• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest way to drop weight at the gym

https://vine.co/v/ieOg1azvA2Y

Fucking retard.

Comment

I've pulled that maneuver before on purpose while benching at home a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
        I've pulled that maneuver before on purpose while benching at home a few times.
        load up the bar with an unreasonable amount of weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Miniterp View Post
          load up the bar with an unreasonable amount of weight?
          Not really, I just made the stupid decision to try that one additional rep.

I don't go crazy at home with no spotter other than my 120lb wife and 50lb pound boys.

Comment

TOO MUCH WEIGHT.

I've had that happen a couple times myself where I'm just off balance or trying that last rep. I also got the bar straight up stuck once while benching without a spotter in undergrad, but I just chilled with it on my chest and calmly asked the guy next to me for a quick spot.

Since I don't lift as heavy anymore, I can't remember the last time it happened, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
              TOO MUCH WEIGHT.

I've had that happen a couple times myself where I'm just off balance or trying that last rep. I also got the bar straight up stuck once while benching without a spotter in undergrad, but I just chilled with it on my chest and calmly asked the guy next to me for a quick spot.

Since I don't lift as heavy anymore, I can't remember the last time it happened, thankfully.
              yeah i got the bar stuck on me at the gym once. it was embarrassing, especially being it was probably not very much weight. but what fuq said and actually what this guy did is exactly why you don't clip it without a spot, so you can dump it if need be

Comment

if it's too much weight, you're too much of a pussy IMO

Comment

if it's too much weight, you're too much of a pussy IMO
                  Basically this.

All jokes aside though, people like this guy don't make any sense to me. Use some common sense, its one thing to hit muscle failure at the end of a set, its another thing to try and go full on Arnold and risk seriously injuring yourself. This isn't the 80s, go online, get a program, and gradually work your way up.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi3 View Post

Basically this.

All jokes aside though, people like this guy don't make any sense to me. Use some common sense, its one thing to hit muscle failure at the end of a set, its another thing to try and go full on Arnold and risk seriously injuring yourself. This isn't the 80s, go online, get a program, and gradually work your way up.
                    i mean the guy is obviously strong. the fact that he didn't immediately crumble under the weight after bringing it off the bar (heck that he got it off the bar). but he is foolish as well. i'm not sure a spotter would have helped him, he might have killed the spotter

Comment

i mean the guy is obviously strong. the fact that he didn't immediately crumble under the weight after bringing it off the bar (heck that he got it off the bar). but he is foolish as well. i'm not sure a spotter would have helped him, he might have killed the spotter
                      Maybe it's just the people I've been around in my life, but I don't have any respect for people that try and be a hero. The idea is to know where you are, where you want to go, and developing a plan for getting there. This guy totally missed steps one and three and is lucky he didnt get hurt.
                      Last edited by tOSUfanboi3; 01-21-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Maybe it's just the people I've been around in my life, but I don't have any respect for people that try and be a hero. The idea is to know where you are, where you want to go, and developing a plan for getting there. This guy totally missed steps one and two and is lucky he didnt get hurt.
                        oh i agree on that front. there's literally no reason to ever do that amount of weight.

Comment

oh i agree on that front. there's literally no reason to ever do that amount of weight.
                          I won't say no reason, I have friends that are all about that beast mode shit and I'm all for it. That said, every one of those guys will tell you that the only way to reach that level is by slowly building up and grinding your ass off. This guy didn't do that, and very easily could've ended up in the hospital for it.

Comment

I won't say no reason, I have friends that are all about that beast mode shit and I'm all for it. That said, every one of those guys will tell you that the only way to reach that level is by slowly building up and grinding your ass off. This guy didn't do that, and very easily could've ended up in the hospital for it.
                            i mean he's clearly done the work to hold it. he just didn't balance it perfectly, and didn't have clips (for better or worse)

Comment

Working...
                            X