X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theBHMAguy
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I like the RBG. I know people talk shit nowadays, but as long as it’s tasteful I still like it.
    I really like my RGB. Mobo controls. Still having issues getting my cooler master to sync up to it.

Leave a comment:

• theBHMAguy
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Windows 10? C'mon man.
    I'm not gonna be Microsoft test dummy anymore than I have to.
    With that said, I cleaned up my old PC and put 11 on it. So far so good.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    I did an AMD Ryzen Build (and at the time GPUs were at their most expensive and it was hard to find the top end Ryzen CPUs) so my cost for the build was about 3600.

I would have highly suggested a liquid cooling unit for your build, but my guess is that the CM should be adequate with Intels middle cpus (and its still a good cpu). A 3070 is a good card, don't let anyone tell you different. I have a 6800xt and I paid more than I should have to get it. I don't know a lot about that case to be honest. My build was:\

CPU: r9-5900x
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix b550f
    GPU: gigabyte 6800xt
    Ram: TForce 32 gb 3600
    PS; Corsair RM 750x
    CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
    Fans: Lian Li SLI 120 RBG
    Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic (My build has 9 total fans)
    Windows 10
    Storage: Sabrent 2 TB m.2, and a WD 4 tb external

This was the final result:

I like the RBG. I know people talk shit nowadays, but as long as it’s tasteful I still like it.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by theBHMAguy View Post
    Finally got around to snagging some PC stuff back where it should be. Thanks to a coupon code I grabbed a 3070 founders for under 400. I was just going to swap it out, but decided to go ahead and build.

I can't remember what you built, was trying to find the thread.

CPU: i5-12600K
    Motherboard: Z690 Aorus Elite (gigabyte)
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 Founders
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 3600
    EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
    Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212
    Musetex ATX Case (6 fans)
    Windows 10
    Storage: PNY SSD 500 GB (X2)...these were on sale for 30 a piece recently. 2 were cheaper than a 1 TB.

I may go to a liquid cooler, but I don't overclock or anything like that so from my 3070 builds research I think I'm okay. I still primarily game on my xbox, but wanted to upgrade as mine was getting older. I was still running a GTX 970 and a mobo/cpu from about 6 years ago. Maybe longer.
    Windows 10? C'mon man.

Leave a comment:

• theBHMAguy
    replied
    Nice build. I very much considered and AMD build, but when I was looking at different CPU's, that 12600K kept showing up as "best CPU for gaming" when it came to value. Bang for your buck. Then about 3 weeks ago the 3070 Founders hit MSRP (499) and I was able to get a little over 100 bucks off so I jumped on that. On Prime day I snagged the MOBO and CPU. I could not bring myself to buy a video card until they came back to reality.

I may end up grabbing in internal SSD tomorrow. I gotta pick up the CPU (it wasn't in stock) and I may grab one. Does your internal SSD have dram?

For me, this will be a huge upgrade from what I had. I considered waiting on the 4070 (based on the leaked specs) which looks to be a big jump from the 3070, but I don't do hardcore 4K gaming and need 120 FPS. The two games I play the most are 19 and 11 years old.

Leave a comment:

• JTrain
    replied
    I did an AMD Ryzen Build (and at the time GPUs were at their most expensive and it was hard to find the top end Ryzen CPUs) so my cost for the build was about 3600.

I would have highly suggested a liquid cooling unit for your build, but my guess is that the CM should be adequate with Intels middle cpus (and its still a good cpu). A 3070 is a good card, don't let anyone tell you different. I have a 6800xt and I paid more than I should have to get it. I don't know a lot about that case to be honest. My build was:\

CPU: r9-5900x
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix b550f
    GPU: gigabyte 6800xt
    Ram: TForce 32 gb 3600
    PS; Corsair RM 750x
    CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
    Fans: Lian Li SLI 120 RBG
    Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic (My build has 9 total fans)
    Windows 10
    Storage: Sabrent 2 TB m.2, and a WD 4 tb external

This was the final result:

Leave a comment:

• theBHMAguy
    started a topic Jtrain...new PC build

Jtrain...new PC build

Finally got around to snagging some PC stuff back where it should be. Thanks to a coupon code I grabbed a 3070 founders for under 400. I was just going to swap it out, but decided to go ahead and build.

I can't remember what you built, was trying to find the thread.

CPU: i5-12600K
    Motherboard: Z690 Aorus Elite (gigabyte)
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 Founders
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 3600
    EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
    Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212
    Musetex ATX Case (6 fans)
    Windows 10
    Storage: PNY SSD 500 GB (X2)...these were on sale for 30 a piece recently. 2 were cheaper than a 1 TB.

I may go to a liquid cooler, but I don't overclock or anything like that so from my 3070 builds research I think I'm okay. I still primarily game on my xbox, but wanted to upgrade as mine was getting older. I was still running a GTX 970 and a mobo/cpu from about 6 years ago. Maybe longer.

Working...
X