Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron James Is The MVP

There are simply no arguments to be made that Harden or Westbrook should get it over Bron. The media has lied to everyone for years now...LeBron not being in the Top 3 may be the biggest sham in sports awards. He is the best player in the history of the league, he is the best player in the world right now. He is the MVP.

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    There are simply no arguments to be made that Harden or Westbrook should get it over Bron. The media has lied to everyone for years now...LeBron not being in the Top 3 may be the biggest sham in sports awards. He is the best player in the history of the league, he is the best player in the world right now. He is the MVP.

Still #2. If he beats this Dubs team then we'll revisit.

Comment

Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Still #2. If he beats this Dubs team then we'll revisit.
      Nope. MJ has no claim. MJ won more titles, LeBron is better at everything.

Comment

He's the best forward of all time. That's as far as I'll go. But I'm not gonna cuss anyone out who says LeBron is the Goat. I'm gonna shake my head or roll my eyes ..... but I won't cuss you out anymore.

Comment

The Cavs are going to beat the Warriors in 5, possibly 4.

Comment

What makes me laugh about this debate is the Jordan guys always bring it back to "he went 6 for 6 in the Finals!" and then disregard the fact that Bill Russell won 11 rings in 13 years. In fact, there are 9 players who won more rings than Jordan did...so if rings is the argument, you lose...and rings is the only argument you have when it comes to LeBron v. Jordan.

Some of you never actually saw Jordan in his prime, and therefor really cannot comment on just how good he was or wasnt. Jordan was great, LeBron is the greatest thats ever played. The overall skill level is insanely scaled to LeBron. Hes faster, stronger, bigger, smarter. better passer, better driver, better finisher, better rim protector, better teammate...the only thing Jordan did consistently better is shoot the jump shot. Bron is going to finish ahead of Jordan in every major statistical category.

Knowing that, you have to change the narrative, change how we judge a player. Lets talk about those pesky rings. Jordan didn't win a ring until his 7th year in the league (obviously his first time making the Finals as well)...he was 28 years old. LeBron made it to the Finals 4 years into his career with a collection of nothings...he was 22. He won his first ring at 27 years old...hes been to the Finals every single year since 2011...Jordan quit basketball, failed at baseball...came back and then promptly lost to Orlando...thats right, people love to leave out the fact that he played in that playoff series against Orlando that they lost.

Point is, Jordan wasn't undefeated in the playoffs. It took him 7 years just to get to the Finals. He won 6 rings, no one will take that away from him. But he wasn't as consistently great as LeBron has been, nor was he ever a better overall basketball player.

Comment

You had me up until you said best player in history. And trust me, I saw Jordan in his prime. Better teammate? Didn't Lebron quit in the playoffs one year? You think Jordan ever quit in a game? Even the most ardant, homeriffic Cleveland fan knows Jordan had that killer instinct and competitive edge that Lebron lacks.

As to finishing ahead of every statistical category, that's going to happen when you play more games. ESPN ran a typical sucking off Lebron story on how he is going to pass MJ in total points scored in the playoffs. Funny thing is, their graphic showed the amount of playoff games played. Want to guess how many more games Lebron has played and still hasn't passed him yet? If you guessed 30, you are correct.

While true that Lebron won his first title at the age of 27 and Jordan was 28, it took Lebron 2 extra seasons in the league to do it. Most LeBron fans are too young to remember the league back in the 80's and 90's where it was vastly more competitive and players were actually allowed to play defense.

You do have to give LeBron credit for doing things Jordan never did. Like get swept in the finals, quitting in the playoffs, having a teammate bang your mom. lose not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 times in the finals as well as some others.

Look, Just like MJ, there is an argument LeBron should be the MVP every year. He is head and shoulders better than everyone else. But best in History? We will agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

If LeBron had gone to college, he definitely would have gone to Duke, because he flops like a bitch.

Comment

Put prime Jordan on this years Nets team, they barely make the playoffs.

Put prime LeBron on this years Nets team, they waltz to the Finals.

Comment

The narrative will always shift to discredit whoever is challenging MJ's throne, because he has an entire generation, if not more, of people who absolutely will not allow it to happen. The argument will always change, just to ensure that it's still MJ. That's why people had/have to just trash Kobe/LeBron/anyone else who's been labeled the heir apparent instead of just enjoying them as players. The MJ fan may be the most defensive of all sports fans.

Comment

LeBron won't do the dunk tournament because he's a snowflake pussy that's afraid of losing.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                        LeBron won't do the dunk tournament because he's a snowflake pussy that's afraid of losing.
                        He'd flop on his way to the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

He'd flop on his way to the rim.
                          They'd blow the whistle and call a foul on the rim.

Comment

I love how this discussion is never prefaced with a look at how the game has completely changed between the two gernerations.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                              I love how this discussion is never prefaced with a look at how the game has completely changed between the two gernerations.
                              1. What the fuck is a gerneration?

And the answer to your question, is because thats a given. We are on a sports message board, it should be common knowledge that the game in the 80s/90s was a rougher game. If you want to make that the basis of a Jordan > LeBron argument, thats fine, but in the end there is no way to prove that more fouling = Jordan was better.

With poster Triplethreat I understand the argument. Any Chicago fan SHOULD feel that Jordan is the GOAT. LeBron is going to finish with more numbers than Jordan in every major category...hes going to more Finals than Jordan, and hes going to play more seasons than Jordan did, meaning he was consistently great for a longer period of time.

If rings is the only argument, Russell is the GOAT, and it isn't close.

Comment

Working...
                              X