Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Duel

Affleck was entertaining. Damon was a waste of money. Adam Driver, as usual, ran rings around everyone else. I didn't expect to enjoy this film but was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• The Batman

The story is actually a decent detective story and it keeps you guessing as to the identity of the Riddler's ultimate target.

Jeffrey Wright was born to play Gordon and the villains are all well cast. Zoe Kravitz does an excellent job as Selena Kyle.

Robert Pattison is ok as Batman but I didn't like his Bruce Wayne. Most of the films have distinguished the two but Pattinson just seems to be a mopey version of Batman as Bruce Wayne.

Andy Serkis might be ready for Alfred in 20 years but he just comes across as more of a boozey uncle in this one. Didn't like him at all.

The film is long and slow and very dark. Everyone but Gordon is hiding something and even the good guys are seedy (which is kinda the crux of the plot).

Comment

• Saw an incredible film last night that I can't talk about for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
          Saw an incredible film last night that I can't talk about for a while.
          Backdoor anal sluts 8?

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
            Saw an incredible film last night that I can't talk about for a while.
            Better than Coda (sarcasm)?

Comment

• The Batman (B-)

I did not hate this like I expected to. Just out of the jump though, I did not buy Pattinson as Batman and that has a large part to do with the grade. He wasn't as awful as Clooney, but he looks far too babyfaced for me to buy this guy as a badass. That said, there is quite a bit of good. The story was solid noir as compared to most superhero nonsense. Kind of a classic Batman comic story. Really liked Zoe as Selena. John Turturro has been killing it lately with his role as Irving in Severance and now here as Falcone. Jeffery Wright was a good Gordon. I don't think many will hate this, though it is really long (2hrs and 56mins). Your emersion/enjoyment will likely hinge on if you can get around twilight boy as Batman. I was entertained. Its not on the level of the Bale films, but no super hero movies are.

Comment

• The Northman:

Conan the Barbarian meets Hamlet. The camera work is very close, almost claustrophobic. I enjoyed it.

Nicole Kidman needs to fire her plastic surgeon. She looks bloody awful.

Comment

• Tombstone came on a and e last night. I watched the whole thing. Damn that movie.

Comment

• Terminator 2 is on. The most unbelievable part of this movie is Linda Hamilton is supposed to be 29.

Comment

• I'll catch up on reviews this weekend but here's what I've seen so far this year.

https://letterboxd.com/worldofx/list...s-seen-ranked/

Comment

• I think I’ve heard of like five of those movies.

Comment

• Ambulance:

Another unrealistic heist/ chase movie where they wreck more Dodge Chargers than the Dukes of Hazzard. It includes a grab bag of clichéd characters but this one is different because it was filmed with drones.

Comment

• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

it was okay. As a follow-up to Spider-Man doesn't really work for me. The story is thin. Motivations sketchy. One character is basically a plot device. Had some cool parts though.

Top-Gun: Maverick

It was good. Hit the 80's nostalgia feels. It's interesting to have a sequel with so much time past. Gets a little Ace Combat video game at times. Plot was weak. Also could have used an editor.
                            Last edited by TTURedRaider; 05-29-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Top Gun: Maverick (B)

Dad movie of the decade. Undeniable action filmmaking, great stuff from Kosinski. Also hokey as hell and the majority of it looked like a beer commercial.

Comment

• Top Gun

20 minutes too long and 15 years too late. If Hollywood is going to continue the trend of not offending potential overseas markets it is going to become much more difficult to make military films with a credible plot.

Comment

Working...
                                X