Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I read today in Alabama, they set up a mass vaccine clinic at Dega and if you get your shot you can do a lap. That’s awesome and will work there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
      So I read today in Alabama, they set up a mass vaccine clinic at Dega and if you get your shot you can do a lap. That’s awesome and will work there.
      I've done a couple of laps at Talladega. Waited 5 hours but it was worth it.

Comment

• Is anyone still wearing masks at this point? I’ve been done for a while.

Comment

• I would say about 30% are still wearing them. Most restaurant employees are still wearing them. I stopped wearing mine about 10 days after my 2nd shot.

Comment

Is anyone still wearing masks at this point? I’ve been done for a while.

Only in stores that still require them.

Based on my experience this weekend, the white people of Southern California are done with them while the Asian tourists are holding strong.

Comment

Is anyone still wearing masks at this point? I’ve been done for a while.
              I will be later this week, but only 'cause it's required for flying...But, I can take it off in my QSuite.,..The folks in the back have to keep theirs on.

And, I guess I'll be stuck doing it when I'm back in the Motherland at the end of the month. Shit...Didn't think about that second part....Fuckin' nanny state bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Only in stores that still require them.

Based on my experience this weekend, the white people of Southern California are done with them while the Asian tourists are holding strong.

I live near Chinatown. They’re still holding strong here. Only select stores require them, like the market I get beer at but it’s few and far between now.

Coffee shops tend to require masks while ordering, but outside of that the service industry is basically mask free.

Comment

• The last restaurant I went to made me wear a mask when ordering inside then I had to eat outside in the heat or take it home. Being that it was like 90 outside I really didn’t feel like eating a Cuban sandwich in a makeshift dining area next to a parking lot.

I’m not opposed to food servers wearing masks based on principal.

When I went to Costco to get contacts lenses and they were done with the mask, I figured it was all over. If they ran this pandemic we’d have been done last summer.

Comment

• I still wear a mask as it is required in the hospital. I went to the mall a couple weeks ago with my mask and really only saw Black people wearing masks but it was definitely only like 25% of the people. I still see COVID patients at times so I don't mind wearing the mask in public in case I am carrying anything to avoid possibly spreading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post
                      I still wear a mask as it is required in the hospital. I went to the mall a couple weeks ago with my mask and really only saw Black people wearing masks but it was definitely only like 25% of the people. I still see COVID patients at times so I don't mind wearing the mask in public in case I am carrying anything to avoid possibly spreading it.
                      I know it sounds selfish but at this point, if you haven’t gotten the free vaccine that’s availabile everywhere, I don’t really care if you get it. After watching tons of reopened sports with no one wearing a mask and they’re all sitting side by side…..I think I’ll be ok if I don’t wear one at Publix.

Comment

I know it sounds selfish but at this point, if you haven’t gotten the free vaccine that’s availabile everywhere, I don’t really care if you get it. After watching tons of reopened sports with no one wearing a mask and they’re all sitting side by side…..I think I’ll be ok if I don’t wear one at Publix.
                        I understand. I am used to the mask so it really doesn't bother me. I just would rather not contribute to more new cases and hospitalizations. I have no choice but to see these patients when they get sick and hospitalized despite having access to the vaccine anyway lol. There are fewer cases/hospitalizations thankfully but we need to still do what we can to not promote variants that could possibly resist the vaccines.

Comment

• So the delta variant is seemingly more contagious and causing more people to get infected. The good news is that vaccinated people tend to do reasonably ok and aren't progressing to hospitalization but there are still a shit ton of unvaccinated who are getting this thing and promoting its spread and progressing to hospitalization and death. I am going to be pissed if we see a second wave this year. Maybe we will see a 3rd dose booster shot recommendation.

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post
                            So the delta variant is seemingly more contagious and causing more people to get infected. The good news is that vaccinated people tend to do reasonably ok and aren't progressing to hospitalization but there are still a shit ton of unvaccinated who are getting this thing and promoting its spread and progressing to hospitalization and death. I am going to be pissed if we see a second wave this year. Maybe we will see a 3rd dose booster shot recommendation.

Have you noticed any change in age demos that are ending up hospitalized? I would assume there's been an increase in younger people who aren't getting vaccinated. (and were probably in poor health to begin with)

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Have you noticed any change in age demos that are ending up hospitalized? I would assume there's been an increase in younger people who aren't getting vaccinated. (and were probably in poor health to begin with)
                              Yeah it has been skewing younger mainly because the vaccine was only offered to the older population initially so there has been more time for that cohort to get vaccinated.

Comment

• My hospital's COVID numbers are skyrocketing again (COVID cases pretty much doubled from last week) and we are back to having numbers we had at the height of the pandemic. We are seeing shortages in staffing as nurses exposed to COVID patients are having to quarantine or are getting sick themselves. Unfortunately not all the nurses got vaccinated for various reasons. I don't try to force people to do things they don't want to do but it is amazing to me that people are still willing to risk getting COVID and dying vs getting the vaccine. Maybe we need someone to make a popular Netflix documentary to show people what happens when you get COVID? People tend to watch whatever is popular on Netflix and maybe it won't be dismissed as being political.

Do people think doctors have cured covid with steroids and blood thinners? The vaccine is the most powerful weapon we have developed in the pandemic so far and the alternatives are merely supportive care while we watch you hopefully not die by mitigating the collateral damage of the inflammation. There are antiviral agents as well but these medications are just as experimental as the vaccine in terms of how much high level research has been done so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X