Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow Fat Asses: This One is Working for Me

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Fresneck View Post


    Those must be tiny burgers, 'cause that pinky finger in the background looks huge
    That fork is definitely tiny.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
      If you want to lose weight. Clean up your diet and drink only water. Eat around 1,200 calories and work out. Diet is actually the primary thing count your calories.

      March 16 2017 - I was like 259.8lbs then I decided to lose weight. Just slowly taking away things from my diet. Started to only drink water. Gave up ordering mac and cheese etc.

      March 2018 - I was at 234lbs. My doctor said my cholesterol was a little high. Gave up eggs, high cholesterol foods, and only a serving spoonful of carbs. Started to eat things like grilled salmon. Started to actually count calories and keep myself in the 1,200 to 1,500 range. Started to work out 3-4 times a week.

      Feb 2019 - Weighed in at 181lbs at my doctor's office and he told me I have to maintain this now but I could stop dieting. Went off the reservation for the weekend because I had not cheated on the diet for weeks. But now I can lift weights again and don't only have to do cardio.
      No adult male that isn’t a midget should be eating 1200 calories a day, ever. Seriously guys, do not fucking do this, it’s bad for your health. What you should be doing is eating a lot of protein (red meat for dinner 2-3 times a week preferably), fruits, and vegetables. Limit but don’t necessarily eliminate your intake of the following: bread, pasta, and processed food of all kinds. I say limit and not eliminate because carbs can be good on recovery days. Only drinking water and black coffee with the occasional exception should be a no brainer. Always lift weights, but don’t go too heavy and fuck yourself up like a moron. Cardio three times a week. Congratulations, you’re now something resembling the absolute bad ass that I am.

      Seriously though, jokes aside, make sure you eat enough if you’re exercising. Cutting your intake down too much fucks with your sleep, muscle recovery, cognitive function, sex drive, basically everything. If you’re anything like 99% of the population, how MUCH you eat isn’t the problem, it’s your inactivity and WHAT you’re eating that’s killing you.

      Comment


      • #93
        Also, congratulations on the weight loss TTU, I hope you’re still doing well. I didn’t mean to come off as an asshole, but what you did is very extreme and far more likely to discourage people than help them. Props to you for having willpower, but yeah dude, that’s not the best way to go about it.

        Comment


        • #94
          Oh, and one more thing: Sleep at least 8 hours in a dark room every night. No screens, no distractions, just you, your bed, and your hand to keep you company. If you’re starting a new routine, kick that up to 9 hours a night for the first month or two while your body adjusts.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
            Also, congratulations on the weight loss TTU, I hope you’re still doing well. I didn’t mean to come off as an asshole, but what you did is very extreme and far more likely to discourage people than help them. Props to you for having willpower, but yeah dude, that’s not the best way to go about it.
            My doctor told me to do it. So I did it. I think the logic being to get people to take seriously what they are eating. Most people need to address their nutrition which is both what they are eating and the quantity they are eating. I know people who eat things that are not good for them but justify it by saying they went to the gym or worked out. Then they wonder why they are not getting healthier and get discouraged.

            Ideally I would like to get with a nutritionist and have them work out how much calories etc. I would just do that and have the occasional cheat day.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

              My doctor told me to do it. So I did it. I think the logic being to get people to take seriously what they are eating. Most people need to address their nutrition which is both what they are eating and the quantity they are eating. I know people who eat things that are not good for them but justify it by saying they went to the gym or worked out. Then they wonder why they are not getting healthier and get discouraged.

              Ideally I would like to get with a nutritionist and have them work out how much calories etc. I would just do that and have the occasional cheat day.
              I suppose I understand that. I don’t know how tall you are, but assuming you’re relatively average height, 250+ is pretty damn big. If I had to guess, he wanted you to take extreme measures in the short term because you had some health risks. I won’t disagree with a doctor for obvious reasons, but I don’t think he’d disagree with my advice either now that you’re down to a reasonable size.

              Comment


              • #97
                I'm 44 and 250 but I still bench close to 315 and I am close to 6'3. I am not sure what to do as I don't want to slim down to skin and bone but weight isn't easier to carry as you get older.

                Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                  My doctor told me to do it. So I did it. I think the logic being to get people to take seriously what they are eating. Most people need to address their nutrition which is both what they are eating and the quantity they are eating. I know people who eat things that are not good for them but justify it by saying they went to the gym or worked out. Then they wonder why they are not getting healthier and get discouraged.

                  Ideally I would like to get with a nutritionist and have them work out how much calories etc. I would just do that and have the occasional cheat day.
                  Counting macros > > > counting calories

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                    I suppose I understand that. I don’t know how tall you are, but assuming you’re relatively average height, 250+ is pretty damn big. If I had to guess, he wanted you to take extreme measures in the short term because you had some health risks. I won’t disagree with a doctor for obvious reasons, but I don’t think he’d disagree with my advice either now that you’re down to a reasonable size.
                    most doctors don't know shit about bro sciences

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                      most doctors don't know shit about bro sciences
                      I can’t read those words without hearing the pow pow pow sound effects.

                      Comment


                      • Through increased activity, not-very-strict-at-all intermittent fasting, and pure allsomeness, I'm down 20 elbeez in two months since leaving the States.

                        Legit changes to my lifestyle
                        1. no beer
                        2. minimal drinking
                        3. no restaurant options
                        4. Africa hot

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                          I'm 44 and 250 but I still bench close to 315 and I am close to 6'3. I am not sure what to do as I don't want to slim down to skin and bone but weight isn't easier to carry as you get older.

                          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          I mean, realistically? There’s not much you can do besides cut back and go full dad bod. Lifting weights at a deficit is hard as fuck as it is, you add in age and the wear and tear from being an athlete when you were younger, and you’re kinda stuck. Maybe talk to a trainer?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X