Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I joined a gym today.

Someone give me a kick start workout plan.

1. Walk slowly on treadmill.
    2. Pretend to be on your phone, while creeping any hot chicks
    3. Grab largest amount you can do like, 5 bicep curls of.
    4. Do bicep curls in front of said hot chicks.
    5. If success, do more, get swole biceps, get hot chicks
    6. If not, go lay on the bench press or other popular equipment, take up space, maybe do a few reps, flex.

Comment

Depends what your goal is, and how much time you have/how often you want to go but start off with 5X5 of just basic free weight stuff. When you're first starting out, your strength is gonna go through the roof by sticking with low reps and heavier weight, but watch your form closely. Do warmup sets just to get the form down. Eat well, if you're looking to build, eat a lot. Don't ignore back and legs. Research what works for others and combine it into a plan that works for you because everyone's strong and weak points are different. Oh and have fun with it. Its not worth the money and energy if you hate going to the gym. Challenge yourself.
      Last edited by md21; 12-01-2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
        Someone give me a kick start workout plan.
        http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/55-w...aining06011715

pick a body part, go 3-4 days a week. make sure one of them is legs

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          1. Walk slowly on treadmill.
          2. Pretend to be on your phone, while creeping any hot chicks
          3. Grab largest amount you can do like, 5 bicep curls of.
          4. Do bicep curls in front of said hot chicks.
          5. If success, do more, get swole biceps, get hot chicks
          6. If not, go lay on the bench press or other popular equipment, take up space, maybe do a few reps, flex.
          i'm confused, which step is where i instagram gym selfies with tons of hash tags

Comment

I'm big into core/stretching/abs these days. So here's a quick ab workout that takes 8-10 minutes.

25 crunches(reach straight over knees); 25 crunches(over left knee) 25 crunches(over right knee) 25 crunches(reach straight)
            20 leg lifts
            20 side crunches
            20 leg lifts
            20 side crunches
            1 set hanging leg raises( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWjJtMsqvA) This cat is way too serious, but you get the gist of it.
            1 set medicine ball twists
            1 set hanging leg raises

You can vary it, mix in planks or whatever, but that hits all areas of your abs at different angles and isn't terribly boring.
            Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-01-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miniterp View Post
              i'm confused, which step is where i instagram gym selfies with tons of hash tags

Best not to go TOO hard with the gym game just getting back into things.

Comment

I'm big into core/stretching/abs these days. So here's a quick ab workout that takes 8-10 minutes.

25 crunches(reach straight over knees); 25 crunches(over left knee) 25 crunches(over right knee) 25 crunches(reach straight)
                20 leg lifts
                20 side crunches
                20 leg lifts
                20 side crunches
                1 set hanging leg raises( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWjJtMsqvA) This cat is way too serious, but you get the gist of it.
                1 set hanging leg raises

You can vary it, mix in planks or whatever, but that hits all areas of your abs at different angles and isn't terribly boring.
                With my bum shoulder I can't do any hanging exercises, which sucks because they're killer for abs

Comment

Best not to go TOO hard with the gym game just getting back into things.
                  but if you don't let people know you went to the gym, did you REALLY go?

Comment

I've separated both shoulders, lifting has kept me from surgery. I've seen it get worse and better as I've lifted over the decades.

Obviously take it easy until you get back into it.

Comment

i haven't been yet in the new year. scared to see how crowded it's going to be

Comment

i haven't been yet in the new year. scared to see how crowded it's going to be
                        I didn't mention above, but the gym I joined was a Planet Fitness. Going for the first time after the new year this afternoon.

God help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

I didn't mention above, but the gym I joined was a Planet Fitness. Going for the first time after the new year this afternoon.

God help me.
                          enjoy the pizza and bagels!!

is it true they don't have any free weights? that would be awful.

Comment

enjoy the pizza and bagels!!

is it true they don't have any free weights? that would be awful.
                            They do, but it's relatively limited. Falls Church has 3 free benches and 1 squat rack plus a handful of the guided squat rack things with the rails. Barbells only go up to like 75lb. The brand new Ivy City one only has the guided racks and barbells. Free hydro massage beds though.

I usually stick to the cable towers.

Pizza is only on the first Monday of every month.

Comment

that's called a smith machine. also pictured is a boner-making machine

Comment

Working...
                              X