Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Years Ago: Where were you on 9/11?

If this blows up into a nasty political thread or goes off topic, posts will be deleted.

But looking back at our modern history, where were you?

I was 20 years old, and on my 3rd day of marriage on my Honeymoon. I had been to the Pigeon Forge/Gatliburg area multiple times in my life, and that's where the wife and I went.
    I remember going out later that day and the next day, and that area was a ghost town. Stores/shops closed, no one out. I had never seen anything like it.

We got up that morning and I called a friend and he was like "dude, turn on the TV". When we turned it on both buildings had been hit, but neither had fell. About 5 minutes later we saw the 1st building fall.

Where were you? What were your memories?

Getting early dismissal from high school, probably because they hit New York, DC, and while I lived in the burbs my high school was just north of Center City Philly and I guess they sent us home because it’s right in between.

It was a surreal day. I have an uncle who worked in one of the not hit World Trade Center buildings.
    Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 09-09-2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Driving into Arlington, wondering why tge fuck there were armed Humvee on the expressway and F-15 aircraft doing flyovers. I think I passed by the Pentagon minutes after it was hit. I’m not sure. It was all pretty surreal. When I got to my teacher’s house, we obviously didn’t have a lesson that day. That’s where I learned the scope of what transpired on my drive in.

Comment

I was in English class, when the principal came on the intercom and announced it to the whole school. My English teacher then explained a bit about why it was important...needless to say, nothing was really done the rest of the day. The few faculty that had TVs were basically the go-to destinations for the rest of the day.

It really didnt start to click in my head the magnitude of it until we began to invade Afghanistan.

Comment

Middle school trailer, don’t remember what class but had the rolling TV stand set up watching it

Comment

Some girl's apartment and missed my bible class at Belmont. I think 9/11 had a part in me dropping out that semester because I was all-in on college then said "fuck it"

Comment

11th grade English class. My high school was new and we didn't have TVs yet so we listened to a radio with the teachers instead. I understood the magnitude of the attacks but didn't really think Tallahassee was going to be a target for terrorism despite being a capital city. My friends and I were discussing possible other targets for terrorist attacks (one of them thought Mt Rushmore for some reason for the psychological affect). I think we ended up being released early. I remember that there was a new Nsync song that debuted that morning on the radio ("Gone") that was pulled due to the attack.

Ironically 2001 coincided with the end of FSU football being good (last time we had 4+ losses was 1986) which was almost as devastating for a young samnite. FSU-UNC 2001 was pretty much the football equivalent of 9/11 for FSU and it was the first FSU game after 9/11.

Comment

LMFAO.

Comment

Fun fact, since 2009, Tennessee has had more head coaches than the number of 9/11 attacks.

Comment

I was sitting on the carpeted floor of my elementary school classroom listening to a man by the name of George W. Bush read a story. In the middle of the story a man came in and whispered something in his ear. He paused for a moment and continued the story. I am grateful because, had he left right away, I would never have known how the story ended.
                    Last edited by riker7; 09-10-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                      I was sitting on the carpeted floor of my elementary school classroom listening to a man by the name of George W. Bush read a story. In the middle of the story a man came in and whispered something in his hear. He paused for a moment and continued the story. I am grateful because, had he left right away, I would never have known how the story ended.
                      The goat dies in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

The goat dies in the end.
                        He would not, nay! Could not! with a fox.

Comment

9/11….my story?

Comment

probably shit posting on LMFAOsports.com.

but really, i was on a field trip to a prairie reserve that happened to be like 15 miles from the god damned missile silos in Nebraska. I had like a walkman on a bus so i heard on a radio about the trade center being hit and thinking oh shit, the stock markets going to be closed, but didnt understand what happened until like 5 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

He would not, nay! Could not! with a fox.
                              He would not, could not with a fox. He should not do it in a frock.

Comment

Working...
                              X