Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont

#suckmyvote

Every fucking thread is about politics...

So, yeah...I'm looking at a short getaway this winter while I'm back in the States, and I was thinking of heading up there...Cheap flights, crazy cheap hotels. Guaranteed (almost) snow on the ground.

Anyone have any experience up that way with skiing and whatnot? I haven't ever been on skis, and I haven't been on a snowboard in ~15 years. Should be fun, right?!?

I figure after leaving Africahot and then going 'norkelin' and cave diving with the family in tropical climates, what better way to really appreciate winter than bad accents, Subarus, knit caps, and frozen white stuff?

Stowe is usually a winner. Don't worry, its like riding a bike. You'll pick it up in about 3 seconds.

https://www.stowe.com/-/media/stowe/...lmap18_19.ashx

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
      #suckmyvote

Every fucking thread is about politics...

So, yeah...I'm looking at a short getaway this winter while I'm back in the States, and I was thinking of heading up there...Cheap flights, crazy cheap hotels. Guaranteed (almost) snow on the ground.

Anyone have any experience up that way with skiing and whatnot? I haven't ever been on skis, and I haven't been on a snowboard in ~15 years. Should be fun, right?!?

I figure after leaving Africahot and then going 'norkelin' and cave diving with the family in tropical climates, what better way to really appreciate winter than bad accents, Subarus, knit caps, and frozen white stuff?
      If skiing is your thing, you're better off out west. I'd recommend Boise or Boseman. Still affordable flights and there are a lot of smaller ski resorts in those areas that are decent and affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

If skiing is your thing, you're better off out west. I'd recommend Boise or Boseman. Still affordable flights and there are a lot of smaller ski resorts in those areas that are decent and affordable.
        If it was just me, I'd be going to Montana...It's my whole family, and that starts adding up. Originally we were planning Denver, and we still might, but Vermont is crazy cheap, so I figured I'd start gathering more info.

I'm really just hoping for some early base in the Appalachians (apple at chins) so I can just drive up...But, the Famers Almanac suggests otherwise.

Comment

We got snow last night. At least 5 inches.

Comment

If it was just me, I'd be going to Montana...It's my whole family, and that starts adding up. Originally we were planning Denver, and we still might, but Vermont is crazy cheap, so I figured I'd start gathering more info.

I'm really just hoping for some early base in the Appalachians (apple at chins) so I can just drive up...But, the Famers Almanac suggests otherwise.
            Ah yeah, that would get expensive. Ive found round trip flights into Boise for less than 400 though which is surprising. Unfortunately my flight into IF is 800. I couldn't do that if it was more than me and my girl this Christmas lol.

Comment

Ah yeah, that would get expensive. Ive found round trip flights into Boise for less than 400 though which is surprising. Unfortunately my flight into IF is 800. I couldn't do that if it was more than me and my girl this Christmas lol.
              Fly to SLC. It is close enough to IDF.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                Fly to SLC. It is close enough to IDF.
                It's not enough cheaper to justify the rental car for 10 days. There's only a 500 dollar difference in tickets and the rental car was gonna be 600.

Comment

Right now it's $306 for regular seats into Boise...I found First/Business into Burlington for ~$400...

That's where my interest in Vermont originated.

I don't mind flying regular, but life is just so much easier when you're treated like a human sitting up front. And, with kids and my aging dad, that peace of mind goes a long way.

Comment

Right now it's $306 for regular seats into Boise...I found First/Business into Burlington for ~$400...

That's where my interest in Vermont originated.

I don't mind flying regular, but life is just so much easier when you're treated like a human sitting up front. And, with kids and my aging dad, that peace of mind goes a long way.
                    I normally fly first, but I will save the money if I can get the new exit row seats. There's no seat in front of you which suits my lanky frame better than 1st class lol.

Comment

I normally fly first, but I will save the money if I can get the new exit row seats. There's no seat in front of you which suits my lanky frame better than 1st class lol.
                      Thankfully I'm not that tall

I definitely prefer sitting up front, and with my family, it's premium econ or higher, no matter what...Which is why I base our destinations on where I can get the most bang for the buck. I know I'll be set in regard to hotel points, but airfare is often the deciding factor. And, the whole airport experience is a fucking joke in the US and UK, so it just makes sense to pay a little extra to get all my cats wrangled and in the right spot...One plus for Heathrow (I'm unsure about other UK airports) is they have a family line. It's not much faster, but it moves in chunks, so that's a huge help.

I'm not the "Oh, American ______ sucks", but as someone that travels through dozens of international airports annually, I can calmly, willingly, and with an educated opinion state US airports suck eleven stages of donkey dick.

Comment

Sidenote --> Heading to Denver was also gonna' be a happy trip, and I just realized earlier today that it's also legal in Vermont. God bless progress.

Comment

Thankfully I'm not that tall

I definitely prefer sitting up front, and with my family, it's premium econ or higher, no matter what...Which is why I base our destinations on where I can get the most bang for the buck. I know I'll be set in regard to hotel points, but airfare is often the deciding factor. And, the whole airport experience is a fucking joke in the US and UK, so it just makes sense to pay a little extra to get all my cats wrangled and in the right spot...One plus for Heathrow (I'm unsure about other UK airports) is they have a family line. It's not much faster, but it moves in chunks, so that's a huge help.

I'm not the "Oh, American ______ sucks", but as someone that travels through dozens of international airports annually, I can calmly, willingly, and with an educated opinion state US airports suck eleven stages of donkey dick.
                          You're not wrong. Heathrow is one of the more efficient airports I've been in; especially when compared to places like Orlando, SLC, and Atlanta. Though maybe it's because I'm in those airports 10 to 15 times a year. I will say this though, there's a restaurant in SLC (E terminal iirc, the one for the regional flights), that has the best chili I've ever had from a restaurant.

Comment

You're not wrong. Heathrow is one of the more efficient airports I've been in; especially when compared to places like Orlando, SLC, and Atlanta. Though maybe it's because I'm in those airports 10 to 15 times a year. I will say this though, there's a restaurant in SLC (E terminal iirc, the one for the regional flights), that has the best chili I've ever had from a restaurant.
                            Hopefully that place is still there next time you go through with all their turnover and changes to modernize...I don't fly Delta, so it's unlikely I'll ever go through there.

Comment

Working...
                            X