Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How’s your weight during the pandemic?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
    Couple things...Intermittent fasting, or, what should be called: eating like humans have throughout existence before the middle of the 20th century, works. Because your body SHOULD always be in a burning state when you eat for sustenance. As someone that loves and appreciates decadent eating, I understand the hypocrisy. That's why I train. But, if you follow a solid/restricted intake plan combined with IF, you're going to lose weight...Plain and simple. The body burns fat to survive, and that's the basic shit we've all known our entire lives.

    Sucking down rice filled baked potatoes stuffed in a bread bowl served on a bed of noodles...That's a problem. "I'm fueling"...no...Unless you're an elite athlete, there's really no need for over 100 grams of carbs a day if you're actually trying to lose weight. Some can argue, and there are variations to numbers, but that's a simple number...And, most fucks don't get close to enough fiber with those carbs.

    Water...If you're not drinking (at least) a gallon a day, you're not trying.

    I'm down over 50 from where I started, and it's the easiest shit in the world...A few fasts here and there. Heavy weights. Walking. Lower carbs...But, I'm not killing myself. If I tried, I'd probably be down closer to 210, which is about what I was when I left the Corps...I was considerably bigger, muscle-wise, in those days, so the numbers are applied quite different. But, just yesterday I sucked down a pizza and five beers on a chill day, after missing most this week's workouts after my diverticulitis flared up and my week was fucked. Back at it with wreckless abandon next week...I found what works for me, and I stick to it most days, and I don't get down on things if I miss a day. Shit happens...I'm also training twice a day during the week, so I can make up for these past two broken weeks in no time. #hashtagpositivevibesandshit

    I could use a few less drinks, but a man has to be able to sleep once in a while. Booze is a huge negative on the body, but it's that or pills to help me sleep...Easy choice. Plus, since I'm not really allowed to have any, I get to feel like a badass for 30 minutes as I'm winding down my days

    Also...I know we're not supposed to...But, fat shaming fucking works. It causes reflection and questioning. Don't be a dick to a stranger, but motivate your friends to not be fat fucking slobs. I wish mine did more of it as I continued closing in on that magic three bill mark. Thankfully, I never reached it, but I easily could have with a few more months of bullshit.
    All very well said. I bust my friends balls about their weight constantly and mock the shit out of them if they don’t exercise on the regular. I don’t really care WHAT you’re doing, but if you’re not physically ill, you should be active to some extent. One friend of mine runs a lot, a few of them weight train, and a few are outdoors guys. Whatever works best for you, do it, but there’s no excuse to sit on your ass and become a blob.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

      All very well said. I bust my friends balls about their weight constantly and mock the shit out of them if they don’t exercise on the regular. I don’t really care WHAT you’re doing, but if you’re not physically ill, you should be active to some extent. One friend of mine runs a lot, a few of them weight train, and a few are outdoors guys. Whatever works best for you, do it, but there’s no excuse to sit on your ass and become a blob.
      That's it...It's that fucking simple. Be active. Stay active.

      Regulating your intake is important, as well...But, activity levels are the foundation of it all. Sofa king simple. Especially to start...If you're a fat fuck, go for a walk. Now that it's easy...Go for a longer walk...Go for two walks. You're starting to feel good? Add some push ups to start the day....boom...Snowball in good ways. Not the ways half this board does...




      Also... I blame broads for my issues... Why would my friends give me more shit about being a fat fuck if I'm still smashing on the regular? I needed to get more active five years ago, but it wasn't obvious I was killing myself. #alwaysblamesomeoneelse

      Comment


      • #18
        Another thing I think isnt stressed enough is allowing yourself to pig out once or twice a week on the food you love. Assuming you don’t go completely overboard, it really won’t hurt your progress long term and goes a long way to keeping you on the path.

        Comment


        • #19
          Plateaued at 175.

          Eating more but also have more time to run every day so it's wash.
          Last edited by worldofx; 10-04-2020, 08:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
            Couple things...Intermittent fasting, or, what should be called: eating like humans have throughout existence before the middle of the 20th century, works. Because your body SHOULD always be in a burning state when you eat for sustenance. As someone that loves and appreciates decadent eating, I understand the hypocrisy. That's why I train. But, if you follow a solid/restricted intake plan combined with IF, you're going to lose weight...Plain and simple. The body burns fat to survive, and that's the basic shit we've all known our entire lives.

            Sucking down rice filled baked potatoes stuffed in a bread bowl served on a bed of noodles...That's a problem. "I'm fueling"...no...Unless you're an elite athlete, there's really no need for over 100 grams of carbs a day if you're actually trying to lose weight. Some can argue, and there are variations to numbers, but that's a simple number...And, most fucks don't get close to enough fiber with those carbs.

            Water...If you're not drinking (at least) a gallon a day, you're not trying.

            I'm down over 50 from where I started, and it's the easiest shit in the world...A few fasts here and there. Heavy weights. Walking. Lower carbs...But, I'm not killing myself. If I tried, I'd probably be down closer to 210, which is about what I was when I left the Corps...I was considerably bigger, muscle-wise, in those days, so the numbers are applied quite different. But, just yesterday I sucked down a pizza and five beers on a chill day, after missing most this week's workouts after my diverticulitis flared up and my week was fucked. Back at it with wreckless abandon next week...I found what works for me, and I stick to it most days, and I don't get down on things if I miss a day. Shit happens...I'm also training twice a day during the week, so I can make up for these past two broken weeks in no time. #hashtagpositivevibesandshit

            I could use a few less drinks, but a man has to be able to sleep once in a while. Booze is a huge negative on the body, but it's that or pills to help me sleep...Easy choice. Plus, since I'm not really allowed to have any, I get to feel like a badass for 30 minutes as I'm winding down my days

            Also...I know we're not supposed to...But, fat shaming fucking works. It causes reflection and questioning. Don't be a dick to a stranger, but motivate your friends to not be fat fucking slobs. I wish mine did more of it as I continued closing in on that magic three bill mark. Thankfully, I never reached it, but I easily could have with a few more months of bullshit.
            I usually drink a gallon by lunch.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

              I usually drink a gallon by lunch.
              Same here, but you know as well I, that's not the case with the general populous.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                Pandemic didn't affect my training...Destroying my elbow made me lose two months, though...

                But, I'm visibly in the best shape I've been in nearly a decade...Which is a testament to how bad I actually let my alcoholism and depression get...

                Just started doing pull-ups again a couple weeks ago. Then got some food shit...Then my diverticulitis flared up..Fuck beans...So, the past two weeks haven't been great for any training. But, last Monday's first max set (Armstrong workout, if you're not a bitch) was seven. Nothing impressive, but at 40, and for someone that hasn't incorporated pull-ups back into my life since Afghanistan (today is officially 10 years since I flew to SD to debrief), I'm not upset with seven, by any means. I'll be over 10 by the end of October...And, that will put me in a very small segment of the global population.
                I hit 10 for my first set last night...Not all PFT-quality, but 7-8 solid ones, and then a couple forced reps. I'll take it...I'm 40...And I'm not working toward a PFT...Working toward trying to do double-digit pull-ups.

                Comment


                • #23




                  If you're not tracking Ethan Suplee AND Action Bronson, you're missing out on some of the best motivation you'll ever find.

                  Fucking well done, guys.

                  It's a schooner or whatever the fuck William says now.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Up 10-15

                    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7c287df...a-e558c342a670

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I’m sitting at like 218 and flabby right now. In my defense though, I’ve been sick as a dog lately (not rona) and I stopped exercising prior to that. Once I get to feeling good again, the first thing I’m going to do is play basketball until my heart explodes.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Fresneck View Post




                          If you're not tracking Ethan Suplee AND Action Bronson, you're missing out on some of the best motivation you'll ever find.

                          Fucking well done, guys.

                          It's a schooner or whatever the fuck William says now.
                          I had no idea Ethan Suplee was that big.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            215, which at my height isn’t bad but it’s 5 lbs up from the 10 on range I yo-yo between so I’ve got some work to do.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                              215, which at my height isn’t bad but it’s 5 lbs up from the 10 on range I yo-yo between so I’ve got some work to do.
                              Yeah we’re in the same boat. I figure with the weather getting nicer and the covid shit winding down I should be able to get right again over the next 6 months.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by daCat View Post

                                That's been conventional wisdom for decades.
                                This is still, somehow, the dumbest post in the history of FVSports.


                                Kinda' liking less 94 year old retards on the board. Been going a lot smoother the past few days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X