Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungie splitting from Activision

And got the rights to Destiny in the divorce.

This could be huge

So less microtransactions and other in game monetization/gambling? Probably not, but we can only hope.

Comment

Could be good stuff, but Bungie's ability to develop a quality game has been largely theoretical for awhile now. People can say what they want about Destiny 1 and 2 getting better later all they want, their launch product was shit both times.

Comment

Originally posted by Snidde22 View Post
        So less microtransactions and other in game monetization/gambling? Probably not, but we can only hope.
        I know Bungie and and Activision were at odds during development, particularly durimg D2 development, because of the monetization mechanics. From what I read, Activision was trying to force Bungie to focus on the MX store instead of adding more content.

I personally dont give 2 shits about MXs as long as they are merely cosmetic in nature and I can still get them through reasonable in-game grind.... and the rest of the game is fun and polished.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
          Could be good stuff, but Bungie's ability to develop a quality game has been largely theoretical for awhile now. People can say what they want about Destiny 1 and 2 getting better later all they want, their launch product was shit both times.
          Agreed. I womder if they got the forever taint of Activision and will fall off the cliff.

All I do know, is that when the Bungie employees heard of the split.... they popped champagne bottles.

Comment

Working...
          X