Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Citizen

I've been reading aboit this over the last year or so. Looks like this is being done the right way. The developers putting a lot of passion and thought into it.

And totally fan funded.

Gonna check this out and proabably get into being a tester.

One of my friends has been talking about this game for like 2 years. I think he already bought a ship...guessing part of the crowdfunding thing. t seems like a cool idea, kind of like Eve Online but with more control and flying shit around seems great. It just sounds like it will be so ridiculously expansive...that it could either be a huge success or a monumental flop.

Comment

Originally posted by biasedHAMILTON View Post
      One of my friends has been talking about this game for like 2 years. I think he already bought a ship...guessing part of the crowdfunding thing. t seems like a cool idea, kind of like Eve Online but with more control and flying shit around seems great. It just sounds like it will be so ridiculously expansive...that it could either be a huge success or a monumental flop.
      That seems to be how it works. You buy a pass for the updates and get some perks while in development. Buying a ship is "buying the game" of sorts. They had a package where you get a small fleet or something like that but cots $10,000. Holy fuck.

I might do a pass and buy a ship just to get into the testing. I'm particularly curious to see all the various elements...since it has ship racing and a FPS module to go along with the open world.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post

That seems to be how it works. You buy a pass for the updates and get some perks while in development. Buying a ship is "buying the game" of sorts. They had a package where you get a small fleet or something like that but cots $10,000. Holy fuck.

I might do a pass and buy a ship just to get into the testing. I'm particularly curious to see all the various elements...since it has ship racing and a FPS module to go along with the open world.

Yeah, exactly, he bought a simple scout ship so he gets the game and the ship when its released. He can go n right now and look at his ship in the hanger. The level of customization of the ships and things is impressive from what I have heard...they have so much to balance (scout ships vs. assault/war ships, vs. cargo style craft)...there will be tons of people resource mining and selling. Basically, breeding a whole new round of WoW players or Eve Online players.

Wonder what kind of PC min specs will be required to even play the game.

Comment

I got some flight time in the last few days. It's Freelancer on horse roids, as I anticipated.

The detail is pretty stunning.

Comment

2/10

Comment

I played the open beta...they have a long way to go with this game. Not going to say its bad...but its not a fully functional game as of this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                I played the open beta...they have a long way to go with this game. Not going to say its bad...but its not a fully functional game as of this moment.
                Agreed. The visuals are good, but far from functional. I went into my flight time expecting this though, so I wasnt grading it on that.

Comment

Holy fuck this didnt age well.

Looks like this thing is turning into a scam. The game is still nowhere near done and it is $250M+ and 8 years in.

Forbes just did a piece on how bungled this thing has become.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                    Holy fuck this didnt age well.

Looks like this thing is turning into a scam. The game is still nowhere near done and it is $250M+ and 8 years in.

Forbes just did a piece on how bungled this thing has become.
                    The whole thing reeked of bullshit from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

The whole thing reeked of bullshit from the start.
                      I put in I think $80 or something like that when I made the OP here. If the game ever sees the light of day that was enough to guarantee me a copy of the game, but after a few months of looking in on it from time to time I saw how slow the project was going and basically said "call me back when it comes out"....

3 years later..... holy fuck it looks like I got suckered. But hey, it was just $80. I've made far more embarrasing purchases involving more money than that ....some clowns have tens of thousands invested inyo this shit. I feel bad for them..... actually, no I dont. LMFAO at them.

I almost wonder if Epic will try to get in on this shit... LMFAO.

Comment

Working...
                      X