Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario Rom Hacks

I love watching some of these guys take on the most creative and difficult mario rom hacks ever created. Here are some of my faves:

Invictus:

Grand Poo World:

The Joy of Kaizo (Bob Ross Hack):

Dram World:

Dram World 2:

Some of these are nothing short of art.

Ive never been a fan of Kaizos tho. Too cheap, IMO.

Comment

I also really enjoy some of the autorun levels in Mario Maker. No challenge to them, but that lets you truly appreciate the amount of thought that went into them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
        Some of these are nothing short of art.

Ive never been a fan of Kaizos tho. Too cheap, IMO.
        Invictus and Grand Poo World are the two best rom hacks I've ever watched from a gameplay stand point.

Joy of Kaizo is the most beautiful. Dram and Dram 2 are challenging. I left out the original rom hacks because those games tend to be made as complete troll games.

But for anyone looking to watch awesome rom hacks, I thought I'd start a thread. Highly recommend all gamers to check out Invictus and Grand Poo World.

Comment

If GPB plays it, then I watch it. I just got done watching Super Barb Bros. and really enjoyed it. Like 99 percent of the kaizo stuff people put out is just really shitty level design, but there's that 1 percent that's just beautifully done.

I like the SMB3 hacks infinitely more than the SMW hacks, simply because I like SMB3 way more and don't really care much for SMW. I still watch, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
            If GPB plays it, then I watch it. I just got done watching Super Barb Bros. and really enjoyed it. Like 99 percent of the kaizo stuff people put out is just really shitty level design, but there's that 1 percent that's just beautifully done.

I like the SMB3 hacks infinitely more than the SMW hacks, simply because I like SMB3 way more and don't really care much for SMW. I still watch, though.
            The cool thing about SMW is that the spin jump really opens up what you can do with the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post

Poo is awesome...I have a few go to guys when it comes to SMW/speed runs...Obviously Dode, Poo, CarlSagan, and Barb are guys I really enjoy watching play. Panga doesn't post much content on his youtube anymore, and I never have time to watch them live on stream. I think my favorite thing within that community is Barbs disdain for people in his chat. I laugh until it hurts as he rips them in all of his videos.

Comment

Holy shit there's an SMB2 hack. Everyone's going to suck at it, because SMB 2 is insane compared to SMW, SMB3, etc. that those guys run, but I'm really excited to see something done with SMB2. I love that game.

Comment

holy crap that looks difficult

Comment

SMB2 was certainly unique. I have it on Wii and play it from time to time.

Comment

Here is Poo doing a speed run of that SMB2 Hack. The tricks used are so fucking awesome. Really cool hack made by Glitchcat.

Comment

Working...
                      X