Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODT: 2017 NFL Draft

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

    There's no logical reason for him to be linked to the first round. He's not an every-down back, unless a team changes their offense to flex him around like Stanford. The people saying "Oh, he had 20-plus carries a game in college" are ignoring the difference in collegiate defenses and NFL defenses. They're also ignoring the fact most his runs were to the edge or outside, even though some metrics have been skewed to show his edge runs as "between the tackles", even though it's a major stretch of the meaning.

    If Jax takes Fournette, it comes down to Cook and McCaffrey...Somehow Cook's character concerns didn't exist until this process started. if there were concerns in college, they sure weren't too big a deal, 'cause it wasn't discussed until the draft process, and really didn't gain steam until after the Combine. It's the same crap every single season.

    Lesbihonest here...

    The Panthers are probably drafting a DL or QB at 8.

    I disagree with the part about him rarely running between the tackles, but regardless whoever drafts him isn't doing so to be an every-down back. The main attraction towards McCaffrey is he can be a league average early-down back that's also going to bail your QB out on 3rd downs because he's great on checkdowns and option routes (Stanford barely scratched the surface on this part of his game) and you can flex him wide whenever you want, he'll get open against LBs at will and he'll always make the right decision on option routes. There's certainly an argument that what McCaffrey brings to the table is more valuable in the modern NFL than Fournette or Cook's more traditional skillset.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ibleed View Post

      That cat also said Charlie Strong to LSU

      That should make you feel better Fresneck
      Yeah...that guy was being fed stuff from Strong's agent.

      I will say this about Ben: his NFL prognostications are typically more accurate than his coaching carousel stuff.

      Comment


      • The Saints aren't making a deal with NE for Malcolm Butler. The Saints emerged victorious out of that.


        Which firmly reinforces my prediction that the Saints will end up with OJ Howard. It's the 3rd Law of Saints: For every smart move, there is an (at least) equal and opposite dumbass move.

        Comment


        • Jabril Peppers testing positive for a diluted sample. Peppers claims he was sick and drank a lot.

          Obviously not a smoking gun or anything, but it'll be interesting if it makes anyone think twice.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
            Jabril Peppers testing positive for a diluted sample. Peppers claims he was sick and drank a lot.

            Obviously not a smoking gun or anything, but it'll be interesting if it makes anyone think twice.

            Could save some poor team from drafting him in Round 1.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by worldofx View Post


              I disagree with the part about him rarely running between the tackles, but regardless whoever drafts him isn't doing so to be an every-down back. The main attraction towards McCaffrey is he can be a league average early-down back that's also going to bail your QB out on 3rd downs because he's great on checkdowns and option routes (Stanford barely scratched the surface on this part of his game) and you can flex him wide whenever you want, he'll get open against LBs at will and he'll always make the right decision on option routes. There's certainly an argument that what McCaffrey brings to the table is more valuable in the modern NFL than Fournette or Cook's more traditional skillset.
              Very solid post, I agree with this 100%. McCaffrey could end up being the most productive player of the draft if he's utilized properly.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by worldofx View Post


                I disagree with the part about him rarely running between the tackles, but regardless whoever drafts him isn't doing so to be an every-down back. The main attraction towards McCaffrey is he can be a league average early-down back that's also going to bail your QB out on 3rd downs because he's great on checkdowns and option routes (Stanford barely scratched the surface on this part of his game) and you can flex him wide whenever you want, he'll get open against LBs at will and he'll always make the right decision on option routes. There's certainly an argument that what McCaffrey brings to the table is more valuable in the modern NFL than Fournette or Cook's more traditional skillset.
                So, he is the antithesis and adds zero value to the power running game...I already said that. He's not that good between the tackles - except when he's running through those 10-foot holes, and if I said "barely", let's not get lost in the hyperbole...His credit for power running - between the tackles - is massively over-hyped by far too many.

                Comment


                • Albright's mock.

                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true

                  Comment


                  • All of a sudden there's McCaffrey to the Chargers at 7 buzz. md21

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                      All of a sudden there's McCaffrey to the Chargers at 7 buzz. md21
                      You must be high off your ass if you think i give a shit about the NFL or the NFL draft or the Chargers anymore.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                        All of a sudden there's McCaffrey to the Chargers at 7 BUZZZZZZZZZ. md21
                        Wait a second...... what McCafferey brother went to Virginia Tech?

                        Comment


                        • If the Browns take Trubisky at #1 overall, I swear to God, that every single piece of copier paper in this town is going to have the F-word on it. The F-Word. They have one day.

                          Comment


                          • Waldo, lots of smoke with your Niners and Jamal Adams on the Twitter tonight.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gulfcoastbiased View Post
                              Waldo, lots of smoke with your Niners and Jamal Adams on the Twitter tonight.



                              Of course if these new Trubisky rumors are true I'm perfectly fine with Garrett falling into our lap.

                              Comment


                              • Fresneck will love this one..LMFAO

                                http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-pa...r-for-panthers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X