Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom had a stroke

Any positive thoughts or prayers would be cool.

If anyone does remember, she’s been going through chemo since early 2019. I went with her last week at the oncologist for fluids. Life can change quickly.

Sad to hear that. My mom had a mini-stroke - TIA some years ago. Luckily it didn't affect her in any way. She's still sharp as a tack and her memory is amazing.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, I've been down the same road with my dad. Don't worry as hope is not lost, my dad fully recovered from his first one and he could barely talk. They said that you know what you have after 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
        Any positive thoughts or prayers would be cool.

If anyone does remember, she’s been going through chemo since early 2019. I went with her last week at the oncologist for fluids. Life can change quickly.
        What kind of cancer is she treating?

Comment

Hopefully they caught it in time to reverse much of the adverse effects. Keep your chin up.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

What kind of cancer is she treating?
            Colon.

Comment

Words are empty in situations like these, but know we're all pulling for your family to have the best possible outcome

Comment

Done.

Comment

What Fres said. Positive thoughts and vibes to your mom and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                    Words are empty in situations like these, but know we're all pulling for your family to have the best possible outcome
                    He just needs to understand that her life isn't guaranteed to be over, people make full recoveries from this. I've seen it happen twice.

Comment

Colon.
                      So Im going in for my colon cancer screening in 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

He just needs to understand that her life isn't guaranteed to be over, people make full recoveries from this. I've seen it happen twice.
                        Yep precisely - my mom has made an almost complete recovery from her TIA. She will need to work hard if any motor or speech functions have been affected.

Comment

Good luck to her in the rehab process.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately there won’t be a rehab process. Between the cancer and the severity of the stroke, they’re going to put her in in home hospice.

It was tough seeing her today but she knows who I am and would squeeze my hand and try to speak when I would be bedside with her.

Call your mom if she’s still with you tonight.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately there won’t be a rehab process. Between the cancer and the severity of the stroke, they’re going to put her in in home hospice.

It was tough seeing her today but she knows who I am and would squeeze my hand and try to speak when I would be bedside with her.

Call your mom if she’s still with you tonight.
                              Noooo!!! Don't say it so Bellefay. May I ask how old is mom?

Comment

Working...
                              X