Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apartment living next to a someone who blasts their sound system.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment living next to a someone who blasts their sound system.

Just moved into a new apartment building week ago today. The building, unit, amenities, and location is fucking great especially for the price. This dumbass who lives next to me for a couple hours a day will blast his sounds system. Sometimes normal working hours (I work from home) sometimes in the evening, never woke me up, but while you have to put up with some noise in an apartment a blaring sounds system that can be heard in the hallway 4 doors down ain’t one of them.

A) why do some people just suck so much?

B) why do these shitty people ignore normal people who don’t want to complain to any authority and just knock on their door and talk about it like adults?

C) I’m running out of diplomatic solutions. If it’s war this is a war I will win.

#firsrworldproblems.

Fuck diplomatic, go straight to war with his bitch ass.

Comment

By him some airpods, tell him to wear them like a normal person in 2021 or you'll whoop his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
        Just moved into a new apartment building week ago today. The building, unit, amenities, and location is fucking great especially for the price. This dumbass who lives next to me for a couple hours a day will blast his sounds system. Sometimes normal working hours (I work from home) sometimes in the evening, never woke me up, but while you have to put up with some noise in an apartment a blaring sounds system that can be heard in the hallway 4 doors down ain’t one of them.

A) why do some people just suck so much?

B) why do these shitty people ignore normal people who don’t want to complain to any authority and just knock on their door and talk about it like adults?

C) I’m running out of diplomatic solutions. If it’s war this is a war I will win.

#firsrworldproblems.
        Devil’s advocate. By saying that there’s no good time for him to do so, be it watching a movie in 10.2 Dolby Atmos, playing a game or listening to music loudly, you’re not giving him a lot of options. In other words, where’s the compromise?

Comment

You should adopt a chimpanzee, start feeding it a mix of uppers and downers and booze and invite your neighbor over to meet your new friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Devil’s advocate. By saying that there’s no good time for him to do so, be it watching a movie in 10.2 Dolby Atmos, playing a game or listening to music loudly, you’re not giving him a lot of options. In other words, where’s the compromise?

If it’s a minor noise and I hear a bit of base during the day it’s not an issue (sometimes it’s just that, it’s annoying but it’s apartment life…though it’s hours each day) If you want to blast it at any point in the day so I can be heard down the hall you don’t live in an apartment with shared walls…end of. If you live here you can afford to buy or rent a place that has more space and blast your shot...just not in the city location you want.

If someone bangs on your door to have an adult conversation about it multiple times and you don’t answer you’re a bitch. My next step is to leave a firm but polite note and give the person a way to contact me.
            Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 09-01-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

LMFAO @ Apartment Living

Comment

Have you considered doing lots of drugs and figuring it out from there?

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
                  Fuck diplomatic, go straight to war with his bitch ass.

War is a last resort. I wrote a letter explaining the situation from my end as a next door neighbor, offered to talk it out, left my cell, and taped it to an box with a $20 acoustic sound reducing platform because this dingbat clearly didn’t even attempt to put it on a rug let alone something it should go on.

Haven’t heard shit today and the package isn’t at his door. If I get through tomorrow the same way I’ll be cautiously optimistic.

Comment

If it’s a minor noise and I hear a bit of base during the day it’s not an issue (sometimes it’s just that, it’s annoying but it’s apartment life…though it’s hours each day) If you want to blast it at any point in the day so I can be heard down the hall you don’t live in an apartment with shared walls…end of. If you live here you can afford to buy or rent a place that has more space and blast your shot...just not in the city location you want.

If someone bangs on your door to have an adult conversation about it multiple times and you don’t answer you’re a bitch. My next step is to leave a firm but polite note and give the person a way to contact me.
                    Ask to speak to his manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Ask to speak to his manager.

I asked him to speak to me so we could talk about solutions in a politely worded letter, left my number, knocked on his door when he was home a few times. He didn’t. So I wrote an email to property management and sent video of what it sounded like in my place. I’ve never done anything like this before in my life, I’m hardly a complainer. If it gets better, great. If not I’ll withhold rent. I don’t expect absolute silence, but don’t cause my walls to rattle. Pretty basic concept.

Comment

I asked him to speak to me so we could talk about solutions in a politely worded letter, left my number, knocked on his door when he was home a few times. He didn’t. So I wrote an email to property management and sent video of what it sounded like in my place. I’ve never done anything like this before in my life, I’m hardly a complainer. If it gets better, great. If not I’ll withhold rent. I don’t expect absolute silence, but don’t cause my walls to rattle. Pretty basic concept.
                        Should just beat his ass and get it over with.

Comment

People are nuts. You are more likely to be axe murdered in your sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

People are nuts. You are more likely to be axe murdered in your sleep.
                            Exactly. Wait until the music stops and you know he's asleep then BAM! With the axe. Good call.

Comment

I don’t even know who this guy is. I’ve yet to see someone walk into that apt.

Comment

Working...
                              X