Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Here’s a fun stoner fact. In college, I was on the pro circuit in the Mid-Atlantic. Playing all holes as Par 3, I was averaging around -12 per round. Good times... but again, one of the truest stoner sports out there.

I sold all of it a few years back on Craigslist, as my interest has waned. Probably a hundred discs, several bags, one with a back harness. Two portable goals. I got paid pretty well too... half of all those discs were one-of-a-kind prize discs. The rest were the all high-end material models I used in tournaments.

My best shot was playing Castle Hayne down in the asshole of North Carolina. I aced a 420’ hole that was supposed to be a par 5... but, in tournament play was again a par three. We looked everywhere for my disc before another competitor noticed it was in the basket. That shot won me a cool $200, which paid for the trip. Ended up finishing fifth, which for that group, was something.
    There's some decent money in the pro tour now for what I always considered a more enjoyable get intoxicated afternoon sport. Plus, it's actually more of a work out than golf as well. I miss not working for companies that drug test.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

There's some decent money in the pro tour now for what I always considered a more enjoyable get intoxicated afternoon sport. Plus, it's actually more of a work out than golf as well. I miss not working for companies that drug test.
      Yeah. It’s definitely more of a workout than golf. And, I’ve played some pretty athletic courses in terms of elevation changes. Some of the private courses have become works of art.

One of those is in Suffolk, Virginia. Peanut country. The first hole is 750’, with a giant hill on the left side... just to fuck with you, if you slice it. This asshole knew that, if you sliced it, it would almost always result in a roller. Which sounds great, as that’s how you get the crazy distance. But, those rollers usually ended in the MOTHER FUCKING MOAT he built around the basket, which sat upon a dome that was about 6’ up, atop an elevated mound.

Another nightmare hole is in Thornburg, VA. There is no fairway. The basket is in a tiny clearing of dense woods. A circuitous path winds through, lined with yard gnomes. Seriously. This course was designed to be played on shrooms. Also, I’m pretty sure that’s why this guy has cows. But yeah. You have to throw a roller. Which is a particularly hard shot to master.

The absolute coolest hole I played was driving off a cliff, onto another cliff, where there’s a basket, likewise surrounded by cliffs. It’s a peninsula. It’s a majestic outlook. Also. This is Hole 15. Which is weird, because it comes after Hole 3. Why? Because, you have to get all the way back up to the other side. By the time you’ve reached this hole, you’re exhausted. And, you’re likely looking at a dozen or so discs... from the lucky ones who didn’t lose their drive into the gorge. It’s just sort of an unwritten hippy disc golf culture that you don’t steal someone’s disc here. You find yours, make your putt, and move on. Unless it’s a really nice disc. Then you steal it. And, if that’s that case, don’t get caught... as my friend did. Because, he is an asshole. And, he just HAD to use that disc for hole 18. The owner just said thanks. He was probably so stoned he thought my asshole friend was just returning it.

Comment

Looks like you fixed that.
        I'm here to help

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Fres fixes everything. Were you around for the "once you go black, only Fres brings you back" meme around here.
          I carry my Snicker Licker Conversion Kit everywhere I go

Comment

I've probably spent $100 on fidget spinners on there.

Comment

My dumbest purchase to date is I just bought a 9 year old a $300 bat

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                My dumbest purchase to date is I just bought a 9 year old a $300 bat
                worth it

You bought it on Amazon, though?

Was that a better deal than direct?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

worth it

You bought it on Amazon, though?

Was that a better deal than direct?
                  Yes, plus I have an Amazon card that give me 5% off that I pay off monthly

https://www.amazon.com/Marucci-Senio...s%2C204&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Yes, plus I have an Amazon card that give me 5% off that I pay off monthly

https://www.amazon.com/Marucci-Senio...s%2C204&sr=8-1
                    good deal

great bat.

Comment

Also, it’s garbage. I bought a bottle years ago. It’s a lot of pure cap. No flavor. Just heat. The shit I make now torches it. But tastes good doing so. Pure fermented Reaper mash and a few other things.
                      I wasn’t going to spend 15 bucks on a bottle of hot sauce when I think I’ve been on the two generic ones I have for like a year. I do like some different flavored ones on occasion but being miserable is not my kink.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

I wasn’t going to spend 15 bucks on a bottle of hot sauce when I think I’ve been on the two generic ones I have for like a year. I do like some different flavored ones on occasion but being miserable is not my kink.
                        I like gastronomic bungee jumping. But, I want it to have flavor. My current hot sauce is insanely hot. I fermented 50 or so Reapers for 6 months with honey, cranberry, garlic, shallots and pineapple. But don’t worry. It’s not sweet. Because 50 Reapers, while a very sweet pepper, are still 50 Reapers.

As I blended the mash, I reincorporated some of the brine and a bit of apple cider vinegar. After that, I added about 10 freeze dried Reapers. This gave the sauce a bit of viscosity, and really concentrated the flavor of fresh Reaper.

It’s not just hot, it’s arguably Last Dab hot. I think it’s hotter. At this point, it really doesn’t matter, as both are fuck you hot with actual flavor... which you taste for about three seconds.

Comment

The weirdest shit i bought was Japanese mayo because Sam the Cooking Guy uses it in practically everything...

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Japan...81THHNFZ&psc=1

I mean, it wasnt bad...just a weird purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                            The weirdest shit i bought was Japanese mayo because Sam the Cooking Guy uses it in practically everything...

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Japan...81THHNFZ&psc=1

I mean, it wasnt bad...just a weird purchase.
                            I can’t do Mayo. In any form.

Comment

Working...
                            X