Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging Dr. Samnite

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paging Dr. Samnite

    I'm allergic to penicillin. I got to go to the emergency room for stitches Wednesday night after my aunts dog bit me of the left side of my mouth (non sexual). He gave me two antibiotics and I took the liberty to look one up to see if it agrees with beer. Google clindamycin and read what it's for. What the hell man? Did he screw something up?

  • #2
    So... your aunts dog has chlamydia?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by daCat View Post
      So... your aunts dog has chlamydia?
      I'm thinking it'd the next easy antibiotic outside of penicillin but damn if I got prescribed nasty whore pussy drugs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe if you stop blowing your aunt's dog it will stop biting you and giving you the clap.

        Comment


        • #5
          no, the problem was he DID stop blowing his aunt's dog, and the dog got upset that it didn't cum yet

          Comment


          • #6
            I regret opening this thread

            Comment


            • #7
              LOLOLOLOLOL

              Comment


              • #8
                This isn't surprising. I don't think bellefay has ever mentioned a girlfriend.

                Comment


                • #9
                  usually you would give something like augmentin for a dog-bite but there's a cross-reactivity with penicillin so he probably picked a different class of antibiotic. Which two antibiotics did he prescribe? Clindamycin can be used for this type of infection (or in this case prevention of infection) I think. I think he prescribed it because of the unusual bacteria one could find in a dog's mouth and wanted to cover those bacteria but I am curious about the other antibiotic as well.

                  Treatment with prophylactic antibiotics for three to seven days is appropriate for dog bite wounds, unless the risk of infection is low or the wound is superficial.4,5,7 If frank cellulitis is evident, a 10- to 14-day course of treatment is more appropriate.9 Amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium (Augmentin) is the antibiotic of choice for a dog bite. For patients who are allergic to penicillin, doxycycline (Vibramycin) is an acceptable alternative, except for children younger than eight years and pregnant women. Erythromycin can also be used, but the risk of treatment failure is greater because of antimicrobial resistance.7,10 Other acceptable combinations include clindamycin (Cleocin) and a fluoroquinolone in adults or clindamycin and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim, Septra) in children.11 When compliance is a concern, daily intramuscular injections of ceftriaxone (Rocephin) are appropriate.7
                  http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0415/p1567.html
                  Last edited by samnite; 12-01-2013, 01:32 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by samnite View Post
                    usually you would give something like augmentin for a dog-bite but there's a cross-reactivity with penicillin so he probably picked a different class of antibiotic. Which two antibiotics did he prescribe? Clindamycin can be used for this type of infection (or in this case prevention of infection) I think. I think he prescribed it because of the unusual bacteria one could find in a dog's mouth and wanted to cover those bacteria but I am curious about the other antibiotic as well.


                    http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0415/p1567.html
                    The clin shit and something called ciprofloxacin which after googling is apparently used to treat anthrax.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                      The clin shit and something called ciprofloxacin which after googling is apparently used to treat anthrax.
                      There was a run on cipro after the antrax scares shortly after 9/11. Shit got expensive quick.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                        The clin shit and something called ciprofloxacin which after googling is apparently used to treat anthrax.
                        cipro would be the fluoroquinolone mentioned in the link. Looks like the doctor did the right thing based on what I posted.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          euthanasia should fix that right up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bellefay pretty much earned everything he got in this thread.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bungi43 View Post
                              Bellefay pretty much earned everything he got in this thread.
                              I don't really care. It's a funny topic.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X