Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biasedHAWKEYE View Post
    New work out theory: Zero Sum lifting.

It's where you do curls RIGHT next to the free weight rack so no one else can use them, because GAINZ are a zero sum gain. If someone around you becomes stronger, you, by definition, become a little weaker in comparison. It's science

I'm still glad that I don't have to go to a gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
      I just run a mile a day based on a few things that I've read. I still hit the weights, and have limited time to be downstairs in the workout room so I have take all of that into consideration.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/bette...#axzz3bpLI1BpX

I've heard about the cardio benefits of sprint/walking. Right now I'll run a mile and fluctuate between 6mph and 9mph on the treadmill trying to beat my previous time each time. You have to remember that I have spent my entire life playing football and basketball, which the training included gassers, ladders, and other short sprint training.

Even getting up to a mile as a straight run at age 40 was incredibly rough for me.
      The last time I took a break form running, starting again was such an unpleasant sensation I swore to never take another hiatus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresnoid View Post

The last time I took a break form running, starting again was such an unpleasant sensation I swore to never take another hiatus.
        It's tough though, in a months time I've moved and upacked, had painters over, quotes on carpet, kids, Kansas City Corporate Challenge, etc.. I've hardly ran at all in that span of time, because I'm worn out from the days events. I notice I've gradually felt more and more like shit since I've stopped.

Tomorrow it starts again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
          This, and variations of this, will help tighten your shoulder. I had to do a lot of these when I broke my shoulder...And, I still do them in order to keep up with any other workouts...Sure, they're limited, but doing these helps keep the shoulder where it's supposed to be

I started doing that shoulder lift in the first diagram too, but added one of those balance things to every other set(lowering the resistance so I don't fall on my ass) and balance on one foot. Got the idea from a former UW tennis player.

I think Djokovic has a range of motion routine he does like 4 times a day.
          Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 07-23-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• i have none. im so out of shape right now. 50hours a week job, and always having a home project going on.

going to do a cycle of p90x weights plus running starting this weekend. then after a round of that double up with insanity in the AM and p90x weights in the PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMichiganGuy View Post
              i have none. im so out of shape right now. 50hours a week job, and always having a home project going on.

going to do a cycle of p90x weights plus running starting this weekend. then after a round of that double up with insanity in the AM and p90x weights in the PM.
              its haaaaard. but i've been pretty consistent 3-4 days a week plus some tennis or basketball for about the last 4 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniterp View Post
                its haaaaard. but i've been pretty consistent 3-4 days a week plus some tennis or basketball for about the last 4 months.
                i fell off the wagon...but im on vaca for 9 days starting Sunday so a good time to get back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMichiganGuy View Post

i fell off the wagon...but im on vaca for 9 days starting Sunday so a good time to get back on.
                  you're just going to drink and watch netflix

Comment

you're just going to drink and watch netflix
                    but I will get swole inbetween

Comment

• how much did you gain?

Comment

how much did you gain?
                        26lbs of happy weight.

Comment