Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of Activision

And I say Activision and not Activision-Blizzard because pretty much all remnants of the old Blizzard are gone. They’ve taken control of their properties, but the talent that made them what they are has moved on.

Call of Duty is firmly in diminishing returns territory, Shadowlands has been delayed and appears to be a mess, support is ending for Starcraft 2, and hype for Overwatch 2/Diablo 4 is spotty. Anyone else think this company is in serious trouble over the long term?

Its time for Activision to go back to the basics of what truly made it great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
      Its time for Activision to go back to the basics of what truly made it great.

Solid game

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Solid game
        Honestly preferred it to Twisted Metal.

What you could do with that premise on a PS4...

But no, lets just make a 22nd Call of Duty or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

Honestly preferred it to Twisted Metal.

What you could do with that premise on a PS4...

But no, lets just make a 22nd Call of Duty or whatever.
          Activision is unironically ran by accountants and douche bags who both don’t know shit about games and don’t care to learn. Can’t wait for them and EA to inevitably collapse when the creators in the industry stop playing ball with them entirely.

Comment

Before Call of Duty became a diminished AAA release, it was solid. Then they had to make annual releases and then...yea, watered down version and micro transactions within... especially when it started being known that the disc was coming pre-loaded with the DLC content you paid an additional $30 for, you just got fucked.

Comment

Solid game

Comment

Activision is unironically ran by accountants and douche bags who both don’t know shit about games and don’t care to learn. Can’t wait for them and EA to inevitably collapse when the creators in the industry stop playing ball with them entirely.
                EA will probably never go away because they have perfected the art of the microtransaction slot machine between Madden and FIFA......and the art of having a built in group of idiots who still continuously buy the shitty end product.

Comment

The last Madden game I bought was 04... NCAA was Obannoned before EA fully implemented their ultimate team bullshit into it (though it was starting to get put in).

But when EA fucked up Battlefield, I was tapped out. I started delving deeper into steam and finding excellent games for cheaper and none of the microtransaction bullshit.

Lately I've been hitting the Paradox train and deep diving EU4, HOI, CK, and Stellaris. The DLC investment is deep and I know some dont like the grand strategy aspext, but damn these games are (mostly) great return on investment if you are willing to bear with the learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                    The last Madden game I bought was 04... NCAA was Obannoned before EA fully implemented their ultimate team bullshit into it (though it was starting to get put in).

But when EA fucked up Battlefield, I was tapped out. I started delving deeper into steam and finding excellent games for cheaper and none of the microtransaction bullshit.

Lately I've been hitting the Paradox train and deep diving EU4, HOI, CK, and Stellaris. The DLC investment is deep and I know some dont like the grand strategy aspext, but damn these games are (mostly) great return on investment if you are willing to bear with the learning curve.
                    Yeah, I love the idea of 4X but I simply don’t have the patience to learn how to play those games. I’m good with SC2.

Comment

Working...
                    X