Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How’s your weight during the pandemic?

Also, feel free to share any tips you might have.

Initially, I blew up by about 12 pounds because I went hard on the junk food and stopped exercising due to the gym being closed. After hating myself for a few days, I decided to take up running outside and bought some free weights. Since then, I’ve lost the 12 I gained plus an extra 5 and I feel better than ever. Also, shoutout to intermittent fasting for being the easiest “diet” ever.

gained 7....lost 4 so far

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
      Also, feel free to share any tips you might have.

Initially, I blew up by about 12 pounds because I went hard on the junk food and stopped exercising due to the gym being closed. After hating myself for a few days, I decided to take up running outside and bought some free weights. Since then, I’ve lost the 12 I gained plus an extra 5 and I feel better than ever. Also, shoutout to intermittent fasting for being the easiest “diet” ever.
      Read more on intermittent fasting, a new study came out yesterday that you might be losing as much muscle as fat. Of course the article could also be full of shit.

I lift occasionally at home, I've had a bench at my house for the last two decades and get about 10k + steps in per night at kids sports. Weight is about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Read more on intermittent fasting, a new study came out yesterday that you might be losing as much muscle as fat. Of course the article could also be full of shit.

I lift occasionally at home, I've had a bench at my house for the last two decades and get about 10k + steps in per night at kids sports. Weight is about the same.
        I find that hard to believe because my lifts haven’t suffered as a result at all, which should happen if I’m losing muscle mass. I’ll look at the study, but my guess is they did it with people who aren’t working out 5 days a week and IF is tricking their body into thinking they’re starving, which fucks you up.

Comment

So I looked into this, and I already identified a few problems.

1.) It’s a short study.
          2.) Telling overweight and obese people they can eat whatever they want during their window and then being surprised when they stuff their fat face with cupcakes for 8 straight hours and lose muscle and not fat shouldn’t shock anyone.

When I say IF is working for me and I’m doing well, I do this under the assumption that anyone who picks this up won’t eat like a total retard. You still have to eat good food, that part is never optional if you want to be in good health.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
            So I looked into this, and I already identified a few problems.

1.) It’s a short study.
            2.) Telling overweight and obese people they can eat whatever they want during their window and then being surprised when they stuff their fat face with cupcakes for 8 straight hours and lose muscle and not fat shouldn’t shock anyone.

When I say IF is working for me and I’m doing well, I do this under the assumption that anyone who picks this up won’t eat like a total retard. You still have to eat good food, that part is never optional if you want to be in good health.
            I started with a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, and man if you want your colon cleaned that is the way to go. I'm also investigating kettle bells as I want to start lifting in a way that it is more full body than muscle isolation(bench, curls, etc.).

Comment

I started with a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, and man if you want your colon cleaned that is the way to go. I'm also investigating kettle bells as I want to start lifting in a way that it is more full body than muscle isolation(bench, curls, etc.).
              I fucking LOVE oatmeal. I break my fast with it almost every day and blow out my asshole. Keeps me feeling satiated for a long time, too.

Comment

I usually keep away from posts like this, but I've been gradually losing weight for a couple years now. Im down 90 pounds since I started. Still got a ways to go, but pandemic really hasn't effected that aspect. I am at my lowest post-college weight. Im having trouble shedding fat in the stomach area, so if anyone has any tips, fire em my way.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                  I usually keep away from posts like this, but I've been gradually losing weight for a couple years now. Im down 90 pounds since I started. Still got a ways to go, but pandemic really hasn't effected that aspect. I am at my lowest post-college weight. Im having trouble shedding fat in the stomach area, so if anyone has any tips, fire em my way.
                  Good for you man, keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pandemic didn't affect my training...Destroying my elbow made me lose two months, though...

But, I'm visibly in the best shape I've been in nearly a decade...Which is a testament to how bad I actually let my alcoholism and depression get...

Just started doing pull-ups again a couple weeks ago. Then got some food shit...Then my diverticulitis flared up..Fuck beans...So, the past two weeks haven't been great for any training. But, last Monday's first max set (Armstrong workout, if you're not a bitch) was seven. Nothing impressive, but at 40, and for someone that hasn't incorporated pull-ups back into my life since Afghanistan (today is officially 10 years since I flew to SD to debrief), I'm not upset with seven, by any means. I'll be over 10 by the end of October...And, that will put me in a very small segment of the global population.

Comment

Fuck yeah, man...Keep that shit up.

Comment

Couple things...Intermittent fasting, or, what should be called: eating like humans have throughout existence before the middle of the 20th century, works. Because your body SHOULD always be in a burning state when you eat for sustenance. As someone that loves and appreciates decadent eating, I understand the hypocrisy. That's why I train. But, if you follow a solid/restricted intake plan combined with IF, you're going to lose weight...Plain and simple. The body burns fat to survive, and that's the basic shit we've all known our entire lives.

Sucking down rice filled baked potatoes stuffed in a bread bowl served on a bed of noodles...That's a problem. "I'm fueling"...no...Unless you're an elite athlete, there's really no need for over 100 grams of carbs a day if you're actually trying to lose weight. Some can argue, and there are variations to numbers, but that's a simple number...And, most fucks don't get close to enough fiber with those carbs.

Water...If you're not drinking (at least) a gallon a day, you're not trying.

I'm down over 50 from where I started, and it's the easiest shit in the world...A few fasts here and there. Heavy weights. Walking. Lower carbs...But, I'm not killing myself. If I tried, I'd probably be down closer to 210, which is about what I was when I left the Corps...I was considerably bigger, muscle-wise, in those days, so the numbers are applied quite different. But, just yesterday I sucked down a pizza and five beers on a chill day, after missing most this week's workouts after my diverticulitis flared up and my week was fucked. Back at it with wreckless abandon next week...I found what works for me, and I stick to it most days, and I don't get down on things if I miss a day. Shit happens...I'm also training twice a day during the week, so I can make up for these past two broken weeks in no time. #hashtagpositivevibesandshit

I could use a few less drinks, but a man has to be able to sleep once in a while. Booze is a huge negative on the body, but it's that or pills to help me sleep...Easy choice. Plus, since I'm not really allowed to have any, I get to feel like a badass for 30 minutes as I'm winding down my days

Also...I know we're not supposed to...But, fat shaming fucking works. It causes reflection and questioning. Don't be a dick to a stranger, but motivate your friends to not be fat fucking slobs. I wish mine did more of it as I continued closing in on that magic three bill mark. Thankfully, I never reached it, but I easily could have with a few more months of bullshit.

Comment

That's been conventional wisdom for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

That's been conventional wisdom for decades.

No it hasn't

Comment

Unfortunately you can’t spot remove fat, which sucks because I gain almost all of mine in my stomach aswell. The only thing I can say is keep up the good work, exercise to whatever extent you can, and focus on eating as much lean protein and vegetables as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X