Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Been to Egypt?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone Been to Egypt?

    It's crazy fucking cheap to stay there...I mean, <$200 for a 2400 sq ft Hilton suite...Getting there from the States still costs a few bucks...

    All those minor details aside, I'm starting to plan my summer vacation, so it's time to open up the "when I was there" portal once again...And, this time it's for Egypt.


    GO

  • #2
    How accessible for a normal person during Covid is it? Have you been to Morocco? That’s a bucket list place for me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
      How accessible for a normal person during Covid is it? Have you been to Morocco? That’s a bucket list place for me.
      Morocco is preferred, but there's more shit to keep the kids happy in Egypt...

      From what I'm seeing, a PCR test within 48 hours, or upon arrival, and then chill...

      Egypt is cheaper than Morocco right now, so that's why it jumped to the top of my list...Today's list, that is. My travel ADHD is all over the map, especially as I pound vodka and pineapple juice...

      Comment


      • #4
        Does playing Assassin's Creed Origins count?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

          Morocco is preferred, but there's more shit to keep the kids happy in Egypt...

          From what I'm seeing, a PCR test within 48 hours, or upon arrival, and then chill...

          Egypt is cheaper than Morocco right now, so that's why it jumped to the top of my list...Today's list, that is. My travel ADHD is all over the map, especially as I pound vodka and pineapple juice...
          Wait, you have multiple kids now? Are we talking Antonio Cromartie? I thought you had one.

          Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by samnite View Post
            Does playing Assassin's Creed Origins count?
            I've killed many men in Egypt myself

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by samnite View Post
              Does playing Assassin's Creed Origins count?
              I dont see how it couldnt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by samnite View Post
                Does playing Assassin's Creed Origins count?
                What JTrain said.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                  Wait, you have multiple kids now? Are we talking Antonio Cromartie? I thought you had one.

                  Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk


                  Two sons. For the better part of a decade.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, a long time ago. Before the Arab spring, so things may have changed a lot. I went in January, so temps...while still walking in the surface of the sun it wasn't completely unbearable. Unfortunately, it was more a field trip for college than anything else so I didn't do a lot of social things. Aside from two nights in Cairo, we mostly spent time at the archeological sites. Mostly walking around the sites with Egyptian archeologists showing us their active excavations. I don't regret my method fir going there...seeing the great pyramids was a bucket list item and I got the most access possible by going this way. I wish I had done it more as a vacation instead of college credit grab.

                    Things I saw that moght assist you. Tye majority of the sites that are famous, are on the banks of the nile. There are a ton of touring boat rides, I'm not sure of the name, but one of the companies offered something similar to the Red Bus Lines in NYC. The ones that let you off and you can jump on the next bus coming through the area, which lets you spend more time at a place if you want too.

                    Wish I could give you more details.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
                      Yes, a long time ago. Before the Arab spring, so things may have changed a lot. I went in January, so temps...while still walking in the surface of the sun it wasn't completely unbearable. Unfortunately, it was more a field trip for college than anything else so I didn't do a lot of social things. Aside from two nights in Cairo, we mostly spent time at the archeological sites. Mostly walking around the sites with Egyptian archeologists showing us their active excavations. I don't regret my method fir going there...seeing the great pyramids was a bucket list item and I got the most access possible by going this way. I wish I had done it more as a vacation instead of college credit grab.

                      Things I saw that moght assist you. Tye majority of the sites that are famous, are on the banks of the nile. There are a ton of touring boat rides, I'm not sure of the name, but one of the companies offered something similar to the Red Bus Lines in NYC. The ones that let you off and you can jump on the next bus coming through the area, which lets you spend more time at a place if you want too.

                      Wish I could give you more details.
                      nice. thanks

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X