Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Games going straight gangster

Looks like Epic is bringing the exclusivity war to the PC.... they already got Metro: Exodus and most of Ubisoft on board, now they got The Outer Worlds.

Fucking 9 year olds with mommy's debit card on Fortnite gonna start wrecking the PC gaming market.... fuck.

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
    Looks like Epic is bringing the exclusivity war to the PC.... they already got Metro: Exodus and most of Ubisoft on board, now they got The Outer Worlds.

Fucking 9 year olds with mommy's debit card on Fortnite gonna start wrecking the PC gaming market.... fuck.
    Good. If they leave, maybe I'll win more on Fortnite.

Comment

I really don't think so, the PC gaming crowd pushes back pretty hard against this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I really don't think so, the PC gaming crowd pushes back pretty hard against this kind of thing.
        They have been.... but they are losing.

Epic is throwing gobs of money at developers and the developers are taking the cash. The gamers can't push back against that when the developers profit out of the deal.

It wouldnt be so bad if Epic's store was comparable to Steam... but it's not even close. It's bare bones. It sucks ass. I refuse to use the fucking thing.

Unless Valve gets off it's ass and does something, this is going to be bad and anti-consumer. I was hopeful that Epic would be a decent conpetitor to Steam and create better products all around. Epic is basically saying "fuck it" and going the Disney route and just throwing gobs and gobs of cash around and forcing you to like it.

Comment

They have been.... but they are losing.

Epic is throwing gobs of money at developers and the developers are taking the cash. The gamers can't push back against that when the developers profit out of the deal.

It wouldnt be so bad if Epic's store was comparable to Steam... but it's not even close. It's bare bones. It sucks ass. I refuse to use the fucking thing.

Unless Valve gets off it's ass and does something, this is going to be bad and anti-consumer. I was hopeful that Epic would be a decent conpetitor to Steam and create better products all around. Epic is basically saying "fuck it" and going the Disney route and just throwing gobs and gobs of cash around and forcing you to like it.
          That assumes people won't just boycott those games out of spite, which I assume many will.

Comment

That assumes people won't just boycott those games out of spite, which I assume many will.
            Many already have with Metro: Exodus.... and its looking like it isnt mattering enough.

There's another title that many were excited about that they are planning on protesting on (the title eludes me, but it wasn't Outer Worlds)... but I read that the developer didnt give a shit because it got enough money from Epic to be profitable no matter what. That's where I think the problem resides. Epic is throwing so much money around that it might not matter what the gamers do. And that is frightening.

Comment

Many already have with Metro: Exodus.... and its looking like it isnt mattering enough.

There's another title that many were excited about that they are planning on protesting on (the title eludes me, but it wasn't Outer Worlds)... but I read that the developer didnt give a shit because it got enough money from Epic to be profitable no matter what. That's where I think the problem resides. Epic is throwing so much money around that it might not matter what the gamers do. And that is frightening.
              Yeah, but they can only do that for so long before they run out of money to throw around. The Fortnite fad won't last forever, and that's where almost all of their current bank roll is coming from.

Comment

Yeah, but they can only do that for so long before they run out of money to throw around. The Fortnite fad won't last forever, and that's where almost all of their current bank roll is coming from.
                I can only hope you are right... but I fear they have enough cash to get their exclusivity bullshit going long enough to feed itself.

Comment

I can only hope you are right... but I fear they have enough cash to get their exclusivity bullshit going long enough to feed itself.
                  I just can't see it. You have to think, they're going to be competing primarily with EA and Activision Blizzard, two companies that can easily crush them with the strength of their IPs if they ever stop punching themselves in the balls. Something tells me this move by Epic will kick their asses in gear.

Comment

I just can't see it. You have to think, they're going to be competing primarily with EA and Activision Blizzard, two companies that can easily crush them with the strength of their IPs if they ever stop punching themselves in the balls. Something tells me this move by Epic will kick their asses in gear.
                    EA and Activision push their products through their own platforms, so they don't give a shit.

Epic's only real competition are Steam and GOG, and really it's just Steam. Steam is the one that needs to get off it's lazy ass and fight back.

Comment

EA and Activision push their products through their own platforms, so they don't give a shit.

Epic's only real competition are Steam and GOG, and really it's just Steam. Steam is the one that needs to get off it's lazy ass and fight back.
                      I know, but how much of the PC market is cornered by those two companies? EA less so, but Blizzard has millions of fans that almost exclusively play their shit.

Steams not going anywhere. Forced to adapt maybe, but that's long overdue anyway. Their quality control is God awful.

Comment

I know, but how much of the PC market is cornered by those two companies? EA less so, but Blizzard has millions of fans that almost exclusively play their shit.

Steams not going anywhere. Forced to adapt maybe, but that's long overdue anyway. Their quality control is God awful.
                        Blizzard's stranglehold has been dwindling as WoW keeps getting worse and worse. EA continues to take advantage of fleecing the normies with Madden and FIFA, but otherwise is taking a bath on titles like Anthem and BFV (compared to expectations).

The PC market has been shifting more towards indie and B developers of late. That's where Steam has been raking.

But they have gotten lazy about it. Steam's product is superior to Epic in every way, but they won't respond to Epic until it actually starts to hurt them.... which wont be until probably after it is too late.

Comment

Blizzard's stranglehold has been dwindling as WoW keeps getting worse and worse. EA continues to take advantage of fleecing the normies with Madden and FIFA, but otherwise is taking a bath on titles like Anthem and BFV (compared to expectations).

The PC market has been shifting more towards indie and B developers of late. That's where Steam has been raking.

But they have gotten lazy about it. Steam's product is superior to Epic in every way, but they won't respond to Epic until it actually starts to hurt them.... which wont be until probably after it is too late.
                          But those are still self inflicted wounds, Epic making a play like this could be a wake up call.

Comment

Epic keeps on going.

Just scored Borderlands 3

and now it's looking like Red Dead Redemption 2's PC port will be Epic Exclusive...

Not exactly shocking since it's Take 2. Apparently there os a rumor floating that Epic paid Take 2 a fuckload of cash for all of their shit to go Epic exclusive.

All the while... Gabe is just sitting in a beanbag chair nekkid eating cheetos.

Comment

Epic keeps on going.

Just scored Borderlands 3

and now it's looking like Red Dead Redemption 2's PC port will be Epic Exclusive...

Not exactly shocking since it's Take 2. Apparently there os a rumor floating that Epic paid Take 2 a fuckload of cash for all of their shit to go Epic exclusive.

All the while... Gabe is just sitting in a beanbag chair nekkid eating cheetos.
                              Is there a company that has been praised more for doing less than Valve? Half Life 2 was a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X