanova as well today in the Elite 8.

Omg Duke played UCF in a Shakespearean epic of a game and won. *Sports networks talk about the game for 45 mins.* Anyway that is our show btw Texas Tech beat Buffalo as well today to go to the Sweet 16.
            Maybe that's because the Duke games were actually close and entertaining?

I'm sorry if the tournament favorites nearly falling on two good, close late shots by a huge underdog with a grand total of one tournament win on their resume might garner a little more attention than a 20 point rout of a mid-major that ran out of gas. But good god this is a bad take.

Comment

Have to hope Duke loses or we win and meet them in the FF just to get some media attention when we play on the same day.
              Huh. You never struck me as the petulant type.

Comment

Dude. Watching the talking heads, VT will be lucky to keep it within 30 Friday night. That’s assuming they even acknowledge our existence.

The almighty Zion is unstoppable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Dude. Watching the talking heads, VT will be lucky to keep it within 30 Friday night. That’s assuming they even acknowledge our existence.

Yeah. That’s why I don’t give a shit about what they say. It’s going to be a tough game.

Comment

Question for Iowa fans:

I really hope that's Outback Bowl related

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyle View Post

I really hope that's Outback Bowl related
                      A noon Iowa vs. Tennessee game really did have an Outback Bowl vibe about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Huh. You never struck me as the petulant type.
                        I can be petulant and churlish. I am large, I contain multitudes. To be a TTU fan is to have a chip on your shoulder.

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Good luck, Tech Bro. We fouled out Zion by taking charges and held them under 70... so it can be done. But you need to limit your turnovers which is hard especially with Tre Jones ball pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

A noon Iowa vs. Tennessee game really did have an Outback Bowl vibe about it.
                          Check out @barstoolsports’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/s...598760960?s=09

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

Yeah, I'm not arguing with the biggest comeback in Tournament history...
                            It's only a comeback if you win.

Comment

It's only a comeback if you win.

So how you feeling about the game vs Purdue?

Comment

• Texas Tech vs Michigan

Any thoughts? I know what I would like to see happen.

We are going to have to play our best game of the season and value every possession. Mooney and Culver are going to have to limit their turnovers. Odiase is going to need to play the way he did vs Buffalo. They are going to try and shut down Culver which means other guys have to step up and hit shots. They seem to only really play 6 or 7 guys though so if we could someway get their starters in foul trouble that would be helpful.

I hope Tech fans made it out to Anaheim but I fear the Michigan fans will badly outnumber us.

Comment

Working...
                                X