Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourbon or Scotch?

First of all, hey people. Hope you have been safe and well during these uncertain times. We need to reflect on our true nature as well as the intertwined spirit of humanity as we fully understand how difficult it is to be away from the touch and mental stimulation of strangers and friends.

second of all, I’ve been drinking more as we all have. I’m a newbie to whisky. I like Mezcal... and they aren’t that far apart in reality.

so far I’ve only picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig small batch which I researched is a good bourbon. It’s nice , I sipped in neat which will take some time. Also good in an old fashioned.

I also picked up a bottle of Glenlivet 12 as someone said it’s a good starter scotch. It’s smooth but I wish it had some
    smoke or more character.

any tips for a whisky newbie?

High West
    Hudson
    Four Roses
    Bulleit
    WIld Turkey (seriously)

Comment

Scotch is pricey,

MaCallan’s 10 or 12

I like Islay scotches, but usually they’re pricy but for one that’s $30ish a bottle McClendon’s Islay is a go to “cheap” scotch that I like a lot.

Bulleit as a go to bourbon
      Angels Envy as a splurge bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjew21 View Post

second of all, I’ve been drinking more as we all have. I’m a newbie to whisky. I like Mezcal... and they aren’t that far apart in reality.
        Uh... yeah. They’re pretty far apart. Mezcal is more of a brandy.

That said, Blanton’s, Basil Hayden or Hudson are great. Woodford is nice.

Comment

Bourbon is objectively superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

You’re a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjew21 View Post

You’re a douche.
              I mean Mezcal and Bourbon are derived in different manners of different ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

I like Basil Hayden. Haven't had it in years.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                  Bourbon is objectively superior.

Nah. Bourbon is better bang for your buck for the normal price range, and I drink it more but good scotch is just better than good bourbon.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Nah. Bourbon is better bang for your buck for the normal price range, and I drink it more but good scotch is just better than good bourbon.
                    Yould be wrong. But that’s okay. We don’t expect much out of Philadelphians.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Press F to pay respect for city’s old man taste buds.

Bourbon is American, therefore superior to all other forms of liquor, especially scotch. This is not a subject of debate, but rather a fact, like the speed of light and Philadelphia smelling like piss.

Comment

Make fun of my old man pallet all you want, but ripping me smelling like piss hits too close to home for me and my people.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

I mean Mezcal and Bourbon are derived in different manners of different ingredients.
                          Once at 17 or so, me and a friend stayed at my family’s sailboat. My dad had a small liquor cabinet. To not create suspicion and drink a bunch of one booze, we had the bright idea to drink a little of all of them. We did shots of scotch, vodka, gin, bourbon, mezcal and I think coffee liquor.

This had to have been 22 years ago and I still remember that hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

Once at 17 or so, me and a friend stayed at my family’s sailboat. My dad had a small liquor cabinet. To not create suspicion and drink a bunch of one booze, we had the bright idea to drink a little of all of them. We did shots of scotch, vodka, gin, bourbon, mezcal and I think coffee liquor.

This had to have been 22 years ago and I still remember that hangover.
                            The only people I have ever known to own a sailboat were a pair of college professors at Jacksonville State.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

The only people I have ever known to own a sailboat were a pair of college professors at Jacksonville State.
                              My dad loved sailing on lake Lanier growing up and bought a boat in the 90s. We still have it. It’s a 45 minute ride and then you’re out of Atlanta. He’ll leave his house and go up there for a few nights probably every two weeks.

It’s pretty chill up there. FAEF62AB-5DCB-4708-866C-DCDCA444598E.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                              X