Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow Fat Asses: This One is Working for Me

My buddy's wife is using the "Take Shape for Life" Diet and it's not cheap. But he's been feeding me insights into it and I've been dropping lbs and noticeably right away.

1. Go to Wal-Mart and fill your cart on the Fiber One Baked bars. Get whatever flavor suits your fancy, just stock up.

2. Same section-do the same with the "Fiber One" snacks. (Trust me)

3. Go to pharmacy section and load up on the "Pure Protein" items.

I recommend the Almond Milk as well

Breakfast: Either Cheerios with the Almond Milk and one sweetener such as Splenda or 2 hard boiled eggs

Then, every hour and a half, eat one of these "fuels" (bars mentioned above) at the office.

They taste good too btw

Most of these "fuels" are 95 ca

Best news: You get a "sensible" meal. It calls for fish or lean fish 3 X a week to maximize it but if you're heavy enough, it doesn't really matter. You'll lose it anyway because the fiber will DESTROY your appetite and you'll hardly notice.

Anyway, it's working for me so I figured I'd share with anyone else in my boat and I need to shop for new work clothes as a result.

Only diet that had worked for me was Atkins which used to tighten me up. With this one, I look the same same (flappy) but the scale says [there's less ugly
    LOL]

Much more believable. LOL
    Last edited by PBS; 12-11-2016, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Warning!!!!

You WILL get gas especially in the evenings. Just saying. But you WILL also lose weight.

This diet works and you'll know it's working... Your lost endocrine system will tell you...

This is like $300/ mo,

Last edited by PBS; 12-11-2016, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Trust me, for those that try it. You'll fart like a motherfucker. But... you'll LOSE....

Comment

The KEY is to eat these little 90 calories treats every hour and and a half. They each have about 90 calories each. Then, eat one of these "Pure Proteins" bars for lunch, That gives you 3 snack cakes until dinner.
          Which may
          not make you hungry

Comment

Also run, and pound some iron.

Comment

I'm not starting this to contradict you, but rather provide alternate perspective.

I kind of reached a breaking point in May. I didn't like who I was, how I felt, how I looked, etc. I decided to make some lifestyle changes starting June 1.

Initially, I didn't really have much of a plan so much as I had just decided to "change things"...stopped fast food/pizza cold turkey. Stopped drinking carbonated sugary drinks altogether. Made a conscious effort to eat "better" foods.

Eventually, a little research led me to a book called Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle. More or less a more scientific guide that includes real-world anecdotes that explains why things work the way they do with the body. It's very specific, but the advice is great because it can be applied in very specific or very general doses. You can carefully count calories or you can ballpark it. It's a great framework.You can apply it to....YOU. I am not dieting. I changed my diet. And my lifestyle. And it is working wonderfully.

I've lost 72 lbs in a little over 6 months, and I plan to lose a bit more before I plan to add on some muscle. And I didn't starve myself to get here. I feel as good/better than I felt in my early 20s.

It's not wizardry. Just a simple understanding of science and your body specifically.

Comment

It is amazing how much just cutting out pizza/chips/soda/cookies from your diet(or limiting yourself to X a week) can help. My weakness is sugar (specifically candy). Literally never had to worry about weight/diet until I hit 30, but have to now.

Most of diet is willpower, but the #1 thing is literally what you but at the grocery store(or what food place you choose) IMO. If you don't buy bad food, you won't test your willpower as much. I think Nash and PBS both touched on that in different ways.
                Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-12-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
                  Most of diet is willpower, but the #1 thing is literally what you but at the grocery store(or what food place you choose) IMO. If you don't buy bad food, you won't test your willpower as much. I think Nash and PBS both touched on that in different ways.
                  This is very important.

It can be hard to see the first pounds shed in the mirror, even if you see them on the scale. Staying focused in the beginning stages is critical. But once you start to see and feel the differences (in your appearance, your clothes, your physical abilities and health, etc) then it becomes a lot easier to maintain (at least that was the case for me).

The book I read speaks a lot about the psychology of goal-setting and having the right frame of mind (positivity). Willpower isn't as difficult if you learn to form good habits. Then a lot of it simply becomes automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                    My buddy's wife is using the "Take Shape for Life" Diet and it's not cheap. But he's been feeding me insights into it and I've been dropping lbs and noticeably right away.

1. Go to Wal-Mart and fill your cart on the Fiber One Baked bars. Get whatever flavor suits your fancy, just stock up.

2. Same section-do the same with the "Fiber One" snacks. (Trust me)

3. Go to pharmacy section and load up on the "Pure Protein" items.

I recommend the Almond Milk as well

Breakfast: Either Cheerios with the Almond Milk and one sweetener such as Splenda or 2 hard boiled eggs

Then, every hour and a half, eat one of these "fuels" (bars mentioned above) at the office.

They taste good too btw

Most of these "fuels" are 95 ca
                    jesus christ. You are recommending fucking Splenda and snack bars all day? Please stop giving advice.

Comment

Step 1 - cut out the fucking junk and sugar. throw it out of your house
                      Step 2 - dont ever eat fast food
                      Step 3 - eat a lot of small meals
                      Step 4 - eat healthy shit
                      Step 5 - try exercising
                      Step 6 - Have a cheat day every week or you will fail and quit

Its not rocket science

my day

pre-shower
                      1. piece of fruit
                      post shower
                      2. Cup of oatmeal and 2 egg whites - on weekend I cook 6 eggs and peanut butter
                      3. Protein Shake with oatmeal
                      3. Eat fage yogurt for a snack
                      4. Eat Tuna or a meat high in protein for lunch with a green vegetable. The smoke tuna is the best and has a 19g of protein in a pouch
                      5. Eat a Cliff Bar or whatever
                      6. Eat a piece of fruit
                      7. Eat dinner with at least a meat and green vegatble
                      8. I have another protein shake on gym days
                      9. Eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed

btw Jay Robb Protein in Strawberry with Almond milk is about the most delicious drink in the world.

Only works if your lazy ass goes to the gym though. I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks when I started this.AFter the gym you need to feed your muscles with protein/carbs/sugar. I typically will eat a rice cake with peanut butter with my protein shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post

jesus christ. You are recommending fucking Splenda and snack bars all day? Please stop giving advice.
                        It's all about caloric intake. If you think otherwise then just delete your account now.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS

It's all about caloric intake. If you think otherwise then just delete your account now.

No it's not. You aren't being healthy by eating 500 calories and doing nothing else. Id you want to lose weight and still die an early death. Sure, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                            LMFAO. Hollllly shit that's dumb.

Edit: Just in case you were confused, PBS, I was talking about you...
                            Last edited by Foster4Prez; 12-15-2016, 08:37 AM.

Comment

This thread should be deleted before PBS kills half the board off.

Comment

Working...
                              X