Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Big Ten be legit in 2018?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
    Sounds like when the Big XII was formed. We need to make sure Texas and Oklahoma play each other.

    5 years later....... Damnit, why are all the good teams in the south?
    Bill Snyder and Tom Osborne retired.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DPR View Post

      Wasn't the East formed the way it is due to Michigan and Ohio State not wanting to play each other in consecutive games?

      It guarantees that once you win the East you don't have to play another team in the East in the CG. Imagine Michigan going 12-0, beating OSU and then having to play an 11-1 OSU again in the CG and losing and getting put in the Outback again while PSU/Wisky/Iowa etc all slide up.
      Its a good thing something like this has never, ever happened.

      Right, ibleed ?

      Although there's no way in hell a 12-1 big ten team ends up in the Outback bowl.
      Last edited by Pollaski; 06-13-2018, 11:39 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

        Its a good thing something like this has never, ever happened.

        Right, ibleed ?

        Although there's no way in hell a 12-1 big ten team ends up in the Outback bowl.
        It is a potential pitfall of a divisional/CCG format.

        OU beat TCU then had to play them again 3 weeks later just last season. Could have potentially cost OU.

        2001 Tennessee beat LSU then played them again in the SECCG and lost to LSU. Cost Tennessee a spot in the title game.

        Auburn/UGA last year. Auburn beats both Georgia and Alabama.... but loses to UGA in the rematch two weeks after beating them, and Auburn gets to watch both of them play each other for the title.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ibleed View Post

          It is a potential pitfall of a divisional/CCG format.

          OU beat TCU then had to play them again 3 weeks later just last season. Could have potentially cost OU.

          2001 Tennessee beat LSU then played them again in the SECCG and lost to LSU. Cost Tennessee a spot in the title game.

          Auburn/UGA last year. Auburn beats both Georgia and Alabama.... but loses to UGA in the rematch two weeks after beating them, and Auburn gets to watch both of them play each other for the title.
          You seem to be forgetting one. Might not be exact, but similar situation.

          Can't recall when. Like 2011 or so.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

            You seem to be forgetting one. Might not be exact, but similar situation.

            Can't recall when. Like 2011 or so.
            I have no idea what you are talking about

            #hidethepain

            Comment


            • #21
              Michigan's entire season rests on Patterson.

              Anywhere from 7-5 to 11-1 is possible.

              Comment


              • #22
                Yeah I've got Nebraska going anywhere from winless to National Champions.

                Comment


                • #23
                  10-2. I like that DLine.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X