Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can service dogs be petted?

Every time I’ve witnessed someone with a dog with a vest they always have that “do not pet” patches on them. Makes sense because they’re well trained animals that are performing a service to the person in need.

I leave a grocery store this morning and there’s a guy in front of me with a tiny pug looking thing with the service dog vest on. He walks out and two cute women are walking in and start with the “ohhhhhh mmmmmmyyyyyy Goooodddddddd” while getting down and playing and petting the dog. Dude just hams it out and and let’s them play with them.

Is this guy full of shit and just faked some disorder to play the “new puppy at the park” thing 24/7 or can some service dogs be normal dogs and get scratches and play and whatnot?

Airlines have decided that most of these people are full of shit:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/emotion...ee-11613570234

Given a green light from the Transportation Department, airlines have banned so-called emotional-support animals from cabins, making it more complicated—and more expensive—for pets to fly with their owners.

Say goodbye to Great Danes with red “ESA” vests—or cats, ferrets, spiders and pigs, for that matter. Trained service dogs, and only dogs, are allowed to fly free uncaged, and that includes dogs trained to help with physical limitations as well as psychiatric service dogs.

Service-dog owners have to sign statements on federal forms verifying their dog’s training, health and behavior and potentially face fines for false statements. They also have to name the service-dog trainer or training organization and acknowledge the rule that if the dog barks, jumps or otherwise misbehaves it will be treated as a pet, sent to cargo and fees will be collected. Officials think the federal form will discourage cheaters.

Comment

I always thought the "do not pet" rule is for breaking in a new sevice animal to a new owner?

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
        I always thought the "do not pet" rule is for breaking in a new sevice animal to a new owner?
        The guy looked like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket and wearing wearing a too tight tshirt when he had a big gut. He probably had a van with “free candy” spray painted on the side around the corner

Comment

Working...
        X