Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic goes Esports

Wasn't sure to put this in the stadium (where most LoL threads have gone) or video games. But either way, pretty cool news tonight with Magic: the Gathering announcing a $10 million prize pool for 2019 events and really pushing forward their new Arena program into the venue of esports.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/competitive-magic

Its inspired me to go do a draft right now

Just a warning, the trailer video is ungodly cheezy.. And holy shit does Lord Garfield look old.
    Last edited by Pollaski; 12-07-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Out of the bookstore basement and into high school gymnasiums. Glad to see this sport getting the recognition it deserves.

Comment

Is that what magic is really like?

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
          Is that what magic is really like?
          Mercifully, I wouldn't know.

Comment

If you are actually interested in checking it out, this is what the game is like:

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
              If you are actually interested in checking it out, this is what the game is like:

That didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

That didn't help.
                Its pretty simple bud. You draw cards. Cards cost mana to play/put onto the board. The goal is to hit your opponent until their health (which starts at 20) is down to 0. Of course, if you watched the video, that would have been clear.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Its pretty simple bud. You draw cards. Cards cost mana to play/put onto the board. The goal is to hit your opponent until their health (which starts at 20) is down to 0. Of course, if you watched the video, that would have been clear.

I watched about half of it. I played a little D&D back in the day. I get it but nothing in the video made it sound interesting.

Comment

I watched about half of it. I played a little D&D back in the day. I get it but nothing in the video made it sound interesting.
                    Thats fair. It was more or less just a simplified look at how the game is played. I played some when I was a youngin'. Same with D&D.

Comment

The Spellslingers videos, at least the ones I've seen, have involved some pretty boring decks and are mostly casual level, fun to play, but not as much to watch.

Tournament level stuff, however, can get pretty exciting, especially when someone really has to dig for it.

The spring pro tour was pretty cool- the final match had a guy basically go from completely desperate to winning out of nowhere when he drew a dragon on his final turn.

Comment

World Cup is this weekend. US barely made it to the second day at 4-3. Biggest surprises were Italy and Peru advancing with a perfect 4-0.

It'll run about Mdinight-10 pacific tonight (day two pool play), and Midnight-10 pacific tomorrow (top 8 playoffs). Watchable on Twitch.

Comment

Working...
                        X