X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    OH MY FUCKING GOD, GET THE FUCKING VACCINE ALREADY, YOU FUCKING FUCKS

by WENDY MOLYNEUX

Hi, if you are reading this essay then congratulations, you are still alive. And if you are alive, then you have either gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19. And holy fuck, if you aren’t fucking vaccinated against COVID-19, then you need to get fucking vaccinated right now. I mean, what the fuck? Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck.

The fucking vaccine will not make you magnetic. Are you fucking kidding me? It just fucking won’t. That’s not even a fucking thing, and that lady who tried to pretend the vaccine made her fucking magnetic looked like a real fucking fuckwad and a fucking idiot, so get fucking vaccinated. Jesus. Fuck.

The vaccine also doesn’t have a fucking 5G chip in it. What the fuck do you think a fucking 5G chip is, fucknuts? You think it’s like some invisible nanotechnology they can suspend in a liquid and then just put in your fucking blood and then it what, exactly? Fucking floats around in your body going on Instagram and telling the government you went to the grocery store? No one fucking cares where you go, you absolute fucking fuck-barf. Fuck off with that. Fuck.

Oh, you’re afraid of fucking side effects? Fuck you. You know what has fucking side effects? Fucking aspirin, fucking Tylenol. You could be fucking allergic to pineapple, you fucking fuckwit. Everything has side effects. You’re being a big fucking baby with a huge diaper full of fucking diarrhea, complaining about maybe feeling slightly tired for a day or two while your asymptomatic COVID case you get and pass to some innocent fucking kid could wind up killing them or someone else. Fuck you, you fucking selfish fucking shit-banana, you unredeemable ass-caterpillar, you fucking fuck-knob with two fucks for eyes and a literal poop where your heart should be. You want a two-month-old to wind up on a fucking ventilator instead of you, a fucking adult, getting a fucking sore arm for a day? What are you, a pitcher for the Yankees? A fucking concert pianist? An arm model? Get the fuck out of here! Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck. Fuck you!

You think vaccines don’t fucking work? Oh, fuck off into the trash, you attention-seeking fuckworm-faced shitbutt. This isn’t even a point worth discussing, you fuck-o-rama fuck-stival of ignorance. Vaccines got rid of smallpox and polio and all the other disgusting diseases that used to kill off little fucks like you en masse. Your relatives got fucking vaccinated and let you live, and now here you are signing up to be killed by a fucking disease against which there is a ninety-nine-percent effective vaccine. You fucking moron. Go in the fucking ocean and fuck a piranha. Fuck. Fuck that. Fuck you. Get vaccinated.

Oh, you say you have a genuine allergy or medical condition that prevents you from receiving a fucking vaccine? That’s fine. I’m clearly not talking to you. I fucking love you. Fuck.

Look, if you have been forwarded this essay from a friend or loved one, then there are two possibilities. Either you are a normal, regular, sensible fucking person like me who got fucking vaccinated at the first possible moment, and this essay channels all your fucking rage and sadness and is therefore cathartic OR, and I really hope this isn’t the fucking case, you AREN’T fucking vaccinated, and someone sent it to you because you fucking fucking fuck, you need to get fucking vaccinated. And rather than being fucking offended that someone is trying yet again to get you to take the fucking vaccine, you should understand that someone fucking loves you enough to try one last motherfucking time to get you to take the fucking vaccine before you fuck off to heaven, or hell, or some in-between place that’s just like a fucking mall or something where everything is free, including and especially the soft pretzels. So, congratulations! There is ONE person remaining in your life who wants to fucking save you from drowning in your own fucking lungs, you fucking fuckshit fuckdick, so for god’s sake, get your fucking ass out of your chair, go to the fucking pharmacy, and get a fucking vaccine, you absolute conscienceless fucking fuck fuck fuck. Get it. Get the fucking vaccine. Fuck you. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. Fuck you. Fuck!
    If i was unvaccinated…i definitely would go get it after reading that. 😳🤦‍♂️

Comment

I'm sorry that fucking idiots like Gehen and ibleed are spreading misinformation about masks that has turned this thread political

So let's present evidence from the fucking CDC itself:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7004e3.htm
      You brought Trump into the conversation and Newsome but are blaming other people for making it political?

Comment

Trump was last in office on Jan 20 2021.

He is still controlling the republican party and republican voters

The vaccine prevents serious symptoms surely you know that from the flu vaccine

Literally all repubs are Trump fans because in the republican recall of Gov Newsom are all voting for Trump's boy Larry Elder.
        You are clueless. Republicans aren’t the only ones trying to recall Newsom, please remove your head out of your ass. Last I’m commenting on politics here, stop bringing them up.

i thought we weren’t comparing Covid to the flu? I have never had the flu shot and I’ve never had the flu.

Comment

• https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2106757

Effect of Vaccination on Transmission of SARS-CoV-2

TO THE EDITOR:

Whether vaccination of individual persons for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) protects members of their households is unclear. We investigated the effect of vaccination of health care workers in Scotland (who were among the earliest groups to be vaccinated worldwide) on the risk of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) among members of their households.

We evaluated data from 194,362 household members (which represented 92,470 households of 2 to 14 persons per household) of 144,525 health care workers who had been employed during the period from March 2020 through November 2020. The mean ages of the household members and the health care workers were 31 and 44 years, respectively; a majority (>96%) were White. A total of 113,253 health care workers (78.4%) had received at least one dose of either the BNT162b2 (Pfizer–BioNTech) mRNA vaccine or the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford–AstraZeneca) vaccine, and 36,227 (25.1%) had received a second dose.

The primary outcome was any confirmed case of Covid-19 that occurred between December 8, 2020, and March 3, 2021. We also report results for Covid-19–associated hospitalization. The primary time periods we compared were the unvaccinated period before the first dose and the period beginning 14 days after the health care worker received the first dose. No adjustment was made for multiplicity. Events that occurred after any household member was vaccinated were censored. Detailed methods and results, strengths and limitations, and the protocol are provided in the Supplementary Appendix, which is available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org. This study was approved by the Public Benefit and Privacy Panel (2021-0013), and the scientific officer of the West of Scotland Research Ethics Committee provided written confirmation that formal ethics review was not required.
          Table 1.Effect of Vaccination of Health Care Workers on Documented Covid-19 Cases and Hospitalizations in Health Care Workers and Their Households.

Cases of Covid-19 were less common among household members of vaccinated health care workers during the period beginning 14 days after the first dose than during the unvaccinated period before the first dose (event rate per 100 person-years, 9.40 before the first dose and 5.93 beginning 14 days after the first dose). After the health care worker’s second dose, the rate in household members was lower still (2.98 cases per 100 person-years). These differences persisted after fitting extended Cox models that were adjusted for calendar time, geographic region, age, sex, occupational and socioeconomic factors, and underlying conditions. Relative to the period before each health care worker was vaccinated, the hazard ratio for a household member to become infected was 0.70 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.63 to 0.78) for the period beginning 14 days after the first dose and 0.46 (95% CI, 0.30 to 0.70) for the period beginning 14 days after the second dose (Table 1 and the Supplementary Appendix). Not all the cases of Covid-19 in the household members were transmitted from the health care worker; therefore, the effect of vaccination may be larger.1 For example, if half the cases in the household members were transmitted from the health care worker, a 60% decrease in cases transmitted from health care workers would need to occur to elicit the association we observed (see the Supplementary Appendix). Vaccination was associated with a reduction in both the number of cases and the number of Covid-19–related hospitalizations in health care workers between the unvaccinated period and the period beginning 14 days after the first dose.

Given that vaccination reduces asymptomatic infection with SARS-CoV-2,2,3 it is plausible that vaccination reduces transmission; however, data from clinical trials and observational studies are lacking.4,5 We provide empirical evidence suggesting that vaccination may reduce transmission by showing that vaccination of health care workers is associated with a decrease in documented cases of Covid-19 among members of their households. This finding is reassuring for health care workers and their families.

Anoop S.V. Shah, M.D.
          London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom

Ciara Gribben, M.Sc.
          Jennifer Bishop, M.Sc.
          Public Health Scotland, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Peter Hanlon, M.D.
          University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom

David Caldwell, M.Sc.

Rachael Wood, Ph.D.
          University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Martin Reid, B.Sc.
          Jim McMenamin, M.D.
          David Goldberg, M.D.
          Diane Stockton, M.Sc.

Sharon Hutchinson, Ph.D.
          Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Chris Robertson, Ph.D.
          University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Paul M. McKeigue, Ph.D.
          Helen M. Colhoun, Ph.D.
          University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

David A. McAllister, M.D.
          University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
          david.mcallister@glasgow.ac.uk

Supported by the British Heart Foundation and Wellcome.

Disclosure forms provided by the authors are available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org.

This letter was published on September 8, 2021, at NEJM.org.

Comment

• Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post
            If i was unvaccinated…i definitely would go get it after reading that. 😳🤦‍♂️
            Im unfamiliar with your posting style - was that sarcasm? I guess it is because that fucking retard fresneck (who vehemently claims he's not an antivaxxer or believes in the science around covid) just +1'ed your post and a +1 from him is akin to getting a
            Last edited by sctrojan; 09-15-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite

Why do we need to call people out and make this like CNN/FOXNEWS with people screaming at each other? The tone of this thread has always been more fact-based and intent on keeping up on the evolving science behind the virus as well as the state of the pandemic both globally and personally with poster anecdotes. The arguing and politics just dilutes out the actual useful information in the thread.

Yes Im sorry for calling out the vaccine deniers and the covid doubters on this board. Please don't ban me

Ive had enough from the likes of Nicky Minaj who said some friend of a 2nd cousin in Trinidad took the vaccine and became impotent with swollen balls. hence she hasn't taken the vaccine but she's doing her "research" and may yet take the vaccine because it was developed "so soon"?

Today - after the swift backlash the retard is saying she's taking the vaccine because she wants to go on tour and make money. What happened to all her "research"?

Hopefully a backlash from me makes these people realize that vaccine mandates, mask mandates will help us get back to normal.

Comment

Yes Im sorry for calling out the vaccine deniers and the covid doubters on this board. Please don't ban me

Ive had enough from the likes of Nicky Minaj who said some friend of a 2nd cousin in Trinidad took the vaccine and became impotent with swollen balls. hence she hasn't taken the vaccine but she's doing her "research" and may yet take the vaccine because it was developed "so soon"?

Today - after the swift backlash the retard is saying she's taking the vaccine because she wants to go on tour and make money. What happened to all her "research"?

Hopefully a backlash from me makes these people realize that vaccine mandates, mask mandates will help us get back to normal.
                Has this approach worked in your experience on this board? I don't even visit the politics board so genuinely curious

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post

Has this approach worked in your experience on this board? I don't even visit the politics board so genuinely curious
                  Well we ran off Hookems who was a vaccine denier. I did like the guy but fed up with his anti-vax stand.

Comment

• So recently there was an anti mask/anti vaccine rant in San Diego and the internet never misses a chance to produce greatness

Comment

Well we ran off Hookems who was a vaccine denier. I did like the guy but fed up with his anti-vax stand.
                      You're so full of shit.

Comment

He got vacced you jackalope.

Comment

• Hookems left the board after he moved in next to city and was offended that city complained about his loud music.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

He got vacced you jackalope.
                            That's what he told us to get me off his back.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                              Hookems left the board after he moved in next to city and was offended that city complained about his loud music.

I’d rat that motherfucker out again if I could.

Comment

• FDA Analysis Chills the Rush to Approve Boosters

Brenda Goodman, MA

September 16, 2021

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has posted its review of Pfizer's application for permission to market a third dose of its COVID-19 vaccine to the public, setting the stage for what is likely to be a hot debate on Friday among an independent panel of experts that advises that agency on its regulatory decisions.

"It's going to be a split vote. There's no way they're going to reach unanimity among the advisors," said John Moore, PhD, professor of microbiology and immunology at the Weill Cornell School of Medicine, New York City.

Moore said while there is evidence that third doses can benefit people who are immunocompromised or over the age of 65, Pfizer has asked the FDA to approve boosters, at 6 months after the second dose, for anyone over the age of 16. There's far less evidence to support of boosters for teens and younger adults.

"I just cannot see how everyone on the committee is going to buy into that idea," said Moore.

The meeting on Friday of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee — a panel of experts convened by the agency to advise on its regulatory decisions — will be closely watched. Their vote is not binding, but the FDA typically follows their recommendations.

The FDA's analysis says that after assessing — but not independently reviewing or verifying — available evidence, the "overall data indicate that currently US-licensed or authorized COVID-19 vaccines still afford protection against severe COVID-19 disease and death in the United States."

The FDA's consideration of booster doses will likely delve into a complex stew of questions:
                                • Should the agency base its regulatory actions on the efficacy of the vaccines as they stand today or act based on what could happen in the future as more variants emerge?
                                • Do boosters add collective value by slowing transmission of the virus? Or do they mostly prevent infections on par with severe colds?
                                • Will the continued funneling of finite vaccine doses to wealthy countries hinder the rest of the world's ability to vaccinate against the virus.

The United States has largely looked to Israel, which has already rolled out third doses, for cluea as to what lies ahead with immunity. Critics say Israel has never released detailed data supporting its contention that the protection of the Pfizer vaccine against severe COVID outcomes has diminished over time. The FDA briefing document says some of that data will be reviewed at Friday's meeting.

The stakes are high. The United States, as with many other wealthy countries, has largely pinned its hopes for exiting the restrictions of the pandemic on having as-needed supplies of high-quality vaccines.

At the same time, the focus on providing boosters to Americans and citizens of other countries has been called short-sighted when so much of the world's population is still unvaccinated. As long as the virus spreads anywhere, there's always the risk that it will change and become resistant to the antibodies the vaccines generate against it, drawing out the cycle of devastating surges capable of crippling whole countries and regions at a time.
                                Breakthrough Infections

An FDA-requested analysis of Pfizer's own study data should further fuel the controversy. The analysis looked at vaccine breakthrough infections during the Delta surge — from July through August of 2021. It showed that a person's risk depended upon when they were last vaccinated.

The more than 18,000 study participants originally assigned to get the vaccine — who are now about 10 months away from their last doses — had a higher rate of Delta-caused breakthrough infections compared with 18,000 study participants who were switched from placebo shots to the vaccines after the study was unblinded.

There were roughly 70 infections for every 1000 person-years in the originally vaccinated group compared to 51 infections for every 1000 person-years in the more recently vaccinated group, representing a 27% decrease in infections.

The more recently vaccinated study participants are about 5 months away from their last doses. There were only three serious breakthrough infections out of all the original study participants, however, they were all in the earliest vaccinated group.

And there's another twist. A further analysis that looked at breakthrough infections in very recently vaccinated people — those who were 4 months or less away from their second doses — found cases more than tripled during the Delta surge, rising from about 13 cases for every 1000 person-years before Delta compared with 43 infections per 1000 person-years during Delta.

The FDA reviewers write that this suggests that although waning immunity is one factor driving breakthrough infections, there's likely some quality of the Delta variant itself — the way it is transmitted or how well the vaccine protects against it — that's also at play.

The FDA review also concluded that third doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was tested in about 300 people, seemed to be safe. Swollen lymph nodes were the most commonly reported adverse event, affecting about 5% of people who got third doses.

There were no cases of Bell's palsy, myocarditis or pericarditis, or appendicitis.

The FDA's brief also notes that because 16- and 17-year-olds were not included in the booster studies, there's no direct evidence to support approval for this age group. Any approval for this age group would depend on extrapolation of data from adults.
                                Foregone Conclusion?

All these issues, and the questions they raise Friday, are not likely to change the ultimate outcome, Moore said.

The Biden administration announced in August that the booster doses would be offered to Americans starting on September 20, undercutting its regulatory agencies and prompting the resignations of two experienced vaccine reviewers at the FDA.

"The horse is out of the barn on this. There's going to be boosters," said Moore. "I think the debate will be whether it really is appropriate to go for everyone over the age of 16, which is what Pfizer is asking for," he said.

The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will meet next week to make recommendations on exactly who should get the boosters and how they should be given.

Sources:

John Moore, PhD, professor of microbiology and immunology, Weill Cornell School of Medicine, New York, New York.

FDA, Briefing Document, Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, September 15, 2021.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReporterGoodman

Follow Medscape on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

Credits:
                                Lead Image: Dreamstime

Medscape Medical News © 2021 WebMD, LLC

Comment

Working...
                                X