Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here into modding video game handhelds or consoles?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here into modding video game handhelds or consoles?

By "modding" I mean hacking it to play emulated old school games or backups of games.

Originally posted by samnite View Post
    By "modding" I mean hacking it to play emulated old school games or backups of games.
    You mean like a raspberry pi? Because if you’re looking to play a shit load of old school games, making one of those is probably the most cost effective way.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

You mean like a raspberry pi? Because if you’re looking to play a shit load of old school games, making one of those is probably the most cost effective way.
      I bought a $20 Playstation Classic from Best Buy and am modding it to play old school games through the PS1 era. It is a pretty good deal considering $20 gets you 2 controllers and an hdmi cable along with the system. You do need to supply your own usb ac adapter (which most people already own) and a USB 2.0 flash drive (the old school ones without the blue colored connector). The cost of the flashdrive depends entirely on the size of the library of games you want.

How much does a raspberry pi setup cost considering you need to buy other peripherals and build it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post

I bought a $20 Playstation Classic from Best Buy and am modding it to play old school games through the PS1 era. It is a pretty good deal considering $20 gets you 2 controllers and an hdmi cable along with the system. You do need to supply your own usb ac adapter (which most people already own) and a USB 2.0 flash drive (the old school ones without the blue colored connector). The cost of the flashdrive depends entirely on the size of the library of games you want.

How much does a raspberry pi setup cost considering you need to buy other peripherals and build it yourself?
        Depends really, a buddy of mine has one that he says he put together for like $60. It has a shit load of games on it from the NES/SNES/Genesis era.

Comment

I've done a Pi. If I can do it, anyone can.

Comment

Working...
          X