Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 25 Games of Week 3

After a fairly soft week (that still saw some pretty good action), things kick back up a notch for the third week.

#25: Arkansas State (1-1) vs Tulsa (1-1)
    Surprised these two teams haven't met more (5th meeting), due to their close proximity. Anyways, should be a close game, and a good measure of the Sun Belt's power.

#24: BYU (1-1) vs. #6 Wisconsin (2-0)
    The Badgers have started pretty slow this season, and BYU's got a good enough defense to give them issues if they can't get going.

#23: Ohio (1-0) vs Virginia (1-1)
    Frank Solich's teams are never easy outs, and UVA probably really needs this one if they hope to get to six wins, especially after coming up short against Indiana last week.

#22: Fresno State (1-1) vs UCLA (0-2)
    After a heartbreaker against Minnesota, Fresno gets a treat- a chance to show up an in-state power conference team in a reeling Bruins squad.

#21: Eastern Michigan (2-0) vs Buffalo (2-0)
    Two undefeated powerhouses with big Week 2 wins under their belts fighting for first place in the MAC East? Sign me up!

#20: Marshall (2-0) vs South Carolina (1-1)
    The Gamecocks are reeling after a beatdown courtesy of Georgia. Marshall's one of the last teams you want to face while reeling.

#19: Troy (1-1) vs Nebraska (0-1)
    Scott Frost's debut was wrecked by the Buffaloes. Now the men of Troy come in to repeat the misery. Ask LSU what happens if you're not up to the task.

#18: #25 Duke (2-0) vs Baylor (2-0)
    THe Blue Devils are going to have to overcome some injury issues, but they're rolling after upending NOrthwestern. Meanwhile its time to see just how much Baylor's improved.

#17: Missouri (2-0) vs Purdue (0-2)
    Purdue's found really amazing ways to blow its last two games with stupid defensive penalties. Do they find a way to three-peat, or do they turn it around against Mizzou?

#16: Arizona State (2-0) vs San Diego State (1-1)
    The Sun Devils are truly on an upswing after a massive grind-out win against Michigan State. Now they look to follow up by heading into one of the West Coast's tougher mid-major venues for a date with the Aztecs.

#15: Georgia Tech (1-1) vs Pittsburgh (1-1)
    ACC play begins in earnest for these two Coastal teams coming off fairly disappointing Week 2 performances. Which one gets to turn it around and get a leg up in what should prove to be a rugged division?

#14: #21 Miami-FL (1-1) vs Toledo (1-0)
    The Hurricanes head north to the dreaded Glass Bowl (which has barely any glass in it) for a rare power conference road trip to the MAC powerhouse.

#13: North Texas (2-0) vs Arkansas (1-1)
    The Razorback's trip to Colorado State ended in disaster. Now they have to come home to a very game North Texas team that's more than capable of testing their questionable defense.

#12: Vanderbilt (2-0) vs #10 Notre Dame (2-0)
    The Irish will have to put a very pedestrian performance agaisnt Ball State behind them as they prepare to face Vanderbilt and its (usually) formidable defense.

#11: Florida State (1-1) vs Syracuse (2-0)
    The Carrier Dome is a tough place to play for good teams with Dino Babers captaining the Orange. Florida State hasn't shown itself to be a particularly good team, yet.

#10: #5 Oklahoma (2-0) vs Iowa State (0-1)
    Surely this couldn't possibly happen two years in a- oh no you don't, college football. I'm not falling for that again.

#9: Houston (2-0) vs Texas Tech (1-1)
    The O/U is only 70? Yeah, I'd take the over.

#8: #1 Alabama (2-0) vs Ole Miss (2-0)
    The Rebels have been as effective as any team over the past few years in tripping up the Tide. But the days of the LandSharks seem to be long gone. Can Ole Miss rely on its high powered offense to break through?

#7: #22 USC (1-1) vs Texas (1-1)
    Last year's game proved surprisingly close, with the Longhorns forcing the Trojans into overtime. With USC reeling after an offensive stagnation against Stanford, is the door open for Texas to crack through this time?

#6: #17 West Virginia (2-0) vs NC State (2-0)
    WVU's quietly rolled out to an impressive start, but the difficulty ramps up considerably when they head to Raleigh to tangle with a Wolfpack team that's always ready to spring an upset.

#5: Boston College (2-0) vs Wake Forest (2-0)
    Long regarded as the bottom feeders of the Atlantic division, both of these teams have undergone fairly substantial renaissances in the past couple years, including vast increased competence on offense. With Florida State struggling and Louisville on the decline, the winner here might actually emerge as Clemson's strongest competitor in the division.

#4: #11 Washington (1-1) vs Utah (2-0)
    The Huskies straight up robbed the Utes of a win last year, and needed a miracle Dante Pettis punt return to survive the year before. Utah will be hot for revenge, and SLC is never an easy place to play in.

#3: #4 Ohio State (2-0) vs #15 TCU (2-0)
    Its been 45 years since these two teams have met, and back then, TCU was a Southwest Conference bottom feeder. Now, TCU is riding at the front of the Big 12 and can make a massive signature statement by knocking off the Big Ten's flagship program.

#2: #16 Boise State (2-0) vs #19 Oklahoma State (2-0)
    Seriously, I had no idea how badly the universe needed this game to happen until I saw it on the schedule. Whatever you do, don't blink.

GAME OF THE WEEK
    #12 LSU (2-0) vs #7 Auburn (2-0)

Both teams made strong statements with Week 1 wins, and both teams have unanswered questions about their offenses and formidable defense. Throw in the fact that the Tiger Bowl almost always finds a way to get crazy, and there's no doubt that This is the Game of the Week.

EDIT: Never mind. They're monitoring the situation for all six games that could be affected by the hurricane, and will post information as it develops.
    Last edited by Pollaski; 09-11-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

My Top 10 Games I will be watching/tracking outside of my team and my conference (in no particular order):

#18 Central Florida @ North Carolina
      #16 Mississippi State vs Louisiana Lafayette
      #12 Louisiana State @ #7 Auburn
      #10 Washington @ Utah
      #8 Notre Dame vs Vanderbilt
      #6 Wisconsin vs Brigham Young
      #3 Georgia vs Middle Tennessee
      #1 Alabama @ Mississippi
      Missouri @ Purdue
      Fresno State @ UCLA

Comment

Sorry, FSU and game of the week do not belong in the same thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
          Sorry, FSU and game of the week do not belong in the same thought process.
          They're not game of the week. They're the 11th best game of the week (10th thanks to Florence). They were never considered for the top.

Comment

Working...
          X