Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska

Strengths:

There is talent there, and apparently whom some feel is a good coach even though he is a douche.

Weaknesses:
    First year, new system, new defense, etc..... Of course that plays to a little advantage as teams can throw scouting tape out the window and look at UCF tape.

Best Player:
    Tough to say, many are enamored by a freshman QB Adraen Martinez, I like the WR JD Spielman....

Best Incoming Player:
    Adrian Marinez

Season Outlook:
    No idea, they line up and play Colorado early but nothing tough until conference play. Frost's offense could crash and burn against the B1G. That should be something to watch this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
      Nebraska

Strengths:

There is talent there, and apparently whom some feel is a good coach even though he is a douche.

Weaknesses:
      First year, new system, new defense, etc..... Of course that plays to a little advantage as teams can throw scouting tape out the window and look at UCF tape.

Best Player:
      Tough to say, many are enamored by a freshman QB Adraen Martinez, I like the WR JD Spielman....

Best Incoming Player:
      Adrian Marinez

Season Outlook:
      No idea, they line up and play Colorado early but nothing tough until conference play. Frost's offense could crash and burn against the B1G. That should be something to watch this year.
      Is Adrian related to Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

Is Adrian related to Taylor?
        I don't know, but he is from California so I'm guessing that he is. He had 200 yards and 3 td's in the Spring game as true freshman.

Granted, Nebraska's defense sucks....

https://3newsnow.com/omahasportsinsi...drian-martinez

Comment

I think if Auburn can establish the run and play good defense they can win some games.

Comment

Kansas State:
            Last season went 8-5 (5-4) ,tied for 4th in conference and with bowl win over UCLA. Losses were to Vanderbilt (14-7), Texas (40-34, 2OT), Texas Christian (26-6), Oklahoma (42-35), and West Virginia (28-23). All close games except loss to TCU.

Schedule:
            South Dakota
            Mississippi State
            Texas San Antonio
            @ West Virginia
            Texas
            @ Baylor
            Oklahoma State
            @ Oklahoma
            @ Texas Christian
            Kansas
            Texas Tech
            @ Iowa State

Strengths:
            - Coach Bill Snyder
            - Return entire offensive line, all three running backs (Barnes, Silmon and McCoy), two of three quarterbacks (Delton and Thompson), and two of four primary receivers (Schoen and Harris).
            - Defensive Backs

Weakness:
            - Defensive front seven. Lots of new replacements especially with key losses of DJ Reed, Will Geary, Jayd Kirby, Trent Tanking and Elijah Lee.
            - Lost OC Dana Dimel.

Season Outlook:
            With various pre-season rankings of Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Christian and Texas.....should be an interesting season. I think KSU will win out at home. Best chance for a home loss would be Oklahoma State - however, they could struggle against Mississippi State and Texas early on in those games. The road games look to be much tougher slate with both OU and TCU as the toughest opponents. Even WVU has been ranked in a couple of preseason polls as well and Iowa State is improving every season. I feel confident (sadly) that they will lose to both OU and TCU on the road. Should be Baylor on road. Iowa State and West Virginia will be toss ups as these games have always been close regardless of venue. Since 2012,even though KSU is 6-0 vs ISU, all but 1 game was decided by less than 6 points. As for WVU; they are 4-2 against the Mountaineers with all but two games decided by less than 6 points - and WVU has won the last 2 games by a combined 6 points. And Lets be honest, KSU is not known for playing well on the road.

Prediction:
            Best Case: 10-2 with losses @ Oklahoma and @ Texas Christian. I just don't see them beating these two teams on the road, but if anyone could in the B12, it would be Snyder.
            Worst Case: 7-5 with additional losses to Oklahoma State, Mississippi State and either @ West Virginia or @ Iowa State (won't lose both games).
            My Prediction: 9-3 (6-3).

Key Games:
            Sat, Sep 08 - Mississippi State (will tell us how good they are early in the season - lose this game at home - not going to be a good season probably).
            Sat, Sep 22 - @ West Virginia (B12 home opener - will tell us how they will fare on the road against a decent team - win this game - should do well in B12).
            If they win both of these games, should make for an interesting match up for the Oklahoma and Texas Christian games and they should go 10-2 at worst. Lose these two games and they are probably looking at a 7-5 season.

Comment

Originally posted by GENO View Post
              Kansas State:
              Last season went 8-5 (5-4) ,tied for 4th in conference and with bowl win over UCLA. Losses were to Vanderbilt (14-7), Texas (40-34, 2OT), Texas Christian (26-6), Oklahoma (42-35), and West Virginia (28-23). All close games except loss to TCU.

Schedule:
              South Dakota
              Mississippi State
              Texas San Antonio
              @ West Virginia
              Texas
              @ Baylor
              Oklahoma State
              @ Oklahoma
              @ Texas Christian
              Kansas
              Texas Tech
              @ Iowa State

Strengths:
              - Coach Bill Snyder
              - Return entire offensive line, all three running backs (Barnes, Silmon and McCoy), two of three quarterbacks (Delton and Thompson), and two of four primary receivers (Schoen and Harris).
              - Defensive Backs

Weakness:
              - Defensive front seven. Lots of new replacements especially with key losses of DJ Reed, Will Geary, Jayd Kirby, Trent Tanking and Elijah Lee.
              - Lost OC Dana Dimel.

Season Outlook:
              With various pre-season rankings of Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Christian and Texas.....should be an interesting season. I think KSU will win out at home. Best chance for a home loss would be Oklahoma State - however, they could struggle against Mississippi State and Texas early on in those games. The road games look to be much tougher slate with both OU and TCU as the toughest opponents. Even WVU has been ranked in a couple of preseason polls as well and Iowa State is improving every season. I feel confident (sadly) that they will lose to both OU and TCU on the road. Should be Baylor on road. Iowa State and West Virginia will be toss ups as these games have always been close regardless of venue. Since 2012,even though KSU is 6-0 vs ISU, all but 1 game was decided by less than 6 points. As for WVU; they are 4-2 against the Mountaineers with all but two games decided by less than 6 points - and WVU has won the last 2 games by a combined 6 points. And Lets be honest, KSU is not known for playing well on the road.

Prediction:
              Best Case: 10-2 with losses @ Oklahoma and @ Texas Christian. I just don't see them beating these two teams on the road, but if anyone could in the B12, it would be Snyder.
              Worst Case: 7-5 with additional losses to Oklahoma State, Mississippi State and either @ West Virginia or @ Iowa State (won't lose both games).
              My Prediction: 9-3 (6-3).

Key Games:
              Sat, Sep 08 - Mississippi State (will tell us how good they are early in the season - lose this game at home - not going to be a good season probably).
              Sat, Sep 22 - @ West Virginia (B12 home opener - will tell us how they will fare on the road against a decent team - win this game - should do well in B12).
              If they win both of these games, should make for an interesting match up for the Oklahoma and Texas Christian games and they should go 10-2 at worst. Lose these two games and they are probably looking at a 7-5 season.

I think your outlook is very reasonable.

I am intrigued by the Miss State game above all else. I do hate that you have 3 of your 4 toughest conference games on the road. WVU is a surprise team for me this year. Maybe coach Dana gets it right. Of course they usually start strong and implode...so I could see WVU beating KSU early, but KSU being the better team after week 7 or so.

For now I'm going to say 8-4, but I think 10 wins is certainly within reason. But games 4,5,7,8,9 is a brutal stretch...and going to Baylor during the middle of that? Ugh.

Comment

Oregon Ducks (July Outlook)

Strengths: QB, O-Line experience, Linebacker
                Weaknesses: DB, D-line depth, WR
                Best Player: Troy Dye (MLB)
                Best incoming player: Tabari Hines (WR)/Transfer from Wake Forest

Season outlook: 9+ wins or bust. We have 3 OOC wins for free, so going 6-3 in conference is where we need to be at minimum. Cristobal and the OC didn't exactly inspire confidence with that effort against Boise State, but there was a lot going on behind the scenes with the Snake leaving. Cristobal is doing well in recruiting and it does seem like he's a good program manager, despite possibly being a moron of a game manager(yet to be seen). Most of the coaches are actually the same as last season and we have a 3rd year returning QB and an experienced O-Line.

We're switching to a lot more pistol on offense, so that's going to be an interesting transition. My big worry with Cristobal is on offense and being explosive and dynamic like Oregon is known for. The defensive side, as long as Leavitt is the DC, I'm not worried, outside of teams with good outside WR's and if we have injuries up front(recruiting whiffs here).
                a key game or 2.

Key Games: Washington and Stanford at home. Until we start beating them again, we're never going to get past 3rd in the North. The @Arizona, @Utah games will also be tough. Should expect to win at least half of those listed 4 games to meet expectations.

Comment

We will beat everyone by at least three scores and lose to the Citadel prompting Nick Saban's immediate resignation and Joe Kines' reinstatement as interim HC for the Auburn game and the Liberty or Independence Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                    Season Outlook: We had better beat fucking Kentucky this year
                    I guess I can do a real one

Strengths:
                    Wide receiver is the best group we have. Deebo Samuel was as good as any player in the country before he got hurt last year, so having him back is a big plus. The pass rush should be good. The turnover margin was nice last year, so hopefully that continues.

Weaknesses:
                    It might be the offensive line, which is scary. The run game isn't especially exciting, and I don't think the OL helped at all. Jake Bentley is the wildcard in that he can either be a strength or a weakness. I just wish he would learn how and when to throw the ball away. Took way too many losses last year.

Best Player:
                    Samuel, and it's not close. He's an elite player in the country.

Best Incoming Player:
                    I'm hoping it's an offensive lineman, like Dylan Wonnum. DT Rick Sandidge is our highest-ranked newcomer.

Season Outlook:
                    I have no idea what to make of this team, because last year was so fluky and weird. The schedule sets up for them to win, like, nine games and earn a nice bowl bid, but I have no idea if they're that good. I'll say 7-5, because there's going to be at least one shitty letdown game. Tennessee and Florida can't keep being complete pieces of shit, right?

Key Game or 2:
                    @ Kentucky. Seriously. How in the fuck do we keep losing to Kentucky?

Comment

Florida State University

Strengths: Offense and special teams will be much improved with the return of Patrick, Murry, Eberle, and Aguayo

Weaknesses
                      Replacing Josh Sweat, Derrick Nnad,i Tarvarus McFadden, Derwin James, and Thomas. Our D is untested, but talented

Best Player:
                      Toss up between Cam Akers and Nyqwan Murry

Best Incoming Player:
                      Looking for a trio of DB's and a couple DE's to stand out, but nothing yet.

Season Outlook:
                      The Big unknown. Only returning 12 starters, new coach, QB issues. Big games away this season could be tricky, but Clemson at home will be nice.

Key Game or 2:
                      Clearly, your first game can set the season pace, so naturally a victory over Vatech in the opener would be huge. But at Miami in week 6 will show us if we are a middle pack ACC team? Or an ACC championship contender.

Comment

Working...
                      X