Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario Maker 2

Really, really enjoying this game. I never got to play the first Super Mario Maker (got a used WiiU specifically for it, but it didn't work so just returned it and said fuck it) but watched a shitload of streamers play it, so I kinda had a slight idea of what to expect.

The Nintendo Switch is a pretty neat little device, although I find that I have occasional bouts of unresponsive buttons (which comes in really handy when it's while you're trying to jump over an enemy) and the joysticks are still a little wonky.

Mostly, my interest is in playing the levels other users have created, even if that means sifting through a seemingly never-ending supply of shitty Japanese New Super Mario Bros. speedruns. Oddly enough, though, I started out by playing through story mode. Honestly wasn't that bad. Got to kind of learn the various styles that way.

I wish they still had 100 Man, because the Endless mode just doesn't quite play the same. I'm not nearly good enough (or, more importantly, patient enough) to have any business playing Super Expert levels, but I was happy to beat one before reaching 30 deaths and game over

The thrill of seeing you have a world record on a level, even if it's only been played a few times, won't ever get old. I've got two, one that I lucked into on a one-shot run and the other after several attempts after coming up just short, and I'm surprised I still have both given how many people play – my initial world ranking was something like in the 88,000 range, just for Endless mode on Normal difficulty.

The multi-player online versus mode is stupidly fun, even if that means enduring some crippling lag. Not uncommon to start playing and then look up and see that three hours have passed.

Is this where that crazy video of mario jumping around all of the spinning fire rods that gives me anxiety to watch came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
      Is this where that crazy video of mario jumping around all of the spinning fire rods that gives me anxiety to watch came from?
      I just watched that...Sent it to Gyle on FB, actually.

I didn't know it was a thing.

Fuckin' old people on the interwebs. I'm ashamed of myself right now.

Comment

The ORIGINAL Super Mario Maker...

Comment

I’ve been on this shit too. Anyone who wants to play sometime, let me know and we can make it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X