• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daCat
    replied
    Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post
    Gatorade is shit for you. Stop drinking it
    If you are strenuously active and sweating (cardio intense), the opposite is true. But for sure, if you aren't active, it can be damaging.

Leave a comment:

• GehenHerzog
    replied
    Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
    I drink more water than anyone here I’m sure. I don’t think two bottles of Gatorade a week will kill me.
    Get some of the hydration packets. They are way better for you and accomplish the same thing.

Cure, Drip Drop, Liquid IV

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    I drink more water than anyone here I’m sure. I don’t think two bottles of Gatorade a week will kill me.

Leave a comment:

• riker7
    replied
    Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post
    It has electrolytes.

Leave a comment:

• GehenHerzog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

Regular Gatorade just has a shitload of sugar in it and I’ve kind of got myself off drinking super sugary things. I’ll only drink a soda if I’m driving long distances and want the caffeine.
    Just fucking do more reps at the gym. Drink the good stuff mang

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris View Post
    I figured it was bottle supplies.

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    Sugar-free Gatorade? Are you diabetic?
    Regular Gatorade just has a shitload of sugar in it and I’ve kind of got myself off drinking super sugary things. I’ll only drink a soda if I’m driving long distances and want the caffeine.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Of all their weird supply issues, why the hell is it so hard to get sugar free Gatorade? My Publix hasn’t had fing Gatorade in weeks.
    Sugar-free Gatorade? Are you diabetic?

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Of all their weird supply issues, why the hell is it so hard to get sugar free Gatorade? My Publix hasn’t had fing Gatorade in weeks.
    I sell them for $50 a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Found this

https://943thepoint.com/gatorade-shortage-new-jersey/

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied
    Originally posted by daCat View Post

This is good info, but what I was asking about is where do we stand on what was reported early on as time to develop herd immunity. Haven't heard much about this for a while. It sort of faded out like "flattening the curve". Was hoping you might have some insight on it. To be clear, your opinion is the only one on this website I give much credence to regarding Covid19.
    I don't think we hear much about herd immunity any more now that there is a vaccine. You are already seeing a drop in the number of cases as the number of vaccinated has risen. I guess you could say the herd is mostly vaccinated so that is mitigating the spread.

Flattening the curve just refers to slowing the rate of increase in number of new infections which has also happened with more vaccinated people in the community.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied
    Originally posted by samnite View Post

Not sure I understand your question. Are you referring to the immunity of those who got COVID vs those who were vaccinated? There are several studies still ongoing but some reports suggest antibody levels wane after so many months so a booster or getting vaccinated around 3 months after a COVID infection may be helpful. There are non-antibody mediated ways that your immune system fights infection (T cells, natural killer cells, etc) that may persist after the antibodies wane. People who are immunocompromised may lack these extra ways to fight infection so boosters were approved for them first since there is stronger evidence that they would benefit.
    This is good info, but what I was asking about is where do we stand on what was reported early on as time to develop herd immunity. Haven't heard much about this for a while. It sort of faded out like "flattening the curve". Was hoping you might have some insight on it. To be clear, your opinion is the only one on this website I give much credence to regarding Covid19.

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied
    Originally posted by daCat View Post

Where does natural immunity fit in the grand scheme of things?
    Not sure I understand your question. Are you referring to the immunity of those who got COVID vs those who were vaccinated? There are several studies still ongoing but some reports suggest antibody levels wane after so many months so a booster or getting vaccinated around 3 months after a COVID infection may be helpful. There are non-antibody mediated ways that your immune system fights infection (T cells, natural killer cells, etc) that may persist after the antibodies wane. People who are immunocompromised may lack these extra ways to fight infection so boosters were approved for them first since there is stronger evidence that they would benefit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X