Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield V

Okay, I had doubts about this game after what EA/Dice did with One and SWBF2... furthermore, the early beta reviews were pretty bad as well.

However, recent reviews based on early access have been mostly positive. Most of the cons have been more aesthetic and nostalgic in nature. Plus, the reviewers seem to be indicating that EA/Dice are beginning to learn their lesson about how to handle microtrans.

I have it downloading now and it will be waiting when I get home from work.

I'll probably pick it up, I don't play anything multi-player anymore..... I don't like the idea of being in there with a bunch of 12 year olds.

Comment

I vowed to never by another EA/Dice game after the debacle that was Battlefront 2

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat View Post
        I vowed to never by another EA/Dice game after the debacle that was Battlefront 2
        This one looks to be a nice olive branch. I was skeptical... but 5 hours in and I'm enjoying.

Comment

First impressions

1) It's more squad based and tactical than previous BFs. Run cap run cap run cap is not nearly as easy because you cant just run and hide for a few seconds to regain full health anymore. Also, 3D spotting is gone for all classes... only the recon class can do it. That adds a degree of difficulty that is kinda good.

2) Guns need some balancing. MGs are overpowered. But almost all of them are very fun to shoot.

3) Some maps are very very good. Some maps are very very.... not.

4) They need to put the autobalance teams feature back in. Played on a server that had a 15 vs 3 and no rebalance was done. Sucks the fun out of the round.

5) They really shouldnt have done the greyed out sections of the game and marked them as "coming December _____" That will put off some players making it seem like the game is incomplete.

Comment

You play on console or PC, bleed?

Comment

After the terrible preview video, I thought o would hold off on this game. At first I thought the outrage about it was going to be like that of Battlefield 1 and the Harlem Hell Fighters being featured. At least in One, they didn't rewrite history to include the interesting side stories; unfortunately, that is simply not the case here. I am glad I didn't purchase this game now.

https://youtu.be/BAlAITCBprI

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                You play on console or PC, bleed?
                PC

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
                  After the terrible preview video, I thought o would hold off on this game. At first I thought the outrage about it was going to be like that of Battlefield 1 and the Harlem Hell Fighters being featured. At least in One, they didn't rewrite history to include the interesting side stories; unfortunately, that is simply not the case here. I am glad I didn't purchase this game now.

https://youtu.be/BAlAITCBprI
                  I really dont give a shit about the "story" or the whining over the woman characters. All I care about is the gameplay.... and I was really enjoying the gunplay and experience overall despite the obvious bugs. BUUUUUUT.... more to come

Comment

Dice released a patch which basically weakened almost every gun in the game by one bullet. And pretty much everyone in the core group is pissed about it.

After Dice pitched this game for months as a more challenging squad based tactical game, and the gunplay being mostly greeted with great fanfare.... Dice is changing the damage values because, according to them, people were dying too fast and new players appeared to be getting frustrated.

Ummm.... no you idiots, the fact that you released a game that was buggy and incomplete is why people new and old are getting frustrated. Many players were still enjoying the game and willing to put up with it until these got fixed because the gunplay was really really good..... and now you want to change that?

Fucking Dice.... all the goodwill you might have earned is going to go up in a cloud of smoke if this shit stands.

This is juuuuuust as I was starting to get a good handle on many of the guns. Fuck it all.

Comment

So I've been playing squad conquest and now firestorm. It's been fun. The most I've played a BF game ever

Comment

Working...
                      X