Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
    I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately there won’t be a rehab process. Between the cancer and the severity of the stroke, they’re going to put her in in home hospice.

It was tough seeing her today but she knows who I am and would squeeze my hand and try to speak when I would be bedside with her.

Call your mom if she’s still with you tonight.

That’s horrible news. Positive thoughts sent for whatever it’s worth.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately there won’t be a rehab process. Between the cancer and the severity of the stroke, they’re going to put her in in home hospice.

It was tough seeing her today but she knows who I am and would squeeze my hand and try to speak when I would be bedside with her.

Really sorry to hear that Bellefay. Nothing any of us can really say to make this better or easier, but if you need to vent we are here for you (not that this is a good place for that...or any interaction with human beings at all...)

Comment

Sending positivity your way. Hoping for all the best.

Comment

Sorry to hear man. Is she able to get nutrition by mouth safely or is her swallowing affected by the stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post

Sorry to hear man. Is she able to get nutrition by mouth safely or is her swallowing affected by the stroke?
            Tube right now. Tbd. Talking with hospice tomorrow.

Just FaceTimed her via the nurse. Her vocal ability is better. She’s so frustrated trying to speak.

Comment

Just FaceTimed her via the nurse. Her vocal ability is better. She’s so frustrated trying to speak.
              I don't know the extent of her cancer and functional capacity in terms of her ability to do normal daily life activities but if she is able to get adequate nutrition and has the strength to do rehab then I would try it. If it seems like too much for her to handle in terms of pain and stress on her body then probably not do it. Is she able to somehow indicate her own wishes?

Comment

When my grandfather had his stroke, we found he could write his ideas alot better than trying to speak, for the first few weeks afterwards. We got him a little whiteboard and it became easier to communicate. Prayers for your family.

Comment

My mom died this afternoon. I was peaceful with it. She’s suffered for so long with chemotherapy, I’m glad she’s in a better place.

Comment

My mom died this afternoon. I was peaceful with it. She’s suffered for so long with chemotherapy, I’m glad she’s in a better place.
                    Oh man, I am so so sorry for your loss. RIP.

Comment

Sorry man, best wishes to your family... I know this is tough to go through

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad's death hurt more than mom's. He was lucid right up to the last, mom had Alzheimer's. So for her the feelings were a mixture of loss and relief.

Either way, it leaves a hole deep in the soul. God speed.

Comment

I’m so sorry man.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Bellefay.

Comment

Awful to hear, I wish you and your family the best.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Bellefaye. Take care, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X