Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skirt steak

I thinks there’s about two people here I’d like to hear their thoughts on but I got a bunch on the cheap. Thinking about busting it out this or next weekend.

Anyone got experience. Recipes on this cut go all over the place. Like to hear from boots on the ground folks that have cooked it.

Best skirt steak Ive had was at a Argentinian joint in LA - served with shoe-string fries covered in chimichuri - YUM

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
      I thinks there’s about two people here I’d like to hear their thoughts on but I got a bunch on the cheap. Thinking about busting it out this or next weekend.

Anyone got experience. Recipes on this cut go all over the place. Like to hear from boots on the ground folks that have cooked it.
      Marinate the fuck out of it. Then grill it quickly on high heat to about medium. Slice it thinly on a bias. Then put it on tacos. The end.

Comment

Alton Brown did a whole episode on skirt steak.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/a...ecrets-0169322

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Marinate the fuck out of it. Then grill it quickly on high heat to about medium. Slice it thinly on a bias. Then put it on tacos. The end.
          Marinate suggestion that’s not 8k Ingredients and steps?

Comment

Marinate suggestion that’s not 8k Ingredients and steps?
            Easy answer? Find a good pre-made chimichurri.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Easy answer? Find a good pre-made chimichurri.
              I can make a tomatillo salsa or chimichurri….you just have some recipes that are I am sure good but elaborate. My mom got me a cookbook for Commander’s Palace and one recipe took like 400 steps. Not always in the mood.

Comment

I can make a tomatillo salsa or chimichurri….you just have some recipes that are I am sure good but elaborate. My mom got me a cookbook for Commander’s Palace and one recipe took like 400 steps. Not always in the mood.
                Yeah. I’d shy away from anything with tomatillo as a marinade. Acid cooks the steak chemically. Add acids after cooking. Not before.

Sometimes, the best recipes are the ones that are the simplest. Skirt steak should be simple. O need for overly complex.

Comment

Working...
                X