• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canedude08
    replied
    Revenge of the Nerds
    Animal House

Then again, you can remove the rape scenes out of those movies and they would still be damn good. You would have to have Betty realize that Lewis was "Talented" some other way. Maybe reverse it, have her learn by setting up running a raid on Tri Lamb, and her walking in on him in the shower...

The problem is that comedies aren't profit centers, most are unexpected successes. Even Revenge of the Nerds was expected to be a money loser, they let it get made because they needed a writeoff due to a Star Wars movie being so big. They didn't release it wide until later on, the executive in charge actually got fired behind their failure to push that movie.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Tropic Thunder.

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    I glanced at twitter for some reason and someone brought up the topic of “any topic that’d be ignored on election night” and someone posted

https://twitter.com/brianhoyt24/stat...83421265649665

Is there anyone that hates allllll Tarantino movies? I don’t care for all by any means but damn. Also being said.....who in Hollywood has the license to make odd shit that the Oscars shit on but still uses a list celebs and make money?

Leave a comment:

• DynastyFSU2
    replied
    Leonard part 6

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Originally posted by Gyle View Post
    It's a beautiful tribute to the state of Ohio
    For what Brand of Brothers was in terms of accuracy and depiction of what WWII, Gummo is the benchmark for life in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• Gyle
    replied
    It's a beautiful tribute to the state of Ohio

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    If you love Gummo......your name should be on a list somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Gyle
    replied
    Gummo

Leave a comment:

• boomie
    replied
    Anything that's not a comic book remake or based on a true story.

No such thing as original screenplays anymore, if it can't make money in China, studios wont touch them.

Ferris Bueller, Animal House, Airplane, Naked Gun, any sort of original comedy won't get made anymore.

Thank God for DVD's, Blu-Rays, and Streaming.

Leave a comment:

• Fresneck
    replied
    American History X

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
    Nothing I like would be made today because there’s nothing but dumb Oscar movies or comic book franchises.

The R rated comedy? RIP.

The Avengers Part 19 The Return of the Prequel of the Marvel vs DC alliance now featuring the crab from the little mermaid.....
    Yeah. Most of the shit we get today is to movies what fireworks are for the Fourth. They’re fun but forgettable. Every once in a while, you get something amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

It was literally remade last year

EDIT: Turns out it was a sequel
    I was joking. If I’m being serious, most anything Mel Brooks. I suppose Song of the South never gets made today but I barely remember it. Hmm... maybe an Eddie Murphy movie or two?

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Nothing I like would be made today because there’s nothing but dumb Oscar movies or comic book franchises.

The R rated comedy? RIP.

The Avengers Part 19 The Return of the Prequel of the Marvel vs DC alliance now featuring the crab from the little mermaid.....

Leave a comment:

• Fresneck
    replied
    Originally posted by Deschet View Post
    Shaft... he’s one bad mother...
    It was literally remade last year

EDIT: Turns out it was a sequel
    Last edited by Fresneck; 10-30-2020, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Shaft... he’s one bad mother...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X