Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember the last time AEW had a match end in a no contest due to interference, let alone a title one.

THat said, if you're gonna do it, you can do a hell of a lot worse than bringing in the United Empire to wreck everyone and turn things up yet another notch.

Comment

MJF no showed Fan Access and apparently has a flight leaving Vegas tonight...If its not a work, this is a pretty big deal, especially because hes supposed to put Wardlow over tomorrow night.

Comment

Anarchy in the Arena was some absolute crazy shit: New Jack style (music playing during the match), concession stand fight, arena brawl, an attempted murder. Holy fuck.

Damn good PPV so far.

Comment

In terms of match quality, its probably one of the worst AEW PPV's, BUT, it was still an excellent show. Lots of fun, some surprises, new champion, good set ups for future storylines.

Forbidden Door up next. Like I said before, fully expect Okada-Punk to be the Main. Also expect ZSJ vs. Danielson.

Comment

Didnt get it cause of the Coke, and the only match I was super pumped for was BCCLAX vs JAS. Sounded like it delivered.

Hopefully we get that Punk heel turn. Im ready to boo him.
            Last edited by Pollaski; 05-31-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
              In terms of match quality, its probably one of the worst AEW PPV's, BUT, it was still an excellent show. Lots of fun, some surprises, new champion, good set ups for future storylines.

Forbidden Door up next. Like I said before, fully expect Okada-Punk to be the Main. Also expect ZSJ vs. Danielson.
              The talk is Okada defending the IWGP title against somebody from AEW and Punk-Ospreay instead of Punk-KENTA since KENTA is not fully healed. I can't see Punk or Okada doing a job, especially in Chicago (New Japan doesn't allow it's top champion to do jobs), NO WAY IN HELL AEW is going to have Punk job in Chicago to Okada and devalue the title. It's 2022 and doing a screwy finish won't cut it. A broadway is out of the question.

I do see some mixture of talent and not just AEW vs. NJPW: LI is reforming in AEW, plus you have Chaos members in AEW. Bullet Club and Elite stuff, too.

Comment

Originally posted by nutt View Post

The talk is Okada defending the IWGP title against somebody from AEW and Punk-Ospreay instead of Punk-KENTA since KENTA is not fully healed. I can't see Punk or Okada doing a job, especially in Chicago (New Japan doesn't allow it's top champion to do jobs), NO WAY IN HELL AEW is going to have Punk job in Chicago to Okada and devalue the title. It's 2022 and doing a screwy finish won't cut it. A broadway is out of the question.

I do see some mixture of talent and not just AEW vs. NJPW: LI is reforming in AEW, plus you have Chaos members in AEW. Bullet Club and Elite stuff, too.
                Im assuming those booking the show understand title matches are not feasible if they want the audience to not know whats going to happen. Thats not to say they can't, but doing a best vs. best is the correct way to book the show. Not sure I buy O'Spreay with Punk instead of Tana/Okada. Point blank, putting the title on Punk was as much about the main event of the Forbidden Door as it is about putting it on the most popular act.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Im assuming those booking the show understand title matches are not feasible if they want the audience to not know whats going to happen. Thats not to say they can't, but doing a best vs. best is the correct way to book the show. Not sure I buy O'Spreay with Punk instead of Tana/Okada. Point blank, putting the title on Punk was as much about the main event of the Forbidden Door as it is about putting it on the most popular act.
                  I think if they don't do a lot of title matches, I realistically see maybe four: IWGP Jr, ROH Pure, IWGP-ROH Tag Winners Take All, and maybe the AEW tag titles or the TNT title.

I feel that Yuta will defend his title against somebody he lost to in BOSJ and they get Despy, if he is still the JR Champion, against somebody.

Although I'm feeling confident we'll get some sort of eight man tag involving Los Ingobernables with Andrade, Rush, and probably SANADA and Takagi against Chaos members which will include Roppongi Vice and maybe Orange Cassidy.

But yea, going with Will seems like a third choice. I still feel like we're getting Mox vs. Tanahashi and Bryan vs. Okada as the other matches under Punk vs. Ospreay.

Comment

Originally posted by nutt View Post

I think if they don't do a lot of title matches, I realistically see maybe four: IWGP Jr, ROH Pure, IWGP-ROH Tag Winners Take All, and maybe the AEW tag titles or the TNT title.

I feel that Yuta will defend his title against somebody he lost to in BOSJ and they get Despy, if he is still the JR Champion, against somebody.

Although I'm feeling confident we'll get some sort of eight man tag involving Los Ingobernables with Andrade, Rush, and probably SANADA and Takagi against Chaos members which will include Roppongi Vice and maybe Orange Cassidy.

But yea, going with Will seems like a third choice. I still feel like we're getting Mox vs. Tanahashi and Bryan vs. Okada as the other matches under Punk vs. Ospreay.
                    They've yet to discuss ROH being involved, I'd assume if they are involved they will announce it Wednesday. Im nearly 100% certain Bryan is going with ZSJ, if they give him what he wants that is. Punk has no interest in working Kenta. No doubt there will be a couple multi-man tag matches to get as much talent on the card as possible. Positive is we will know the direction of all of this tomorrow night given they have just 3 weeks to build the show. Its in Chicago, Punks closing the show. It needs to be a premier NJPW talent, of Japanese heritage IMO. Ospreay is great, but it doesn't have the same feel as Okada. There are ways to protect them both.

Comment

• Are we sure its even going to be Okada as champ at Forbidden Door? It could be a New Era in a couple of weeks.

Besides, if Punk goes over Okada in Chicago, then he probably returns the favor at either Grand Slam or Power Struggle. If he even needs to do it at all.

Comment

• Alvarez says he thinks the main event at Forbidden Door will be Punk-Tanahashi, which makes a lot more sense. No offense meant to Ospreay, but I just don't see him closing this show with Punk.

Comment

• Tanahashi-Punk is the Main Event at Forbidden Door

Comment

• MJF had his pipebomb moment

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                              Tanahashi-Punk is the Main Event at Forbidden Door
                              I cannot argue this. Like you said, it had to be Okada or Tana. I just felt Ospreay would work in that situation unless New Japan is planning for Will to win the G1.

Comment

• Was it just me or did Punk seem really off tonight? I know he had that rope slip getting in the ring but there were other moments where he just didn't seem as crisp as he normally was.

I assume since they're making an angle out of it the MJF contract situation has been resolved?

Gotta say, tonight was the first time I actually truly bought into Daniel Garcia. I was pretty apathetic about the ME and was just waiting for the end of show fireworks until he started pulling those reversals on Mox, and then I finally sat up and took notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X