Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mom had a stroke

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I wish your family the best, bellefay.

    Comment


    • #32
      God rest her soul.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
        My mom died this afternoon. I was peaceful with it. She’s suffered for so long with chemotherapy, I’m glad she’s in a better place.
        Like others have said, sorry for your loss man. At least she is not suffering in pain now. Best wishes to your family.

        Comment


        • #34
          I appreciate the kind words.

          We dealt with everything then watched the Braves game with her sister. Actually got to sleep for once. All this with Covid-19 is interesting but thankfully she had most of her end of life stuff in order. I’m the executor for her estate so if anyone has any suggestions for that, let me know.

          Again, thanks. We’ve all eknown or actually know each other for years so I’m sincere when I say this.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
            I appreciate the kind words.

            We dealt with everything then watched the Braves game with her sister. Actually got to sleep for once. All this with Covid-19 is interesting but thankfully she had most of her end of life stuff in order. I’m the executor for her estate so if anyone has any suggestions for that, let me know.

            Again, thanks. We’ve all eknown or actually know each other for years so I’m sincere when I say this.
            Do you have siblings?

            Comment


            • #36
              I’m sorry for your loss.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by daCat View Post

                Do you have siblings?
                sister

                Comment


                • #38
                  So sorry bellefay. Hope you guys are doing alright.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Sorry to hear this man.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I'm so sorry to hear this, man. I'm glad she's no longer suffering. I remember my mom's last few weeks and the relief we felt as a family when she didn't have to hurt anymore, and I'm hopeful your family feels something similar as you honor her memory, grieve, reminisce, etc.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        My mom worked for a school and a school district for over 25 years. They take care of their own. It’s been a week since she died but here’s the list I’ve made of food brought to me or my family.

                        Homemade

                        Chicken chili
                        Chicken pot pie
                        Lasagana.
                        Chicken bake with brand new rice. and a pie
                        More pies

                        Delivered.

                        We have a thing here called Instead of Flowers. It’s a chef prepared meal delivered. Got three of those.
                        Got some weird frozen soup and rolls via ups. It was good but the packaging felt like it cost like some Omaha steaks.

                        Brought over....Jesus....

                        Prime Rib with potatoes and asparagus.
                        bourbon salmon with rice and desert
                        bbq Pork platter with sides
                        Bbq brisket
                        So fucking much honey baked ham stuff.

                        It’s odd because you get emotional at random times and not feel like eating then it’s like damn.

                        I’m going to need some salads and runs for a while.

                        Comment


                        • #42

                          A16DD2D5-C1D8-414D-BE3E-515ED53F4DFB.jpeg My mom when I took her to a Falcons game last year.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                            A16DD2D5-C1D8-414D-BE3E-515ED53F4DFB.jpeg My mom when I took her to a Falcons game last year.
                            That's awesome.

                            One of my biggest regrets with my dad before he passed was never getting to go to a Vols game with him.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Bellefay --> Thank you for sharing all this with us. I cannot imagine what you're feeling, and I wish I could offer more than words of sympathy and empathy.

                              However, I appreciate your sense of community. There are still a few of us that look at a few others as being members of a community with shared interests, and in the case of a few of us - you and me, included - some shared moments. It's refreshing to see you opening up about all this and sharing, instead of closing up and boiling over. Of all places, at that.

                              If there's anything you need, don't hesitate.




                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                                My mom worked for a school and a school district for over 25 years. They take care of their own. It’s been a week since she died but here’s the list I’ve made of food brought to me or my family.

                                Homemade

                                Chicken chili
                                Chicken pot pie
                                Lasagana.
                                Chicken bake with brand new rice. and a pie
                                More pies

                                Delivered.

                                We have a thing here called Instead of Flowers. It’s a chef prepared meal delivered. Got three of those.
                                Got some weird frozen soup and rolls via ups. It was good but the packaging felt like it cost like some Omaha steaks.

                                Brought over....Jesus....

                                Prime Rib with potatoes and asparagus.
                                bourbon salmon with rice and desert
                                bbq Pork platter with sides
                                Bbq brisket
                                So fucking much honey baked ham stuff.

                                It’s odd because you get emotional at random times and not feel like eating then it’s like damn.

                                I’m going to need some salads and runs for a while.
                                When my father-in-law died the food was amazing. The little SW Georgia church he attended went all out and fed a very large family for 3 or 4 days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X