Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I don't but any real expense stuff and nothing over 12 yrs old so far. I didn't like Johnny Walker Black so not sure I'm going to like Islay and Campletown.

I ordered Pappy at a place just to try it and the waitress asked me if I wanted it on the rocks. I just told her no just neat wity nothing else.
    Pappy is good. Not sure if I have the palate necessary to justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Pappy is good. Not sure if I have the palate necessary to justify it.
      It is. It’s a nice wheater. Im never going to buy a bottle but I accept gifts. Also I’m in the Holiday raffle at the liquor store for some Buffalo Trace stuff.

Comment

It is. It’s a nice wheater. Im never going to buy a bottle but I accept gifts. Also I’m in the Holiday raffle at the liquor store for some Buffalo Trace stuff.
        Nice. Virginia still has state-controlled liquor. So, no fun things here.

Comment

My local guy offers me some of the rare and weird stuff they put in raffle at big box stores but I don’t have the pallet or wallet to justify booze that expensive and honestly rather someone who would really enjoy it have it.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

My local guy offers me some of the rare and weird stuff they put in raffle at big box stores but I don’t have the pallet or wallet to justify booze that expensive and honestly rather someone who would really enjoy it have it.
            I know the owner of one of our gastropubs. I know... I know... but, the place is legit. Over 100 bottles of bourbon and at least 50 nice bottles of scotch. This is the place you go to for a smoked rye Manhattan. They use vermouth from a local winery, use their own rye whiskey and create their own bitters... in this case, both chocolate and orange bitters, because Christmas.

Anyhow, a few of us were there at close, which gets earlier and earlier each year. The owner walks out of the kitchen and asks us if we wanted to taste the good shit. When dude is in this mood, you should know three things:

1. Even if you’re a block away, you’re getting an Über.
            2. You’re about to try some shit you didn’t even know existed.
            3. You’re about to discuss liquor with a newly-donned Master Distiller.

So, the bottle dude is carrying is indeed one I’ve never seen. It’s a bottle of Johnny Walker Kilmarnock 400 15 year aged Irish whiskey. That’s not one you see every day. He also had a private stash of Apple pie moonshine he created just for himself. Apparently, he spent a month with a bootlegger from Franklin Co. Virginia, which is to moonshine as Kentucky is to bourbon. Fucking legit. It’s hard to imagine how a shot can be that smooth at 150° or above. After that, they all tasted the same to me.

Comment

Been collecting a shit ton of bottles this year. Mostly through facebook raffles using Illinois Pick 3 Fireball as the winner.

Best bottles I've gotten

Weller CYPB
              1816 Chattanooga Whiskey MGP juice
              Blantons Gold
              Stagg Jr.

Some other decent bottles:

Couple bottles of Bookers
              1792 Bottled in Bond
              Buffalo Trace
              Eagle Rare
              Couple other bottles of Blantons

Comment

Finally had George T. Stagg in December...At my freakin' hotel just outside Nashville. Fuck beans...It's as good as people say. ~$100/glass was a bit much, but damn...If I'm gonna' spend a shit ton of money on booze, I'm glad it was as worth it as could be.

This past week, we found the motherload of this stuff...And, I'll be bringing a case back to the States.

https://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-wh...export-review/

Comment

Originally posted by boomie View Post
                  Been collecting a shit ton of bottles this year. Mostly through facebook raffles using Illinois Pick 3 Fireball as the winner.

Best bottles I've gotten

Weller CYPB
                  1816 Chattanooga Whiskey MGP juice
                  Blantons Gold
                  Stagg Jr.

Some other decent bottles:

Couple bottles of Bookers
                  1792 Bottled in Bond
                  Buffalo Trace
                  Eagle Rare
                  Couple other bottles of Blantons
                  I drank a couple Chattanooga whiskeys when I was in Nashville...They do an exceptional job. I look forward to drinking (much) more.

Comment

Just bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's 'Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Woodford reserve to impress my bourbon swilling friend based on recommendations in this forum.

Thanks y'all

Comment

Sold a bottle of Colonel EH Taylor Amaranth of the Gods for $900
                      Sold a bottle of New Riff OKI 12 year SIB for $700
                      Sold that Weller CYPB for $500

Funding my Vegas trip next week. Couldn't justify opening those bottles that I got for about $120 total

Comment

Working...
                      X