Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do Russell Wilson and Nick Foles rank among NFL QB's?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell Wilson wasn’t a top 5 QB at the time of this thread, but he certainly is now. I always thought he would be a really good-not-great player, but last season changed my mind. For those of you who are blissfully unaware, he had the best TD/INT ratio of his career last season despite taking more sacks than he ever has. The “product of the situation he’s in” argument has been completely debunked, dude can play.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
      Russell Wilson wasn’t a top 5 QB at the time of this thread, but he certainly is now. I always thought he would be a really good-not-great player, but last season changed my mind. For those of you who are blissfully unaware, he had the best TD/INT ratio of his career last season despite taking more sacks than he ever has. The “product of the situation he’s in” argument has been completely debunked, dude can play.
      There is only one spot left in the Top 5.....and there can be made far better cases for Rivers or E. Manning over Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by GENO View Post

There is only one spot left in the Top 5.....and there can be made far better cases for Rivers or E. Manning over Wilson.
        Geno, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Geno, shut the fuck up.
          Don't hate the results kid.

Comment

Don't hate the results kid.
            What results? Being a bottom of the barrel QB on a shitty team that hasn’t done anything in years? They just drafted his fucking replacement for Christ’s sake.

Comment

What results? Being a bottom of the barrel QB on a shitty team that hasn’t done anything in years? They just drafted his fucking replacement for Christ’s sake.
              Awards and accolades

Manning drops back to pass on January 15, 2012.Records

NFL

• Most 4th-quarter touchdown passes in a season (15 in 2011)[272]
              • Tied NFL Record longest pass completion and touchdown (99 yards in 2011)[273]
              • Tied NFL Record most game-winning drives in a season (8 in 2011)
              • Most road wins in a single regular season and postseason by a starting quarterback (10)
              • Most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219 yards in 2011)[274]
              • Only QB in NFL history without throwing an interception in multiple conference championship starts[275]

Comment

I agree, let the experts handle this.....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...v1tbu8lvzo5rzq

Comment

Awards and accolades

Manning drops back to pass on January 15, 2012.Records

NFL

• Most 4th-quarter touchdown passes in a season (15 in 2011)[272]
                  • Tied NFL Record longest pass completion and touchdown (99 yards in 2011)[273]
                  • Tied NFL Record most game-winning drives in a season (8 in 2011)
                  • Most road wins in a single regular season and postseason by a starting quarterback (10)
                  • Most passing yards in a single postseason (1,219 yards in 2011)[274]
                  • Only QB in NFL history without throwing an interception in multiple conference championship starts[275]
                  So his defense carried him to two rings, he hasn’t made a pro bowl since 2015, and he makes sure to show up every Sunday so he can play like shit and lose his team the game. Wow, so many achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

That list is actually great. The only change I’d make is knocking Brees down to 6 and moving Luck up, but only because of age. I don’t know if I’m the only one who saw his stats at the end of last season, but he looks like he may go out like Manning did.

Comment

That list is actually great. The only change I’d make is knocking Brees down to 6 and moving Luck up, but only because of age. I don’t know if I’m the only one who saw his stats at the end of last season, but he looks like he may go out like Manning did.
                      I would also move Goff, Mayfield, and Wence up since they still have a ton of upside and recent success... I look at it at it as which QB's would I want on my team right now, and Brady is far less desirable because he is at the very bottom of his career. We're looking at from here going forward.

Comment

I would also move Goff, Mayfield, and Wence up since they still have a ton of upside and recent success... I look at it at it as which QB's would I want on my team right now, and Brady is far less desirable because he is at the very bottom of his career. We're looking at from here going forward.
                        I hear you on everything but Brady. Until that dude shows any signs of declining, he has to stay in the top 3 at the very least. You just can’t argue with his results.

By the way, I’m probably getting caught up in the hype, but I’m really feeling Mayfield lately.

Comment

I hear you on everything but Brady. Until that dude shows any signs of declining, he has to stay in the top 3 at the very least. You just can’t argue with his results.

By the way, I’m probably getting caught up in the hype, but I’m really feeling Mayfield lately.
                          I know he is a winner and the GOAT, but he won the Super Bowl this year more on his defense. Watching the Patriots shut down the Chiefs and Ram's offenses in back to back games was beyond impressive.

Comment

I know he is a winner and the GOAT, but he won the Super Bowl this year more on his defense. Watching the Patriots shut down the Chiefs and Ram's offenses in back to back games was beyond impressive.
                            Oh yeah, the defense was amazing in those two games, but there’s something to be said for what he did too. People don’t seem to want to give the QB credit unless he goes out there and lights it up, even when it makes no sense or doesn’t work with the game plan. For every game where Brady just kind of hangs out and protects the ball, he has like 4 where he goes off and plays amazing. I’m not going to fault a guy for being conservative when the situation calls for it.

And before Geno or someone else comes in and claims that I’m contradicting myself about Eli, there’s a lot of differences between those two. For one, Brady always plays well enough during the regular season to put his team in the best position possible. He doesn’t take games off and his bad is better than most guys average. Two, he doesn’t need fluke catches like the Tyree bailout Eli got to stick the dagger in, he does it constantly in every way a QB can. Three, unlike Eli, you will never, ever, EVER see Brady implode and throw like 3-4 picks that lose his team the game. Eli does that on a regular basis, which is why this whole “he gets it done when it counts” narrative that surrounded him for awhile was complete bullshit.

Anyway, in closing: I’m not a Tom Brady fan. I think he’s a total douche bag and in terms of ability, he’s nothing more than a system QB on roids with a crazy high football IQ. In most situations, I don’t think he’d be as successful as he’s been in New England, but at the end of the day his record and stats speak for themselves.

Comment

Hopefully Foles pans out in Jacksonville

Comment

You said experts and linked Sporting News...

Comment

Working...
                                X