Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2O Years Ago: Where were you on 9/11?

No one cares.

Reminding people where you were during the attacks isn't some patriotic sentiment or an effort to "never forget" (which is such a stupid saying...as if any American alive during the attack could possibly forget what happened). Its a yearly over-dramatic self indulgence by people who cannot respect the families and loved ones of those who died. No one cares where you were, no one cares what you were doing, you do not matter when it comes to this. Only those who were taken. Stop this crap, and move on.

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    No one cares.

Reminding people where you were during the attacks isn't some patriotic sentiment or an effort to "never forget" (which is such a stupid saying...as if any American alive during the attack could possibly forget what happened). Its a yearly over-dramatic self indulgence by people who cannot respect the families and loved ones of those who died. No one cares where you were, no one cares what you were doing, you do not matter when it comes to this. Only those who were taken. Stop this crap, and move on.
    Ultimately, I agree. It’s largely self-indulgent. I don’t think it’s inherently wrong to reflect on it, specifically in the way that we came together as a nation. Those times seem long gone.

Comment

All I remember is losing 5 friends. 3 Classmates and 2 of their siblings. I don't need reminders.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
        All I remember is losing 5 friends. 3 Classmates and 2 of their siblings. I don't need reminders.
        This is what really matters about 9/11. The rest is just geopolitical psychobabble. We know the reasons and we know the response. What should be remembered are all the people who died and those who went into those buildings after them.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

This is what really matters about 9/11. The rest is just geopolitical psychobabble. We know the reasons and we know the response. What should be remembered are all the people who died and those who went into those buildings after them.
          Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
            No one cares.

I was waiting for this. You and I missed our yearly 9/10 bitchfest about 9/11 this past year unfortunately

Comment

Working...
            X