Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think? (Music-related)

I know prog rock, or whatever subgenre one chooses, isn't the most popular style of music, but I'm still curious what folks in this group might think about this band.

You won't hurt my feelings if you don't like it...Shit, I don't like all of it...I'm just curious how others feel about this style of rock, and, maybe even how they feel about this band's interpretation of sound.

The bass player sings like he has Tourette’s.

Comment

I think, that with a more talented singer and a good sound tech, there could be something there. The main vocals are flat and overblown by; either total lack of, or a good sound tech to balance the vocals to the music a little better.

Lyrics weren't bad and the music was pretty good though.

Comment

I don't know why all this thrash metal sounds very white power to me....but it does.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
          I think, that with a more talented singer and a good sound tech, there could be something there. The main vocals are flat and overblown by; either total lack of, or a good sound tech to balance the vocals to the music a little better.

Lyrics weren't bad and the music was pretty good though.
          Interesting take

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
            The bass player sings like he has Tourette’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Interesting take
              Sorry, I spent a lot of time with my cousin (the guy who works in the music industry as a tour manager) recently. He played me a bunch of unreleased demos and asked me to listen through them with him. When doing this with him, instead of just saying I don't like something musically, I listen a couple of times to see what could be done that would make me like it. It takes a while for me to stop listening that way and go back to just turning a song off if I my initial reaction is I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Sorry, I spent a lot of time with my cousin (the guy who works in the music industry as a tour manager) recently. He played me a bunch of unreleased demos and asked me to listen through them with him. When doing this with him, instead of just saying I don't like something musically, I listen a couple of times to see what could be done that would make me like it. It takes a while for me to stop listening that way and go back to just turning a song off if I my initial reaction is I don't like it.
                Fair enough.

Just an interesting take considering a couple of the guys in that OP video are sound engineers.

Comment

Fair enough.

Just an interesting take considering a couple of the guys in that OP video are sound engineers.
                  It doesn't show. Maybe it's the video quality, but the music washes out the majority of the lyrics. I think I was able to make out maybe 5 in 7 of the lyrics from the lead vocalist the first time through. I was able to pick up more on subsequent listens.

Comment

Fair enough.

Sound engineers, not musicians, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

Sound engineers, not musicians, obviously.

Comment

Fair enough.

Okay. First thoughts, the sound is indeed out of balance. My first instinct is to first blame the acoustics. But, apparently this was in a sound studio.

So, there’s not a clear delineation between the percussion, the guitars (and really, even between guitars) and the vocals, which are out of tune to begin with, having the effect of starting small fires everywhere unison octave lines are to be found. Their diction is also out of sync. It’s subtle, but the higher voice is rushing things ever so slightly. It’s clear they’ve never slowed the piece down to work on their unison attacks. Or tuning. Again, this is not good.

The bass guitar part is almost an afterthought, being completely drowned out by the other players. Which is probably fine, as it doesn’t sound particularly inspiring anyhow.

Overall, this sounds like a bunch of guys who like to jam out in their basements to obnoxiously loud guitar, with loud drums, and who aren’t really concerned with the lyrics being subordinate to their guitars. Or, the fact that tuning seems but a mere suggestion.

I fast-forwarded this ten minutes. The tuning is even worse. If they’re selling this as a professional product, I suggest they simultaneously give bartending a serious look.

Comment

Also, not for nothing, they should rebrand as Hum Infinitum.

Comment

Working...
                          X